oneBoro Forum

What transfer fee would it take for you to let each player leave?

All things being equal, i.e. 2 years left on a contract, same wage etc. how much would it take for you to let each player leave given our situation at this moment in time?

I've posted up some of the more contentious players. I've left meijas and kike out as we've seen neither play.

I'll get us started...

Steele £4M ... I rate Steele plain and simple. I think he's going to grow in to one hell of a keeper. I think £4M may be under valuing him in that respect. But hey ho it's my opinion.

Dimi Free ...I don't think he'd be hard to replace. Steele and Meijas (supposedly) are worthy No.1's.

Rhys Williams £1M ...Really strange one this one because there's a very good player in there. Unfortunately i think his injury record does much to dictate his worth.

Ayala £2M ...Vastly under rated central defender. I really like Ayala and i think he's going to be the loser in the Omeruo loan deal.

Gibson £10M ...NOT FOR SALE. I think he's going to become a very very good centre half indeed. It would take an outrageous offer for me to let him leave.

Friend £3M ...Turned his fortunes around after an awful start to last season. Seems like Karanka know's how to get the best out of him. I'd like to see him be consistent over a whole season.

Leadbitter £4M ...Mr dependable. The oil in our machine etc etc. Very hard to replace.

Butterfield £1M ...There's a good player in there but i'm not sure whether we're ever going to see it. I'd like our money back at least.

Carayol £5M ...A game changer. Not many of these players about for cheap.

Adomah £8M ...10 goals from midfield and plenty of assists. An important player to our team. Would be very difficult to replace.

Ledesma £1M ...I don't think he'd be a great loss. Didn't contribute a huge amount last season.

Reach £5M ...I think there's a very good player in there. Technically i know there is...much depends on his application, but if he can pull it all together he can be brilliant. I wouldn't like to see him let go cheap whilsyt he's still developing.

Tomlin £5M ...I think it would take around £5M to replace him. Same price as Vossen???

Kamara ***ing do one. FREE!

Main £500k ...a workhorse

I agree with most of your valuations although George for 3million??? Come off it you couldnt get a lock of his perfect godlike gorgeous hair for that :). Seriously though Steele I too would be after more also the fact being English could increase his value. Leadbitter was apparently had a 3million bid last season. I would say he had a better season this year so would be looking for a silly offer of about 4-5. I think Carayol due to his inconsistency would be around 2-3million although would want more.

Gibson for me ticks a lot of boxes already for me I think bar injury he will be our next full international so would be after 10+ as like you say he is not for sale I would also ask for add ons ie first international cap.

Steele - £2m

Dimi - I wouldn't. He's a solid option on the bench and is at that age where he probably doesn't mind too much.

Rhys Williams - £1-1.5m

Ayala - £2M

Gibson - Not for sale

Friend - Not for sale

Leadbitter - £2m

Butterfield - £1M

Carayol - £3m

Adomah - £4-5m

Ledesma - £1M

Reach - £3m

Tomlin - Not for sale

Kamara - Free

Main - Free

You're probably right about George, the first half of last season tainted my opinion of him quite badly but he was excellent from February onwards. If he keeps up that level of performance we couldn't replace him for £3M. Based on the 2nd half of last season i'd want £5M for him.

You think we could replace Adomah and Carayol for £3M and £5M respectively?

Steele - £1.5m

Rhys Williams - £1.5m

Ayala - £2M

Gibson - Not for sale

Friend - £2.5

Leadbitter - Wouldn't sell him an absolute rock for us.

Butterfield - £1M

Carayol - £3m

Adomah - £4m

Ledesma - £1M

Reach - £1.5

Tomlin - Not for sale

Kamara - £700k

Main - £250k

You think we could replace Adomah and Carayol for £3M and £5M respectively?

Yes. Considering both of them combined cost less than £1.5m, I'm pretty sure that we can find replacements for £8m.

Stupid comparison.

1. £8m is a lot more money than £1.5m.

2. Cahill is far superior than Adomah and Carayol combined.

3. We have better contacts than Millwall did and we are a more attractive team to play for than Millwall with much better facilities.

STEELE...im not his greatest fan tbh but i do acknowledge his potential and marry that with the bit of notice he will have got thru his call ups id like us to hold out for 5 mill

RHYS... when fit and if he regains his best form hes a good asset but not sure hes totally committed to this club nevertheless a versatile player so id raise prevuious qoutes to 3 mill

GEORGE ... think he is one we should keep but 2.5 may be worth considering taking our profit margin into account

AYALA... i like him hes no nonsense style and if he can cope as humpty said with being the odd one out i hope we keep him ....my value 2.5

GIBBO... MUST keep him as long as we can his value will probably rocket as he gets more noticed on international levels ...a good tip for future full cap no sale unless massive offer 10 amd over

LEDDERS... again i agree with humptys assessment ...vital cog 4 mill

WHITEHEAD ... no big loss t me ... 750.000

REACH... cant agree with the humpster on this one id sell for deffo if we got around 1 mill offer

