oneBoro Forum

Adam Reach - 9 Clubs Interested

http://footballleagueworld.co.uk/hull-city-interested-in-middlesbrough-defender-adam-reach/

£2m the supposed fee; though with 9 clubs interested, it could turn into a bidding war where we could potentially get a fair bit in add-ons if Reach did leave.

Hull, Manchester City, Liverpool, Burnley, West Ham, Stoke, Leicester City, West Brom and Queens Park Rangers... Not a bad list for the lad!

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

http://footballleagueworld.co.uk/hull-city-interested-in-middlesbrough-defender-adam-reach/

£2m the supposed fee; though with 9 clubs interested, it could turn into a bidding war where we could potentially get a fair bit in add-ons if Reach did leave.

Hull, Manchester City, Liverpool, Burnley, West Ham, Stoke, Leicester City, West Brom and Queens Park Rangers... Not a bad list for the lad!

Why would we sell him now? He's improving with each game now that he's had a fair run out.

Well there's a lot of game time between now and January, so his stock will undoubtedly rise. But, as we were saying in the summer, every player has their price - and chances are that, if he went to a club like City or Liverpool, we'd get him back on loan for the remainder of the season - which could be some good business.

Plus - once Carayol returns, we have both Carayol and Wildschut fighting for that left wing spot, which is good competition in itself.

Don't get me wrong - i'm not saying I want to sell, but with nine clubs interested, it could turn out to be a very eye-catching deal on offer...

Lets not get carried away, Reach has yet to fully establish himself in the 1st team, he isn't ready for the Premiership yet by a long chalk.

Let's just enjoy watching the lad develop and grow and become an important player for us.

He has lots of potential, lets support him, one day he may leave but not yet.he isn't ready.

UTB!

Man City and Liverpool will not be interested in Reach unless it's to fill quota's for home grown players within their squads. In all fairness i would be surprised if any premier league club would be seriously interested in him at this stage of his career. He is improving but far from a premier league player at the minute and he will never be the player Downing was. I believe he has the ability to become a premier league player within a few years if he keeps progressing. Hopefully with us!!!

This has all snowballed from Huddersfield's newspaper saying that scouts from Premier League and Championship clubs were at our game against them last Saturday. Then them flimsy articles linked Stoke, WBA, Hull etc with him, and now this article snowballing it more. It's clear what has happened.

We had the same discussion 13 months ago regarding Steele, and we are now likely to lose him on a free. I'm not saying that Reach will take the same path, but sometimes we need to sell academy products to keep the club running. It would be great if Reach could make the spot his own and get promoted with Boro and have a good season in the Prem, which will certainly increase his value.

However, if senior figures at the club decide that it's feasable to sell in january then I'm right behind them - unless of course he turns into a match winning attacking machine over the next 3-4 months. He certainly has the opportunities.

He's gotta be worth a lot more than Juke?

You're not comparing apples with apples. Fees for strikers are generally inflated because theyre in limited supply.

I think its a nothing story on all honesty. Scouts may well have been at the game, but there's a lot that needs to happen between a scouying trip and a name on a contract, particularly at this stage of the season.