oneBoro Forum

Chelsea B or not to be

We've been linked with Chelsea reserves and youth players ever since AK became manager, we had two on loan last year and we might have more this year.

As long as they're better than what we already have and don't interfere with the progression of our own players then I'm not bothered about getting loans. For instance I don't think anyone can argue that Kenneth isn't better than what we already have.

Do people think it is better to get 4 players from one club, like Chelsea, who all come with a certain identity, or would they prefer that, if we have to have 4 loan players, they all come from different clubs depending on where we need to strengthen?

I'm not really too fussed about where they come from as long as they are better than what we have and approved by Karanka. It makes perfect sense to bring in players from Chelsea since the training regimes and playing styles of both teams are similar do it will be easier for them to settle in.

If the players fit in and we want them then it's a brilliant set-up for us.

I think this is the way the leagues will go, instead of a B league, and getting in with a team like Chelsea early will give us a head-start.

Getting 4 players in from one club will benefit us if we're both playing similar styles.

Their way of getting around FFP is to buy players young, loan them out then sell them on for a massive profit.

They have a plethora of young talented players who need game time to aid their development.

We have a manager who personally knows their manager and this makes it easier for us to get the better loanees.

Mutually beneficial and I see no problem with it.

We have to be creative in how we approach recruitment due to FFP. What we have to remember is that the days of fleshing out our squad with players on £10k a week are over. We can't compete financially with Derby, Forest or Wolves even, let alone the relegated premier league sides.

We have a special circumstance where we have very close links with Chelsea. One if the richest clubs in the world that have spent millions and millions on hedging their bets by recruiting the best young talent in the world. These players aren't going to get 1st team experience whilst Chelsea are spending hundreds of millions on their 1st team. The next best option is to send them to a club they trust can provide an environment, where they can continue their development through 1st team football and a similar set up.

We're very lucky to have this opportunity, as it's an opportunity to beat the FFP system. We're never going to be 'Chelsea B' because we can only loan 4 players and we won't be able to accommodate 4 players in our side because we already have an accomplished 1st 11.

Chelsea have some of the finest youth products in Europe and many are ready for first team football, some could easily go to lower-mid end Premier League squad and, as some already have done, the Bundesliga.

I have no issue with them coming here because, quite frankly, some of them are better than our more experienced players.

You pick the best 11 players you can. Doesnt matter where they come from , id prefer it if all 11 were boro boys but if we can find better we can find better .

On the plus side for loan players. It means you dont waste money on guys to get you out of the championship who are not going to be good enough after promotion

We will only sign players we want from them and don't have to take anyone that we don't want so I don't see how there can be any real problems.

Chelsea play the same system a us, we have managers that want the same things from players so, in theory at least, they should have talented youngsters that are very well suited to playing for us. We would be silly not to use the positives of this.

The more success stories we have of giving their youngsters an opportunity to flourish here, like Omeruo's performances last season, then the higher the chance we will have of being trusted with even more promising youngsters from them.

I think Chelsea may be going back to JM's favoured 433 this season, so the system will be different.

Regardless of actual formations the Ethos of hard work and discipline at both ends of the pitch regardless of position is the same.