oneBoro Forum

How much will it take?

Just after reading the article the Gazette done (by the way, how much better has the gazettes coverage of Boro got in the past few weeks? Very impressed) about which loan signing we'd like here permanently if money were no object and it got me thinking.

How much do you think it would take to sign each player, and how high would you be willing to go for each? And which do you think we have a realistic hope of signing?

Personally I would only have interest at the moment in signing 3 loan permanent. Not seen enough of Blackman to want to sign him, not seen Veljkovic at all, Vossen nt been given much opportunity, wouldnt buy him for the 4m quote at present.

Fredericks, I like him good atacking full back andwont get a sniff at Tottenham when Kyle Walker is fit. £2-3m should be enough.

Bamford, as much as I'd like to sign Bamford I feel his future is at Chelsea and he'll be reluctant to sign on a permaent with us. hypothetically it could take 4-5m bid and a high wage of 25-30k a week to stand any chance.

Omerou, would lov to sign Omerou on a permanent and Omerou seems to like it at Boro. He's young but already is a full international, I feel a bid in the region of £4-£5m could secure his services as he'll be still nowhere near Chelsea first team.

I'd imagine that both the young Chelsea players would require a fairly sizeable fee. With players of that age you pay more for potential rather than their current quality, so I'd imagine they'd probably want about £5m for Bamford and £7m for Omeruo. Personally I've not seen anything yet from Bamford that would warrant anywhere near that fee and wouldn't want the club to pay more than £2m to try a permanent signing for him. Omeruo I wouldn't want to see the club pay more than £3-4m for him. The complication with these players is that Chelsea have somewhat of a monopoly on young talent so if they deemed them surplus to requirements, and with Aitor's close link with Jose I'd imagine we might be able to get them for a reasonable price.

Veljkovic we haven't seen and therefore can't really comment on, same goes for Jamal Blackman to an extent.

Fredericks I'd be happy for the club to spend £3m on. He looks class. I don't know how much Spurs would ask for him as he's well down the pecking order there and until this season I'd not even heard of him if I'm being honest.

Vossen clearly has quality and his link up play is great, but he's not had a settled run in the team to be able to show what he's capable of, just 15-20 minutes here and there. Yet to score and I wouldn't really know what I'd want the club to pay. Genk have made it very vocal that they want more than 5m euros for him, but with him publicly stating that he wanted out and also with his contract getting shorter and shorter they may lower their price.

Thought when Fredricks came we would probably end up signing him, he has been fantastic though so I can see Spurs wanting to take him back eventually. If we went up it could change things though. 2-4 Million

Omeruo probably wont be allowed to leave Chelsea anyway, think they would be looking at a high fee to let him go, plus there would be more attractive offers than Boro I expect. Same with Bamford, I think Chelsea rate them both highly therefore I cant see them being sold

Think the deal was 4/5 million for Vossen, hasnt justified that yet, only would get him if we went up anyway

Can see us singing Blackman for a fairly low fee in the summer regardless of what league were in

Oh and I think that Omeruo could be a possibility if we got promoted as he seems to like it here. Vossen is definitely a possibility especially if he does the business later on in the season.

Just after reading the article the Gazette done (by the way, how much better has the gazettes coverage of Boro got in the past few weeks? Very impressed) about which loan signing we'd like here permanently if money were no object and it got me thinking.

How much do you think it would take to sign each player, and how high would you be willing to go for each? And which do you think we have a realistic hope of signing?

Vossen = can't remember how much the fee agreed to make the move permanent was but right now i don't think it's likely to happen. Really hope he gets a proper chance to prove he's good enough though because, for whatever reason, he hasn't had that yet.

Fredericks = Love this kid, and it would make my summer if we could sign him permanently. £1m + with various clauses in spurs' favour. They're signing Yedlin and already have Walker and Naughton as well as Dier who can cover there. Ryan will be 23 not long after the start of the new season and at that age he should be playing regular first team football.

Omeruo = Very good player but I doubt he'd be a regular for Chelsea next season, so maybe they'll do a deal like they did with Benfica for Matic. £2-3m with cheap buy back clause for them

Bamford = Don't think there's any chance of a permanent move, he's their "next big thing" and don't think their fans would be very happy if he was sold without having a chance to prove himself.

Blackman = Haven't really seen him enough to comment

Milos V = ?

Being realistic I think the only players within our grasp, if we were to be promoted, would be Blackman, Velijkovic and Vossen. Currently I wouldn't spend my money on any of those three.

Omeruo, Bamford and Fredericks are all very highly thought of at their respective clubs, not only that I'd say they all harbour ambitions of making it at their respective clubs and that's not an unreasonable thought for all three.

I think if we went up then Omeruo would be here again on loan. I think if we don't go up he'll go to another Premier League club or a top flight club in another country on loan so that Chelsea can have a look at him playing at that level. I'd be surprised if they chose to sell him to anyone unless they've already made their mind up on him of course.

I don't see Bamford as a likely purchase although I also don't think his future lies with Chelsea either unless they hang on to him as a third or fourth choice striker who is English. I don't see him getting a lot of games for them in the long run at this stage. It's possible that another loan could be sorted similar to what I said about Omeruo above.

Blackman not a likely purchase but again could be a loan possibility.

Fredericks is an interesting one because I have a feeling that Spurs will offload a lot of players next summer and possibly bring in quite a few. Where that might leave him I don't know. They may hang on to him to compete or act as back up for the right back position. He won't be first choice though as he's not at that level yet. I think he could be a possibility were we to go up but you'd be talking more than £1 million with add on clauses. I reckon £3-£6 million they'd be asking for.

Vossen already has a fee agreed apparently. At the moment I have no idea whether we'd be likely to sign him but the fact that he isn't playing much suggests not. One thing to say is that there might not be that much competition for him but I don't see us moving for him permanently unless something changes with him here.

The other lad from Spurs is a complete unknown so no idea on that one.

Frederick's contract runs out in 2016, so at the end of this season he will only have one year remaining, which will put us in a stronger position if he doesn't agree a longer term contract before then. Whilst Frederick's has done well here, we're yet to see how he will cope against top quality players at Premier League level, so I can't see Tottenham be wiling to have him as their second choice RB, ahead of the likes of Walker, Naughton and Dier. Frederick's might sense this and realise that his future will be best served moving permanently to establish himself.

Frederick's contract runs out in 2016, so at the end of this season he will only have one year remaining, which will put us in a stronger position if he doesn't agree a longer term contract before then. Whilst Frederick's has done well here, we're yet to see how he will cope against top quality players at Premier League level, so I can't see Tottenham be wiling to have him as their second choice RB, ahead of the likes of Walker, Naughton and Dier. Frederick's might sense this and realise that his future will be best served moving permanently to establish himself.

To be fair to him, when we played against Liverpool he was up against Sterling for a lot of the game, and Sterling got no change out of him at all. Sterling is probably considered one of the better wingers too, i think Fredericks can go on to be an awesome player, his recovery speed and 1v1 defending is second to none.

He would definitely be a player id look to sign permanently if it was manageable