LEDESMA ... hes a mixed bag and very inconsistant from minute to minute ...id snap someones hand offf for anywhere near 2 mill

TOMLIN... potentially our best player would hate to see him go but if forced to name a price ... 7 mill

CARAYOL... potential for a good goal return and pivotal for fast counterattacking so id like to keep him ...but if pressed 3.5

ADOMAH... should be a player who is the first on the teamsheet but i think he struggles with our system slightly if we got an offer over 4 mill id consider it

BUTTERS... im a bit upset he hasnt lived up to my high expectations but like albert we seem to have a system that leaves him a bit at a loss having said that i hope we persevere at least another season with him will be sad to see him go but i think he maybe will id hope for 2.5 upwards but i fear lesss

MAIN... we signed him from Darlo and im ralising why after last season ...300.000

KAMARA...get rid and pray we somehow recoup the fee

Think you have valued quite a few players higher than I would;

Steele £2 million, huge potential but he hasnt really shown a great deal that he will be a good keeper one day, far too many mistakes still in his game

Dimi Free yeah wouldnt get much for him at his age

Rhys Williams ??? Completley unknown, I would value him fairly low but alot of people seem to like him

Ayala £2M ... Agree with this, cant believe how cheap we got him

Gibson Not for sale, Future captain!

Friend £1.5m Year left on his contract and he has been very hit and miss with his time at the club

Leadbitter £2M Same as friend

Butterfield Looks like were going to loose him as part of a swap anyway

Carayol £1M Contract up this season, long term injury. Can be a game changer but can also do nothing at all for alot of the games

Adomah £4M Good player, probably our best last season but not worth anywhere near 8 million, same as carayol he goes missing far too often, End product just isnt there for him to ever play in the prem

Ledesma £1M

Reach Not for sale, think he has huge potential here.

Tomlin £2M We bought him for 1.5 so we wouldnt get that much more if we were to sell

Kamara Anything we can get!

Main Same as kamara

I agree with probably most if the prices with the exception of £1m for ledesma, frankly if someone came in with half that up front then I'd take it. He's a squad player at best and if you can get 500k for a squad player when you're in the championship you'd be bonkers not I take it

Steele- £2m- Home-grown player, pretty near any money we get for him will be a profit. Don't feel comfortable with him in goal, always prone to a blunder a game. Probably follow suit of Turnball and Jones and play for a top premier league club but oh well!

Dimi-Keep until' retirement/release after promotion- Bags of experience and more relaxed with him between the sticks. Must Keep!

Nackered Rolls-Rhys- £1.5/2m- Classy player, one of very few we have in the squad. His versatility means his appeal would be increased but when on form, one of the best defenders in the Championship. However, his injuries have hampered his progress and could quite possibly be another "Could have been". Currently out til' Christmas, already quite nicely stocked in defence and with the impending arrivals of a RB his services for me are no longer required.

Ayala-£3m- his transfer fee wasn't too much, anything above £1m would be a healthy profit but his potential is/was there for all to see and could be a massive season ahead for him. Don't see any harm in slapping a £3m price tag on him as he could be a Premier League feature in a couple of years.

Gibson- £6m - Arguably the latest star and big part player to come off our production line, already a quality centre back in this division with room to develop further. Wouldn't surprise me if Premier League teams start circling in January or next Summer but hopefully we'll be there ourselves by then! Add the fact that he's Home-Grown and English will only increase his value further, £6m sounds about right.

Friend- £2.5m - One of the outstanding players of the past two seasons, yes, top quality full back in this division, yes, irreplaceable? no. Possibly a little harsh on the price of him but they're a plenty of quality LB's out there which shouldn't cost much to bring in.

Leadbitter- £2m- The Skoda Octavia of the Championship, reliable, never breaks down and can run and run- Although the quality is questionable! £3m seems fair for a work horse in this division and is replaceable.

Butterfield- £3m- Quality Championship midfielder, not quite hit the heights he achieved in a Barnsley shirt but he'd be much harder to replace because any midfielder of better quality would cost a bit of money. £3m should be enough for a decent replacement.

Carayol- £4m - Very unpredictable in his form, on his day he IS the best left sided winger in the championship and his sheer pace is frightening. As Humpty said, a game changer and in this division could mean the difference between Play-Offs and an average season. Don't think it's possible to replace him like for like but I think Karanka would go for another CAM anyways and you could get a quality one at £4m

Adomah- £5m - Similar ilk of Carayol but knows where the goal is and can occasionally cross a decent ball, a combination that has seen potential interest from the Premier League and £5m would be a cracking profit and enough in the pot to find a quality replacement and enough to strengthen other areas.

Ledesma- £2m- Free in the first place, any fee received is a profit. Again, a game changer when on form and brings some much needed South American flair on occasion. However when things don't work out for him, he seems like a liability. £2m seems fair but I think Karanka is slowly turning him into a very potent Championship player so I see his value

doubling in time.

