[align=center]8oro Vs Man C1ty

[/align]

FA Cup 4th Round

[align=center]Etihad Stadium

[/align]

[align=center]24th January 2015

[/align]

15:00

Here we go then me beauties... The one we've been waiting for!

After a fantastic 6 points gained and sitting pretty in the championship following a 2-1 (feels weird adding a number other than 0?!) victory over Cardiff we now have the welcome distraction of the FA Cup and a jolly jaunt to the Etihad to entertain current premier league holders Manchester C1ty. No biggie...

I know what you're all thinking... So lets just get that big Red elephant out of the room....

[align=center][video=youtube]http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGOZgELbK_c

[/align]

Ahhh... That's better...I could watch that for days on end and not get bored.

Last games

Middles8rough 2-1 Cardiff

A game we started well, then controlled against a strong and gutsy Cardiff defensive game.  However, we were not to be outdone and BamBam and Tomlin secured the three points - albeit with a late consolation goal.  Our first in 5 games.

Manchester C1ty 0 - 2 ***nal

Really shocked me this result.  Carzola ran the show and C1ty looked a little helpless without Toure, who thankfully is AFCON bound. 

View From the Other Side:

http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=309237

They really dont like us do they?

Talking Points

Will Kalas be available after his injury on Tuesday night? I'm not entirely sure how serious his injury was.

Will Karanka stick with Kike?  Or will he rotate and try Vossen up front?  Obviously anyone who is picked will raise their game due to the opposition?

Can we do the unthinkable and shut out Man C1ty?  Can we get back to clean-sheet glory against what will be an understrength C1ty side due to the impending Barca Champions League game and subsequent Title-Decider at Chelsea.  However, an understrength C1ty side will still include the likes of Jovetic and Milner.  

Will scouts be keeping an eye on the likes of Gibson and Reach?

Can we do the unthinkable and actually ruddy win this?!

Over to you me 'ansums.

Cornish

:heart:

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well as long as we aren't embarrassed i will be happy. Even if they put out a 2nd string team it will be a very tough game I honestly don't see us winning this.

But.......

We are on a very good run, we have no pressure on us, they have been doing a lot of travel this week ans well as playing an extra game and they have a big big game after us.

Head:3-1

Heart:1-8 :D :D

I think it's important from a team psychology point of view to go and play a strong XI and to play in our usual way ie not 5 at the back etc.

Yes we will almost certainly get beaten but it will make the players feel that AK rates them and that he believes that our way playing can compete in the PL and with a team like City, which in itself in a confidence boast.

if we go there and and play 5 at the back and 3 holding midfielders - what does that say to the players?

Why do you want all of those changes? That team will get hammered IMO.

Id argue that that team is only marginally weaker than our strongest team. With having two in each position, we should look to rotate the squad with 3 games in a week. I think the only ones you could say are clear second choices are wildshut, mejas, husband and ledesma.

Every player wants to play this Sat. I'd be extremely disappointed if we didn't play our strongest 11. No on paper we probably won't win but the players have earned the chance to go against the PL Champions.

Besides I promised Ben Gibson I'd bet on him to score on Sat. :D

Why do you want all of those changes? That team will get hammered IMO.

Id argue that that team is only marginally weaker than our strongest team. With having two in each position, we should look to rotate the squad with 3 games in a week. I think the only ones you could say are clear second choices are wildshut, mejas, husband and ledesma.

It's more about the players that you have left out in that line-up: Dimi, Friend, Gibson, Ayala, Clayton, Bamford and Reach have been 7 of our most influential players. Tomlin's not having a bad run either.

Play our strongest squad. Simple as that. They have a week before the next game and a game like this isn't for backup players. One of the biggest games of some players careers like Gibson, Dimi, Friend, Clayton and Reach. They deserve to play and taste Prem opposition.