oneBoro Forum

I love Aitor KARANKA me, like.

This man will get us promoted. I have no doubts about it.

QPR kept 20 clean sheets in their promotion season. Karanka might keep 20 in a little over half a season since being appointed.

He will get rid of those who don't want to put in it, and who are complaining because they had it so easy under Mowbray and he'll end up with a squad of winners, who want success, and who will learn and improve from Karanka.

This is going to be Gibsons best decision in the last decade. The man is head and shoulders above any other candidate we could have chosen.

I'd take 46 'boring' 1-0 wins next season. But for those that are still bitter over Mowbrays exit, and who're constantly criticising the football under Karanka, let's not let a couple of extra goals cloud exactly how dreadful the football was for 12 months prior to his departure.

We were awful. Yes, we scored a few goals but we were absolutely awful to watch. I'd rather watch this every single day. Simply because it's nice to approach a game when you have a chance of winning.

UtB UtAK

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

The squad we go into next season is going to be the key thing. Keeping clean sheets is great but unless you're turning those games into wins instead of 0-0 draws then it doesn't help you that much. We've won 9 from 26 under Karanka, which won't be enough of course but having had a chance to assess everyone, get his ideas across and then add to the squad in the summer you'd have to be hopeful of more.

If there are still people around that are bitter about Mowbray leaving then they need to give their heads a shake. We were going nowhere at all under him, well possibly down if anything.

The summer is going to be so important.

Karanka is trying to implement a winning mentality, a never say die attitude. That's the only way we'll get out of this division. For too long now we've had players putting in below average performances and collecting their wages which they've hardly deserved. It's about time they got a kick up their backsides and earned the right to be paid.

Karanka has brought us clean sheets no doubts, but I think the goals have coincided with Hignett's arrival, surely that is no coincidence. A good managerial mix for sure.

WE'RE MIDDLESBROUGH

WE'RE MIDDLESBROUGH

WE'RE MIDDLESBROUGH

EVERYWHERE WE GO

EVERYONE WILL KNOW

WE'RE MIDDLESBROUGH

Cannot wait for next season!! (Although I'm sure I had the same optimism this time last season aha)

Cannot wait for next season!! (Although I'm sure I had the same optimism this time last season aha)

If you had the same amount of optimism this time last season then you're a better man than me mate. I had absolutely none as our season went down the drain :(

well said pp, agree 100% just as long as gibbo is willing to spend in the summer, a striker and a RB and were a very good team + keep the chelsea lads

There's always a bit of hope and optimism coming into a new season isn't there, but I genuinely thought we'd never win again under Mowbray towards the end of his tenure haha.

I'd go into games hoping for a point, where now I think we can beat anyone in this league on our day.

I'm happy with Karanka's progress so far. Yes we are finally hard to beat and with Higgy's appointment we are finally starting to score. Bit of shrewd business in the summer and we'll be there or there abouts.

The thing I like most is the 'No-one is big enough to get dropped' mantra he has installed. Wether that is because of attitude, not performing in the training ground or just half ***d approach to what being a Middlesbrough FC player entails. Surely a more disciplined squad is a must after the fiasco of Mowbrays final weeks/months (some brought on by tony himself) but I really do have optimism for next season and top 6 is the minimum I expect from Aitor :)

Completely agree. Been happy with this appointment since day one and ever since. Even when on a barren run we were doing some key fundamental things right. But getting promoted will be tough. I'm certainly not banking on a top 2 finish, and the play offs are a bit of a lottery, but I'm quietly confident that we'll be in or around the top 6 mix next season.

As for spending, there's no x amount minimum quota required. We have to work within our means, but if there is any leeway it would be nice to see some ambition. If AK has a foreign target or two in mind then they could make all the difference.

Karanka has brought us clean sheets no doubts, but I think the goals have coincided with Hignett's arrival, surely that is no coincidence. A good managerial mix for sure.

I'm to lazy to do the research but I wonder how true that is. Definitely sounds about right.

I think if AK brings in some decent Spanish speaking cheapo-buys over the summer - then it will get me buzzing.

A good mix of lower-league young-uns, our own academy players and some exotic Spanish exports -- deffo can see us getting top 6 next season!

This squad only needs tweaking. Another right back And 2 forwards to bring out the best in carayol and adomah with the clean sheets we keep we only need a few more goals to get promotion

WE'RE MIDDLESBROUGH

WE'RE MIDDLESBROUGH

WE'RE MIDDLESBROUGH

EVERYWHERE WE GO

EVERYONE WILL KNOW

WE'RE MIDDLESBROUGH

sorry BDS, but does anyone else hate this song?

it's Middlesbrough, not Middlesbroe

Cringe everytime I hear it!