oneBoro Forum

Scotland V England

Celtic Park

1945hrs Kick off

Will Wee Gordon's boys see off Roys wait for the second half before we get going lads tonight?

One of the, or indeed, the oldest Football International matches to be played.

Does anyone care about a Home International or should they be part of the football calendar?

Anyway it;s being played if anyone wants to comment

firstly , i was raised on the annual home international spectacle at the season end and id much rather see it return than some of the pointless friendlies nowdays. I think it suffered from the football hooliganism culture of the 70,s/80,s and that led to its removal from the calender as much as anything else . in the main that sad part of football has abated these days hopefully to the extend that we could try to resurrect this tournament . One thing that definately wont have changed is the massive desire (especially a***st the scots) to stick it up england in these games .

ive watched the last two scotland home qualifiers and the passion a***st the crowd is definateky back and puts the wembley atmosphere to shame . they will be right in our faces both on thhe pitch and crowdwise and it definately wont be for the fainthearted ( bad move playing downing in this one) ,

this wont be a friendly ,mark my words , hope it doesnt make the headlines for the wrong reasons as it has the prospect of doing but it will be an intimidating atmosphere .

scots will love it to bits ,,, england could be in for a tough night .

Always a good fixture to have, means alot more to scotland than England though. Hope we dont treat it as a friendly, its not fair for the supporters. We have a far superior team and all our players have played in atmospheres like this before, cant see anything but an England win

Just want to get one over on strachen, despise that bloke

Due to the manner in which he left Boro I can not find it in me to despise him whatsoever

Have to say fair play to him for leaving without taking any money though

It wasnt his management that annoyed me the most, he just came across as a complete idiot every time he spoke, far too arrogant

Personally i hope we thrash them 10 - 0. Obviously not going to happen but this game has certainly got my juices going a lot more than the mediocre teams we have been playing in our qualifying campaign or other meaningless friendlies. At least there is pride at stake here for both the players and fans. Hope this doesn't boil over and lead to unnecessary sending off's and trouble between fans but there will be so much passion involved that I just cannot wait. It's a pity it's not on a Saturday so i could enjoy a few beers whilst watching it.

Not the most credible of sources:

Oddschanger ‏@Oddschanger · 16m16 minutes ago

Reported England XI vs Scotland: Forster; Clyne, Smalling, Cahill, Shaw; Wilshere; Oxlade-Chamberlain, Milner; Downing; Rooney, Welbeck.

Due to the manner in which he left Boro I can not find it in me to despise him whatsoever

Fully agree with you DS. It didn't work for GS at the Boro. The logic seemed ok - the two top scorers in Scotland and the two best performing CMs of Celtic and Rangers. Just shows the gap in quality in Scotland. Though wee GS showed some dignity in the way he left and good luck to him.

On other matters, would be good to see Downing have a great game. He looks to have started well. Roll on Saturday though;)

England played around Downing who ran the game whilst on the pitch. Scotland just didnt know how to deal with him often having 3-4 players within a yard of him. On coming off at half time players from both sides stood in two lines and applauded him off the pitch. Hodgson believed that it was job done so allowed Downing a rest in the second half.