oneBoro Forum

Fantastic Business

I have to say, I'm really excited about the business we have done so far over the summer. We've brought in Meijas, Nsue, Husband, Kike, Kenny is back on loan and it looks like we're bringing in Matt Lowton too.

I still think there are a couple more signings in the pipeline too (a couple of strikers would definitely help) but given that we were starting to see a bit of quality out of Tomlin towards the end of the season too and I think we can really push on this season.

We mastered the art of keeping tight at the back - in this league, if you can keep 18-20 clean sheets in a season you're really giving yourself a chance - and if we can just readjust the balance slightly and get a few more at the other end I think we've got to be serious contenders for the top six, perhaps even push the top two.

I'm feeling so positive about the new season, first time in a long time and can't wait for the season to kick off!

UTB

Me too but, then the last time I felt this good before a season another Wee Gord had just bought what we thought were stars for the Championship!!

Think Karanka knows his stuff more than Krankie though so its onwards and upwards for me

I'm happy, but i refuse to allow myself to be too over confident at this moment in time. We all seem to believe we have done some good business and reports/rumors suggest some more signings are to follow, which is all good news. However, this league is so bloody competitive and seems to get harder each season, so i still have a certain amount of caution and refuse to get too carried away. I like how Karanka does his business, how the squad is coming together and how he sets up his teams so there are reason to be positive and hopeful at the same time.

The signs are that we've signed some good players with more to follow and some unessential departures for very good prices so I feel positive about our chances next season. BUT just as the last time we had a drastic overhaul with loads of Scottish high profile players coming in for big fees/wages we were very positive before we realised that the players we bought we're average at best so we were massively disappointed once the fans realised what Strachan had bought.

Just like with Osorio, Kike and Nsue we haven't seen enough of to know how good they are yet but hopefully they live up to the faith Karanka has shown by signing them.