oneBoro Forum

The thing which has a negligible effect aka Manager of the Month award

Think it is a pretty nailed on cert that AK could very well get his first Manager of the Month award for Boro's September performances, indeed I do not think any other team has picked up as many points as Boro this last month.

Maybe (fingers crossed) that Charltons undefeated run continuing might, just might sway whoever decides that their Manager might get it for September.

Whilst it is a great recognition for a Manager to get this award we all know what happens to Boro's previous performances once this award has been given to a Boro Manager.

Ok slightly tongue in cheek do we want AK to get this award or are we going to be able to break the dreaded curse that usually follows?

Brighton and Wolves away followed by a home game against Watford (and no it's not one of those threads trying to guess how many points we will accrue from them) are the big tests to come in October as they are all teams in and arounf where we are at the moment.

Does anyone think that he will not get it for September?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I bloody hate these awards, we have such a terrible track record after getting them.

On paper he deserves it because we've had a great month of results but I hope Charlton nick it. We do our best work in the background. :P

I would imagine it will go to Mick McCarthy as Ipswich have been in the best form in the division winning four and drawing one of their five games in September. I'd be surprised if Peeters or Jackett won it as Charlton only won twice and Wolves only won. Derby also have the same record as us with three wins and two draws from their five.

Ipswich arguably had easier fixtures though, we had Cardiff away, and although it shouldn't strictly count, the Liverpool game may swing the decision in AK's favour.

I think Big Mick will get this months award...... But then i'm gonna be bold and put AK forward for the next Two, back to back MOM awards. (Yes I do know how we usually fair over the festive period i'm just so friggin excited :))

Manager of the Month due to be announced tomorrow

The shortlist is

Aitor Karanka (Middlesbrough)

Mick McCarthy (Ipswich Town)

Steve McClaren (Derby County)

Bob Peeters (Charlton Athletic)

The judging panel is chaired by;

Former Football League manager Dave Bassett

Sky Sports Football League expert Don Goodman

Football League Chief Operating Officer Andy Williamson

League Managers’ Association Director Olaf Dixon

Sky Bet Football Trading Manager Paul Lowery