oneBoro Forum

Boro V Brentford 4-0

Boro V Brentford   

40 members have voted

1. 1. Boro V Brentford

(WLLWW) Middlesbrough V Brentford (LWWDW)

[align=center]Riverside Stadium

20/09/14

15:00[/align]

[align=center]

BxrrYV0IMAAGWUR.jpg

[/align]

Introduction

OLE OLE OLE OLE KIKE KIKEEEEE. Well 2 wins in a row, is this what it feels like to support Barcelona? On to my third matchday thread in a row too, sorry if your getting bored of me. Not really too much to discuss now that were good again :D

Match Preview

2 fantastic away wins in the space of 4 days have given us confidence and more importantly allowed us to climb the table coming into our first league game with Brentford in 27 years. Expecting a very different team and a very different performance from the last home game. Getting 3 points away at recently relegated Cardiff should give us the confidence we can beat any team in this league on our day. They didnt cause us too many problems but we defended well and took our chances when they came.

This will be a very different game though, Brentford will more than likely come for a point, it will be up to us to break them down and create enough chances to hopefully win the game. A win would almost certainly put us in the top six.

Last 5 Games

16/09 Cardiff 0-1 Boro

13/09 Huddersfield 1-2 Boro

30/08 Boro 0-1 Reading

23/08 Boro 2-3 Sheff Wed

19/08 Bolton 1-2 Boro

Brentford have had a good start to the season too with some really impressive results for a newly promoted team and sit just a few places behind Boro in the table. Not going to pretend I know that much about their squad but I imagine they are half decent :P

Last 5 Games

16/09 Brentford 0-3 Norwich

13/09 Brentford 3-2 Brighton

30/08 Rotherham 0-2 Brentford

23/08 Brentford 1-1 Birmingham

19/08 Blackpool 1-2 Brentford

View from the opposition

http://www.griffinpark.org/forums/forum.php

Who do you see as Boros danger man?

- Don't know any of them

- Leadbitter

- Kike x2

- Vossen

- Always rated Adomah and Bamford when I've seen them but probably Leadbitter.

- Bamford is bound to score against us after we tried to sign him.

No one seems to know much about our players, hopefully they will after saturday :D

Who is Brentfords danger man?

- They are all dangerous

- Would say we are a team rather than relying on star players but if pushed I would say Alan Judge.

- Moses Odubajo. Quite a few were talking about him. (Right sided midfielder)

- Andre Gray, Alex Pritchard, Moses Odubajo, Alan Judge, Jota, Dallas all contribute massively going forward

How do you see the game going?

- It'll be close either way but you're at home so 2-1 Boro

- Look to be two fairly evenly matched teams, so whatever the result, I expect us to be competitive.

- I'm fully expecting a 'big club' referee, just like Tuesday. Therefore you will win. Boro 3-2 Brentford

- If the ref does his job properly then I can see us winning. Middlesbrough 0-1 Brentford.

- Should be a good game. MFC 1 BFC 2

- I'll take a draw. 1-1

- You are in good form so expecting a tough game but we play some great football and have won our last two away games so wouldn't be surprised if we won. Sadly I think it will be a narrow Middlesbrough win

Looks like they will bring about 500 fans to the game, they are unhappy at paying £31 a ticket

Talking Points

With injuries and suspensions to deal with we will have to slightly change the team, thankfully we now seem to have 2 capable players in every position. Will we go with 2 up front at home or will we continue with the same system, would like to see us line up like this;

-------------Dimi-------------

Nsue--Gibson--Omerou--Friend

------Clayton--Leadbitter-----

Adomah---Tomlin----Reach

------------Kike--------------

Blackman, Woodgate, Fredericks, Whitehead, Wildschut, Vossen, Bamford

Wouldnt want us to change the system that has suited us well the last few games, Tomlin looked pretty good when he came on and linked up with Kike better than Vossen did. We have options on the bench to change to 4-4-2 if we need a goal.

- What system should we play?

- Should Vossen start?

- Has ayala broken some sort of record being banned for five bookings this early?

- Usual lineups and score predictions

Enjoy the game :)

*Looks like there will be another live stream for the game, cheers BB84 for the link

http://www.wiziwig.tv/broadcast.php?matchid=280526&part=sports

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've voted for my usual Boro win. Can see it being another clean sheet as I don't think they'll attack too much with our ability to counter. 2-0.

With that being said, if they do play for a point then they'll have done their homework and will know that by taking out our #10 (be it Tomlin or Vossen) it effectively isolates Kike out of the game too... Even Leeds managed to figure that out. Whether we change our system to a 4-4-2 now we have a wealth of attacking talent is anyone's guess.

