oneBoro Forum

The Tomlin Turn

After watching the highlights once again and paying particular attention to Lee Tomlin I think it is fair to say, despite often negative criticism that indeed we do have a very good player in Lee Tomlin.

He was simply superb and had he scored from "the Tomlin turn" then he would probably have scored one of the best FA cup goals ever seen.

So we do know what he is capable of and boy I do hope that we see that level of performances again :)

Agreed. The guy is hungry to show his skill. It clearly comes out as being selfish. In fact a few times he could, and probably should, have played others in but personally I want to see hungry players at our club.

It was an amazing piece of skill though. As good as that moment Tuncay gave us a few years back!

I just hope he keeps that level of performance up.

I'm just happy it's called the Tomlin turn and he didn't fall over his own feet doing it getting the title "the Tomlin tumble" :p

But in all seriousness what a fantastic moment of brilliance. The shot too was so elegant, takes some skill to hit the post and the ball to go out of play on the other side of the opposite post. Really deserved to find the back of the net that one...

After watching the highlights once again and paying particular attention to Lee Tomlin I think it is fair to say, despite often negative criticism that indeed we do have a very good player in Lee Tomlin.

He was simply superb and had he scored from "the Tomlin turn" then he would probably have scored one of the best FA cup goals ever seen.

So we do know what he is capable of and boy I do hope that we see that level of performances again :)

Very good players play well consistently over time.  Tomlin doesn't so he isn't.  I appreciate that we're all on a massive high right now and quite rightly Tomlin is getting a lot of praise but lets not get too carried away with it all.  The turn was brilliant however it's one moment in a season.  It's like the daft arguments about Emnes all over again, moments of class don't make players good, lots of good moments over and over again make them good and that's what we need to see from Tomlin for the rest of the season.  If we do he could have a big influence on our season, if we don't then he'll be getting that same criticism again.

I for one think that tomlin performance was the best #10 display I've seen since, may get abuse for this, juninho?

I'd like to state I'm not at all saying tomlin is as good as TLF but yesterday was fantastic!

Tomlin did have a good game yesterday but I agree with CT on this one. For me Tomlins had a disappointing season so far. In the system we play we need our no10 to be more of a goal threat and I was expecting tomlin to be alot higher up in the goal scoring charts.

Hopefully he's goals and proformance in the last 3 games will give him the confidence to push on in the remaining games.

As much as the turn was brilliant and the boy has quick feet , what made me think the penny had clicked with him was the way he bust a gut to get into the box for his goal against Cardifft. On technical ability he has it in him to be a mini merson, I think we will now see the real Lee Tomlin

Tomlin has all the talent to be a very good footballer. He has immense talent, quick feet and great vision but his decision making and over elaboration have seen to frustration with the fans. I was pleased when we bought him - my hope was that the penny would drop and he would start to have more belief in himself as a top player - stop the larking around, take his fitness more seriously and become more disciplined.

I think he sees a path towards being a Premier League player and is getting good advice from the coaches at Boro who have worked with the best. Talent is great - but hard work and discipline lead to great players. We have all heard stories about how hard Beckham and Ronaldo train hour after hour on technique and fitness. I reckon Tomlin gets that now and that is to our benefit in my view.