Boro vs Doncaster (A)

bbbc3330_o.pngvs 6323b4d6_o.png

Details:

[align=center]Keepmoat Stadium

Saturday 1st February

3:00 Kickoff

[/align]

Introduction:

Hey chaps, this is my 4th match thread and generally when I do one of these, we don't win. However I did the last Doncaster one and we won 4-0 so maybe Doncaster are my lucky charm, either that or they're terrible. Most likely to be the latter. As always I've had to follow a boro-unger match thread which is no easy task, so I've tried my best to top him with terrible jokes and a whole lot of photoshop. As always, I wouldn't mind a cheeky karma for my efforts ;) Hopefully I'll get to do a couple in a row after this!

0caa96b4_o.png

Shay's ready to lead the troops against Donny

Us:

Life under Karanka sure looks a lot better, it's nice to have a manager who seems to know what he's doing. Having previously had the second best form in the championship until two recent results things look good for us. Obviously the Leicester game was a set back but how do you beat the best and luckiest team in the division. The game vs Wigan however was pretty terrible and if I have to watch Main run around like two legged gazelle wearing a straitjacket again I'm going to scream. Adomah didn't get a full game vs Wigan, probably due to fitness but he should be back and fit to terrorize the Doncaster defense who lets be honest, aren't very good.

9336a9fc_o.png

Adomah's coming for you Khumalo.

Them:

Let's be honest, Donny aren't the best. You must be desperate when you resort to trying to sign members of One Direction to play games for you, they're still trying to replace the lack of gorgeousness since George left. However Doncaster did just beat Charlton 3-0 so some credit is due, but then Charlton aren't exactly Bayern Munich either. Donny find themselves at 19th trying to avoid a relegation battle where as Boro are currently 10th and trying to sneak into the playoffs.

595f98d0_o.png

Still not the best ever looking Doncaster player.

Weasel's Picks:

Georgey

George Friend for me was MOTM in the Wigan game, he had a fantastic game going forward and defending. Doncaster being his old club I think he's due another really good game as players tend to do well against former clubs so hopefully George will have a game full of excellent defending, Mark Duffy looks a decent player for Doncaster so George will have some defending to do. Doncaster's fullbacks aren't very good however and George could cause some problems getting forward.

87851415_o.png

The award has never been the same since George left.

Billy Sharp

Obviously we all know the guy, he's a good player but in my opinion is extremely overrated. Donny have just resigned him unfortunately for us and he does offer them some quality going forward and will probably be their main threat along with Coppinger. He did have his best time at Doncaster and Sharp does like a goal against us so wouldn't be surprised to see him grab a goal for Donny, even if it's just a consolation goal. Hopefully Ayala should have Sharp in his back pocket.

0ee9898c_o.png

What Ayala is going to do to Billy Sharp

Kei Kamara

After Curtis' terrible showing against Wigan, I think it's fair to say that Kamara will be starting this one, unless we sign a new striker which is likely but they may not be match fit or ready to play vs Doncaster so I think it's extremely likely Kei will be getting the start. He's due a goal as he had decent form before he got injured and he hasn't scored in a couple so I expect the funny guy to get a goal or possibly two, can cause real problems to any defense, especially one as bad as Donny's. Hopefully plenty of goals will be rolled past Ross Turnbull.

c125953a_o.png

What we'd all love to see Kei do to Ross Turnbull.

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha love the photos in the thread, great effort.

As for the team, time to freshen things up?

given

Varga Ayala Gibson friend

leadbitter chalobah

adomah Butterfield carayol

emnes

anyone finding it increasingly hard to spell the makes in our team?!

Haha love the photos in the thread, great effort.

As for the team, time to freshen things up?

given

Varga Ayala Gibson friend

leadbitter chalobah

adomah Butterfield carayol

emnes

anyone finding it increasingly hard to spell the makes in our team?!

I'd like to see Kei and Omeruo start this one.

Top effort Weasel,

Hoping Adomah, Chalobah and Kamara get a start at the weekend.

Really looking forward to seeing the Chelsea boys in action, but it would certainly be harsh especially on the defence to drop anyone for them. Whitehead for Chalobah would be the easiest change to make, then we can always bring Dean on to steady the ship.

This game is not going to be a walk over for Boro and we should not assume that we can get a repeat of the earlier home result.

Doncaster high on confidence following 2 good results ours well we know already.

Will be a good game to get 3 points from but I would not be surprised at all if this ended in a draw.

One good thing though our away support will be very vocul and noisy

I would accept nothing less than 3 points from this game. if we're serious about mounting a challenge on the play offs, games like these should be put to bed. Those 4,000 away fans will make a difference too.