oneBoro Forum

Boro Vs Leeds Utd (A) 0-1

Good morning all, and welcone to the Cornish match day thread for the one we are all looking forward to...

Leeds Utd Vs Boro - live on SkySports at Elland Road.

I cant wait for this game. Not least because my boss is a Leeds fan and I am looking forward to Monday morning walking in with a smug look on my face!

Theres no doubting Leeds are not the great force they once were, and possibly should be with the players they have signed in pre-season, but for me the issue lies in their management. For me, Hockaday just isnt up to standard for this level and Leeds will struggle until he is replaced. Whether that will happen or not under their new ownership I am not sure.

So to the game... who is making the trip to Elland Road? I will attempt to watch the game on SkyGo but with the signal down here (still on holiday) probably wont allow it. (And they are trying to sell us 4G down here?!)

With regards to the team. I would like to see Abella on the right. Seems we finally have a genuine replica of Friend on our right hand side. Which will only help with our "rapido" philosophy.

Will Clayton start against his former team with a point to prove?

Going for a 3-1 win. With Kike to continue his excellent start with a brace and Adam Reach.

Look forward to your views.

Dreckly...

Cornish

:heart:

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going, treating my wife to her first away day, trying to convert her from a St Johnstone/Liverpool supporter!!

I'm going for a 0-2 win for Boro!! As you say, Leeds are not the team they once were and are in Turmoil!! Hopefully we may win by even more!! Confidence is high and I can't wait, not looked forward to a game as much as this for a long time!!

Leeds really don't look in good shape at the moment. I reckon another clean sheet and 2 or 3 from us.

Mejias

Damia - Omeru - Ayala - Friend

Leadbitter - Clayton

Adomah - Tomlin - Reach

Kike

Subs: Dimi, Woody, Husband, Smallwood, Whitehead, Nsue, Fewster

---------------- Mejias ----------------

- Damia - Omeruo - Ayala - Friend -

--------- Leadbitter - Clayton ---------

---- Nsue ----- Tomlin ----- Reach ----

----------------- Kike ------------------

+ Dimi, Hines/Woodgate, Husband, Whitehead, Adomah, Williams, Bamford.

3-0 [Tomlin 23', Kike 59', Bamford 81'].

- Damia - Omeruo - Ayala - Friend -

-------- Leadbitter - Whitehead ---------

--- Adomah ---- Tomlin ----- Reach ----

Subs: Dimi, Woodgate, Husband, Clayton, Nsue, Williams, Bamford.

3-0 Tomlin Kike & Reach

Can't watch this as am away on a training weekend :( would someone be a dear and text me the result?

Not going this one, refuse to give them £39 of my money. Watching it locally with some Leeds fans friends (not for 90 mins) then on the train to York for a bevvy.

Leeds aren't the side they were but never right them off, especially at home. Saying that i fancy a 2-0 win

- Damia - Omeruo - Ayala - Friend ------

-------- Leadbitter - Whitehead ---------

--- Adomah ---- Tomlin ----- Reach ----

Clayton to come and score the 2nd after Kike gets the opener. UTB

I fear people are getting a little bit carried away here. We've played twice against poor teams and that's it. As much of a shambles as Leeds seem to be at the moment, I think they'll be a tougher test than people are suggesting here. I'd be happy enough with a point right now, if we can sneak a win then great and another clean sheet would be fantastic but I see this as being a tighter game than the previous two. In a way it could be a good pointer to where we're at in the sense that if you're serious about promotion then this is the sort of game you'd want to go and do a job in. If we do that or even better we beat them with ease then that will be a nice marker down in my opinion.

It'll be interesting to see who plays. I think we'll see the same team as we saw against Brum with Omeruo in for Gibson. I wouldn't expect Clayton to start especially as Leadbitter and Whitehead have started well enough. I did wonder if Damia would start in place of Hines but I guess that would depend on how long he's been able to work with the squad and where he's at in terms of fitness.

It's funny really because the name Leeds conjures up memories of how they used to be and seemingly gives them an edge with regards to opposition fans and the reactions to how they feel the game will go.

However and in spite of CT's wise words I think differently at this time as I honestly think Leeds have more to fear in terms of a Boro performance than the other way round.

No longer am I scared of the opposition just because of their name and fans let them bloody well fear us for a change.

And I will say it as it is expected of me but............................................

THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT GAME OF THE SEASON...........................so far!!!

Time to be positive about Boro ladies and gentlemen, Clayton will have something to show us if he plays, Kike and Tomlin will create major problems for THEM and if we do go a goal up Leeds will have to be very careful coming onto us for an equaliser because our speed in counter attack will scare them.

And another thing I honestly feel that we have players now who will take more of the percentage of chances that come our way than previous seasons.

Onward Boro and turn the once mighty Leeds apart!

One final thing whilst I am thinking about it we already know that Leeds will allocate 2 defenders against Kike oh just think of the space that will be available to Tomlin, Clayton, Leadbitter etc and until proved otherwise I am going to be super optimistic about this game (and others as a matter of fact)