oneBoro Forum

Abella out for up to 6 months

Boro have just confirmed that Damia Abella has done his Anteria Cruciate Ligaments and could be out for 6 months!!

Are people happy for Fredericks to be our number one with Nsue as cover or do you think we should enter the loan market for a new RB?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

@PTallentireGaz: Abella out for up to 6 months Karanka confirms. #boro story to follow.

Massive massive blow he was settling in so well. I think we may go into the loan market for another right back now.

#PrayForAbella :(

Gutted for guy.

Not sure we will go in for another rb. Fredricks, nsue and Bennett haven't got much experience with us but what's the point of bringing in another player when we have three.

Just a thought, luke young on a short term deal anyone?!?!

Shame. Started slowly but just got going last two games. Fredericks is supposed to be pretty pacy. Let's hope he can defend.

The word from millwall fans is he was quick, decent at attacking but a bit dodgy defending. Sure I read somewhere that he's a winger converted to fullback.

Personally I think we should be looking at getting someone else in if there's anyone available. Fredricks is just a kid and there's an awful lot of games in the next 6 months. Obviously if there's no one available that is better than the kids we have, I wouldn't bother but if there is we should definitely be in for them. Lowton?

Only Fredricks is a natural full back with any experience though. You don't seriously want to go back to square pegs again? Because thats what it'll be in case of any suspensions/injuries/loss of form. You don't get promoted playing players out of position.

Karanka also said he wanted competition in all positions, we now don't have any at right back for 6 months.

We can't just replace players if they get injured with loans and transfers. The whole point of getting competition was surely partly so we didn't have to do that?

Say when Husband is fit, Friend gets injured. Do we then have to go and get a LB? What happens if someone else gets injured, do we go and replace them too?

We already have 5 loanees on the books as well which means any replacement would likely be a transfer. Can we really afford to bring anyone else in?

We have 6 players who can cover the role, 3/4 have more than enough experience there to warrant not bringing anyone else in.