oneBoro Forum

Hello From Down Under

Hello Forum!!!

As a long-time Boro Fan who had never seen the boys strut their stuff, that all changed on Saturday just gone. I had been at work in England for a week and by chance had Friday in Brighton, half my luck my flight left at 22:30, which meant I could attend my first Boro Game.

After searching the net for a possible pre-game hookup, the pub mentioned on this forum was 1 min walk from my hotel and I took the punt and headed over.

From there I was fortunate enough to bump into E_T_O who was heading up to meet with a bunch of other forum members, to which I will be forever in debt to for one hell of an afternoon.

A great hour and a half of pints and banter with the crew gave way to kick off and watching the boys run out was half through misty eyes, this was a dream come true.

Which turned into absolute rapture after just 7 mins when Adam Reach fed back to Tomlin who scorched into the top right corner.

This was the stuff dreams are made of, I thought of all the great times I had watched Boro at stupid o'clock in the morning (most games start at 1am in OZ), but here I was and less than 100m away, my boys were knocking one in to send the faithful BONKERS!!!

For the next 40 mins, I stood as one on the terrace, singing my heart out as best I could - picking up the chants as we went, but the smiles and the banter was priceless.

Half Time came and went in a blur - quick pint out the back then into the terraces again. I was suitably impressed by Abomah in the 1st half, he and Kike were building to something on the right hand side and in the 2nd he was jolly on the spot, thanks to Daniel Ayala's brilliant lead up work and again the faithful went BALLISTIC!

From there on in the Banter was confident, chipping the early leavers as they snuck out the side, letting everyone know we thought we had it in the bag, as the clock struck 81 mins, my time in the game had to finish, I had to be back at Heathrow by no later than 7:20 to make my flight, and if I missed that flight, I might as well stayed in England!

From the sounds of it, there was post game Hi-jinx I missed out on, but to the entire crew from oneBoro, you guys just made my day, week and almost year! To be in the terraces with a bunch of folk who had the 'Boro so close to heart was the stuff that memories are built on, again I cannot thank you all enough.

To the rest of you, NEVER take supporting your team for granted, for the one guy who traveled half way around the world to share one awesome afternoon with a bunch of like hearted BORO FAITHFUL, always remember there are plenty of us here in OZ who would give his left nut to be there week in and out, yet watch every game at STUPID O'Clock just to feel a part of what I was lucky enough to live through on Saturday Afternoon, one I will never forget!

COME ON BORO!!! COME ON BORO!!! COME ON BORO!!!!

Great to meet you BDU , we were all so relieved that you saw all the Boro goals and your company was part of making the Brighton game so special for a lot of us

Hope you make it over tho the UK again , maybe to watch us in the Prem next year , but you can be sure of a warm welcome by the OneBoro boys and girls

Keep up the missionary work out there in OZ mate , and look forward to future posts on here

G'day

Welcome to the forum. Great post and good to hear you had a good time with the oneBoro crew. It's a great bunch to meet up with on gameday and I'm hoping I can do it Again soon.

Great to hear from you BDU!

You certainly didn't miss the agony of holding onto the win after Brighton scored, its a wonder I have any nails left! We were buzzing that you got to see us win in your first game. Really enjoyed meeting up with you and it was a brilliant afternoon in great company, a really special day.

We'll definitely have to plan another match day meet up the next time you're in the UK!

Think the whole forum knows your name is Chris but on here you shall always be referred to as BDU!!

A very warm welcome to the forum and as the others have mentioned you were part and parcel of a wonderful afternoon and it was brilliant having you there with us.

So pleased you got to see a positive result and do let us know how your own Aussie forum goes and what kind of reaction you got from those who were following your day.

Well done mate and once again welcome to the best UK based Boro fans forum!

What can I say that's hasn't already been said? Was great to meet you, hear your story, and share a Boro win with such a passionate far away supporter! As you know I now follow the Aussie page on Facebook so look forward to seeing more of you guys on there. If ever you're back in the UK just shout! UTB, and see you at stupid o'clock on the match day thread tonight mate? ;)

Because of the circumstances surrounding BDU's story I have been in contact with MFC and chatted to Scott who has printed this thread off to discuss the contents with the PR department.

Ok MFC can not be seen to associate themselves with forums (though they have to acknowledge our sponsorship of Grant Leadbitter) I get the impression that they will be impressed with the story and my contact details were asked for so maybe more can come out of this.

This is a real human interest story and in my opinion worthy of MFC recognition

What can I say that's hasn't already been said? Was great to meet you, hear your story, and share a Boro win with such a passionate far away supporter! As you know I now follow the Aussie page on Facebook so look forward to seeing more of you guys on there. If ever you're back in the UK just shout! UTB, and see you at stupid o'clock on the match day thread tonight mate? ;)

Not too bad for him for the Wolves game as he probably will take the game before work and during breakfast if he is a early riser:)