Tomlin- £5m- Reluctant sale if pushed. His goals and creative spark are crucial and can be a constant threat as we found out towards the back end of last season.

Kamara-Free- Petulant Child, obviously crying for a way out to go back to the states. Never going to embrace the club and the area he lives in. No need for passengers in the squad, get rid.

Steele- 3m would of said less but surely he's got to be worth the same as jones

Dimi- anything, mejias to be number 1 and getting on abit anyway

Friend- 4m huge profit on what we paid

Gibson-3m based on what WBA paid for Dawson then 3m is a lot

Ayala- 1.5m only cost us 350k and although he's played well he hadn't done enough to justify a massive price increase

R.williams- 2m the guy when on form is a class act. Don't think his heads in Middlesbrough anymore though

Carayol- 3m great player on his day. Could be replaced with someone more consistent for 3m

Leadbitter- 4.5m+ consistent performer and harder to replace than what some people think

Butterfield- 1.5m we got him for a bargain price. Good player but don't think Karanka fancies him

Adomah- 5m I wouldn't sell him really but I think for 5m he would be available. 5x what we paid

Tomlin- 5m he's a fantastic player and someone at the club who could probably do a better job in the no10 role than vossen. Just my opinion though so don't shoot me down

Reach- 500k my gut feeling is he won't make it. Forest paid 1m for Jamie Paterson who is far superior IMO

Ledesma- 1m good option from the bench and can do a job when needed. The 1m would get us Danny graham though so.....

L Williams/Smallwood-500k players we don't really need. Williams is the next marinelli

Kamara- nominal fee

Main- see above

Mines more what I think they're worth than what id sell them for....

Dimi - Not for sale, solid option and performed admirably at the end of last season. Wouldn't be worth selling a competent keeper for the small sum we'd get for him.

Steele - 1.5-2m. Somewhat out of favour, but does have potential. Keepers are generally a lot cheaper than any other position.

Gibson - Not for sale. Outstanding last season, would take silly money to sell up, especially seeing as his uncle owns the club.

Ayala - 1.5m. We got a cracking deal for the lad and I only think his value will increase. His injury record will have an impact on his value though.

Woody - Not for sale. Coming towards the end of his career and a quality centre half. We wouldn't get much for him because of his age and injury record, I wouldn't sell him unless a daft offer came in.

Rhys - 1m. Class act 2 seasons ago but has been badly out of form for a long while (apart from a spell of 4 or 5 games around christmas) and has been blighted by injuries. If he kept his head in the right place and managed to stay fit for a full season he could be a quality player, but I'm not sure he'll ever recapture his initial promise.

Friend - 2m. George would be worth so much more than this as he's our only left back and a damned good one at that, but he's coming to the end of his contract. Went through an awful first part of the season, but was magnificent when Karanka took over.

Leadbitter - 2.5m. I really like Grant, I thought he was excellent in the season just gone, however like George he's reaching the end of his contract.

Smallwood - 450k. Decent championship player, quite consistent but somewhat technically limited.

Butterfield - 900k. Young, promising player who's shown his ability in flashes (especially at the beginning and end of the season just gone). Not done as much as I thought he would when we signed him and missed an entire season with a horrific injury.

Reach - 600k. Inconsistent but showing promise, no more than what you'd expect for a player of his age. Seems technically gifted and could be one for the future, but I'm really not sure.

Carayol - 1.25m. Can be brilliant in some matches and invisible in others. I rate the lad, but he's coming to the end of his contract and is out with a long term injury, one that can have a permanent effect on his pace and has a fairly high chance of reoccurring.

Adomah - 4.5m. Our top scorer with a damned decent number of assists too. Faded a bit towards the end of last season and I'm not sure he fits our system 100%. Far more consistent than Carayol and I'd rather not sell the lad.

Ledesma - 1m. Never know what you're going to get from the lad. Can be the best performer on the pitch on his day. Very good player to have for sticking in the team when we have injuries as he can play several different positions. His inconsistency affects his price though.

Tomlin - 3m. We got him cheap off Peterborough as he wanted out. In the last 10 games he really showed what he was about and was excellent. Really would rather not sell him.

Kamara - 300k. Has been petulant, clearly wants out, wouldn't stand in his way as long as we got a bit of cash.

Main - 200k. Offers energy off the bench and that's about it.

L Williams - 600k. Exactly the same comments as Reach.

Steele; £3m or £2m plus add-ones and sell-on clauses.

Dimi; no point. Keep him.

Rhys Williams; £1m + add-ons for appearances.

Ayala; £1.5m

Gibson; £8m

Friend; £4m

Leadbitter; £4m

Butterfield; £1m

Smallwood; £1m + clauses and sell ons.

Carayol; £5m

Adomah; £6m

Ledesma; £800k

Reach; £1m + add-ons and sell-on percentage.

Tomlin; £4m

Kamara; £400k

Main; £200k

L. Williams; £1.5m plus clauses and sell-on.