Think we'll see Fredericks in the RB slot in place of Damia. The rest of the team pretty much picks itself apart from the front two. I'm interested to see who starts.

I'm going for:

-------------Dimi-------------

Fredericks--Gibson--Omerou--Friend

------Clayton--Leadbitter-----

Adomah--------Vossen--------Wildschutt

-------------Kike-------------

After throwing Vossen in last night I think it's Wildschut's turn to be the surprise package.

I think we'll go behind, then equalise immediately and win 3-1.

I fear we have been riding our luck too much lately, apparently only 2 shots on target from open play in the last 2 games is very worrying against leaky defences to boot.

I think we have had our penalty quota for the season already 4 in 6 games is truly extraordinary i cannot remember getting so many ever in so few games must be a boro record.

Sorry but i believe it will run out here and they will have our number

Hope i am wrong

Badger in Asia

I was going to say that team alfonso. Looks good to me. Although maybe would be a bit harsh to drop reach...

I see where you're coming from, but I think Wildschut has been brought in as a first team player, like Tomlin, Clayton, Vossen, Chalobah etc, and will eventually make the transition from bench to first XI. Reach is not doing a terrible job by any means, but the simple fact that this forum is undecided over whether he's played well or not the past few games seems to suggest the consistency isn't really there. Don't get me wrong, I expect to see Reach start at least 10 more games this season, but I think that Wildschut will come in as the #1 left winger sooner rather than later

I fear we have been riding our luck too much lately, apparently only 2 shots on target from open play in the last 2 games is very worrying against leaky defences to boot.

I think we have had our penalty quota for the season already 4 in 6 games is truly extraordinary i cannot remember getting so many ever in so few games must be a boro record.

Sorry but i believe it will run out here and they will have our number

Hope i am wrong

Badger in Asia

could you pleaseeeeeeee be positive every once in a while :P

We won the last 2 games and were the better team in both, that matters much more than stats

I was going to say that team alfonso. Looks good to me. Although maybe would be a bit harsh to drop reach...

I see where you're coming from, but I think Wildschut has been brought in as a first team player, like Tomlin, Clayton, Vossen, Chalobah etc, and will eventually make the transition from bench to first XI. Reach is not doing a terrible job by any means, but the simple fact that this forum is undecided over whether he's played well or not the past few games seems to suggest the consistency isn't really there. Don't get me wrong, I expect to see Reach start at least 10 more games this season, but I think that Wildschut will come in as the #1 left winger sooner rather than later

Aye, cant say I'd be disappointed with either. I do hope wildschut will turn into in automatic first choice tbh. Him and adomah first choice wingers with carayol, nsue and ledesma as back up

I have a feeling we may try to switch it up abit. I know that 4231 has served us very well in the past 2 games, but I think it suited an away performance. I am not suggesting that it is necessarily an away tactic, but I think he might try to go out and attack them since we have been poor at home recently. It might even just be that he tweaks the 4231 so that we get more runs beyond Kike.

I expect Friedricks to slot in at RB and for Reach to be replaced for this game. Reach did well on Tuesday, did well defensively and worked hard, but I think he will play someone with more end product for this one and go for the jugular. Perhaps Wildschut with Tomlin centre or Tomlin left with Vossen in the middle.

Vossen... I dont know if he should start. This is probably the right kind of game for him as I expect us to have alot of possession and to be on the front foot. But he does look a little off the pace fitness wise. In AK ill trust! :)

----------------Dimi--------------

Friedricks--Omeruo--Gibbo--George

---------Clayton---Leadbitter-----

-Adomah-------Vossen-------Tomlin-

---------------Kike---------------

Tomlin and Vossen playing close to Kike with Adomah providing width.

Boro to finally give someone a good hiding. 3-0 Adomah, Kike, Tomlin.

Reach was summed up by when he was running at Cardiff's defence looking dangerous only to try, and fail, at some fancy footwork to beat their defender. I've said loads of times that he needs to add more sharp footwork/skills to his game, plus not to be so predictable to keep on his left foot, as at the moment he really lacks them both from his game.

I don't think it's harsh to drop Reach at all, he offered nothing on Tuesday night, time to give another option a chance

Reach did an excellent job defensively. For a wide midfield player away from home that's imperative. He kept the ball and ran at players. To say offered nothing is sensationalist and wrong.

I'd start Reach and bring Wildschut off the bench as an impact sub to start. Having him and Vossen starting in the team would weaken us at present.