oneBoro Forum

oneBoro arranged home match get together

Ok so you guys know what I am like in trying to arrange a get together, especially away games, for oneBoro members which I have to say are usually better than arranging meets for home games.

However and after doing some research will throw this out to all forum members because instead of trying to identify members in a crowded pub we can if so wished meet up in a very controlled way.

Spoke to Scott at MFC and his suggestion was that those who would like to participate could meet up at The Legends Bar at The Riverside.

The big 3 Leeds, Forest, Brighton costs are £120 however any other game will be £99.00

For this there will be complimentary drinks, 3 course carvery meal, tickets, programme and seating in the designated Legends area.

Oh and hosted by Bernie Slaven whether you feel that is a good or bad thing.

I asked about season ticket holders and was advised that they would get £20.00 back from the club.

It's just an idea that's all and would ask what you guys think about it and if you would like to participate in this venture, obviously a decision would have to be made regarding what match we should go for if there is enough genuine interest.

If the Cardiff game at the end of january or the Charlton game at the start of February were going to be chosen then i would be keen on attending assuming i get my holidays sorted at work.

Think this is a brilliant idea. Oddly enough I got a text message off the club asking me if I wanted to upgrade my ST to a Legends Lounge one for 45 pounds lol.

Any game is good for me as I go to them all.

Doesn't seem like a bad deal to me. Free drinks, a three course meal and a great view all for 99 quid and some decent patter. Beats me though why they should increase the price for their so called big 3 fixtures.

The last match I went to in 1999 cost me well over 100 quid with everything added up.

Hopefully this particular thread might attract more interest as the season progresses but from yesterdays meet Boro 86 and 95 declared their interest and just heard from Neverbefore stating an interest too.

As I said will let this flow and see what happens could you imagine Prowler and Humpty getting together lol!!!

How I imagine it will go and giving everyone the best chance of arranging things that we go for a game in late February onwards and see what game suits most.

To be honest James I think the forum is beginning to develop a real community feeling and with the sponsorship of Leadbitter members are beginning to warm to a get together, ok I appreciate not everyone will be keen on this but with enough time and a promise of things to come Boro wise then as mentioned more and more will warm to this.

I think its a great idea! I really want to go to Bournemouth just I struggle to turn overtime down on weekends as is very lucrative. I have a son so its only a matter of time for me to give him what I never had!

If the Cardiff game at the end of january or the Charlton game at the start of February were going to be chosen then i would be keen on attending assuming i get my holidays sorted at work.

These ones