oneBoro Forum

New Sponsorship Plan

It seems we are going to be different this year and not have a yearly sponsor. We'll be selling the shirt sponsor rights on a monthly basis instead:

http://www.mfc.co.uk/articles/20100707/boro-launch-unique-front-of-shirt-sponsorship_70639_2086044

Anyone think this is actually a good idea? I can only imagine the frustration in buying a replica shirt with the sponsor on (they never look right without it do they?) and then next month your shirt is out of date!

Can't see it being very appealing for the sponsors either if the club are selling shirts with a different name on. Or are we supposed to burn all the remaining shirts each time the sponsor changes. It sounds a little like last seasons poorly thought through ticket refund if we won 4 matches in a row.

Wouldn't you think the official shirt will be sold without a sponsor? The cost of reproducing the shirt to sell several times over would never hapen surely because of the expense.

In that case I think it makes them a lot more appealing!

Maybe the shirts could be sold with a plastic strip across the front where you could just slide this months sponsors name into.

When is the new strip due to be launched, anyone know?

I always buy the shirt every season, but now I will be paying £40 for an Adidas shirt with the club badge on.

Might as well buy a training top.

This plan is basically Boro saying they cannot get a main shirt sponsor for the money that they want so rather than admit that they have come up with this idea.No commercially minded business would turn down the guarantee of a 1 or 2 year deal to take a risk that they can sell the rights every month for 10 months.

Like it has been said how are the club going to sell the shirt (with or without sponsor) , are they going to have a velcro strip on the front and every month you buy a new sponsor badge :)

Some clubs will think what a great idea but it aint IMO.

The bit i like in this story is where they say its for an exclusive list of companies then at the end of the article it gives the name and telephone number if you are interested in sponsoring Boro.

Its my mums 80th this year, I might give her a treat and have her face splashed across the shirt for a month of birthday celebrations.

Heard they are going with a LCD type film display that only activates when we have the ball. The idea is to have multiple advertisements so sponsors can invest in minutes.

The public are not missing out either as you can pay for announcements such as birthdays, engagements etc.

The cost escalates for night matches as displays are more pronounced.

It add to the excitement players can be tuned intermittently which enables cascading lighting, starting from the goal keeper the backs, midfield then forwards, a wave if you like. Bit like the settings on Christmas tree lights.

Manufacture claims.

Graphene is an excellent conductor, and it transports electrons tens of times faster than silicon does. It could replace the brittle indium tin oxide (ITO) electrodes that are currently used in displays, organic solar cells, and touch screens. Graphene transistors could also replace silicon thin-film transistors, which are not transparent and are hard to fabricate on plastic.

Computer displays continue to develop in ways that are enabling whole new categories of devices. Flexible screens that can wrap around curved surfaces are in prototype, as are small, very thin interactive screens like the Plastic Logic Reader. Thin film screen technology allows displays to be literally printed onto plastic, along with the batteries that power them, enabling the sorts of live motion displays previously only hinted about in Harry Potter movies. Already in the marketplace is “video in print,” very thin flexible displays that can be easily inserted into popular magazines; CBS and Entertainment Weekly were first to demonstrate this new technology in the fall of 2009. When the technology is developed fully it will enable integrated interactive display devices that combine input and output in a single interface, finally realizing the full potential of electronic paper.

Sponsorship is hard to come by these days it seems you have to be either successful or have other things going on at your club that the sponsors could look at and favour.

Not quite sure if the Middlesbrough Council are still putting a block on The Riverside only being used for football or not.

But if you ask me we would have more chance of catching sponsors eyes if we also did other things to.

Like music gigs and other stuff that my mind seems to have gone blank on at the moment. :huh:

Are we too late to book Michael Jackson up, or Frank Sinatra. :D

We need help and the local council really need to look into this, and create a springboard for The Riverside to start earning money.

Not forgetting creating local jobs.

Steps down off soapbox and walks away...

Our shirts are going to end up looking like the ones in the French league.

Their shirts are like F1 cars with different sponsors everywhere!

Can't we get Datsun Cleveland back?

West Brom haven't had a shirt sponsor for a couple of years.

I don't think Cardiff & Leicester did either half way through last season.

Been speaking about this on another forum and most of them think it's a terrific idea, most are Man Utd and Spurs fans.

Apparently, Spurs are looking to do kind of a similar thing but have a different sponsor for each competition.

fantastic idea , the way itll work is the shirt will come with velcro on the front, every month youll be able to buy the sposors logo for a couple of quid to stick on .

at easter itll be a bunny(one for the girls) at christmas a santa(one for the kids), suntan lotion in aug if we are having a really bad month maybe lillets will give us a few bob , if we get promoted bollinger relagated special brew, midos playing well greggs midos playing badly weigh***chers, we could even get velcro themselves to chip in a few quid .