oneBoro Forum

oneBoro Grant Leadbitter interview

As you all know oneBoro proudly supports Grant Leadbitter's home shirt and that we have 2 very lucky lads indeed meeting him later on at the Sponsors dinner later on in the year.

I got to thinking about how good it would be to be able to have some on to one time as a forum with Grant Leadbitter and so being totally forward thinking I sent the following right to the top as follows:

Dear Mr.Bausor,

Please allow my introduction.

I am the Administrator of the oneBoro fans forum, a very active and worldwide forum for all Boro fans.

You probably are aware that as a forum we have sponsored Grant Leadbitter's home shirt and this is our third year in actively sponsoring Boro players, previously Dean Whitehead and Adam Reach.

We have two lucky members who will be attending the Sponsors Dinner later on in the year but it would be totally brilliant if our other members got the opportunity to participate in sending some questions and hopefully getting replies form Grant in a "interview type" theme on our forum.

Would like to ask you graciously if this is at all possible, and if Grant himself would be ok with this?

I would ask our Members for some suggestions/questions and then send to you/Grant or another for approval and responses as and when able to. We would keep it to a minimum of course, perhaps 10-15 questions at the most and obviously keeping in with the theme of all things current to the club at the moment.

I hope that you will give some consideration to this request and will respond favourably. 

In the meantime I look forward to hearing from you and hopefully being able to pursue this matter further.

Thank you for your time 

Alan Thomas

Now I know that things are very busy at the moment at Boro and what with massive games and transfers to deal with I was gobsmacked when I got this back from MFC just now. 

Hi Alan

Thanks for your mail regarding Grant.

Questions are no problem. I think the easiest way would be for you to come down and see him at some point?

Paul Dews

Head of Communication and Support Services.

As you can imagine I was delighted to get this from Mr Dews and have replied to him, but here lays the problem and I need some assistance with regards to this meeting as I live near London as you know.

I have asked him that I nominate a forum member who can do this interview for me and therefore would ask any of our budding journalists (I think we have some as members) if they would like to participate in this on our behalf, failing that would suggest Red Rocket if she feels up to representing us.

If we do have any journo type member who wants to do this then please say so as early as possible and I will then liaise with Mr Dews once the time and location is confirmed to meet Grant (who we thank enormously for agreeing to this opportunity and a first for the forum)

As for the members who would like to participate can you think of any specific questions you would like to ask Grant, and I guess if they are related to football matters, his personal situation, life at the Boro etc etc then we could end up with a decent interview with him.

I guess the best way is that you post your question (limit to one per member) and then once we have about 15 or so we feel the whole forum wants answering whoever represents us can take along the questions and then we can have a dedicated thread once the answers become available.

If you have any suggestions about the last paragraph please say so.

I am just so excited about the whole thing and what this does for the forum :D

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

This is great news, and a very good idea DS. I'd be interested in being involved in the process - although I don't work in journalism, I am in media, and would personally love the opportunity.

As far as questions go, I'd go with:

'Does being captain affect your approach to the game, and is it a responsibility that you enjoy?'

I would hope that one of the questions would be about how he feels about a fans forum being involved with the sponsorship instead of some corporate sponsor?

@Alfonso Bonzo your interest has been noted thank you

We can introduce a poll later on when we have a selection of questions and use the highest polled questions for the interview with Grant Leadbitter.

I do hope there will be some out of the box type questions

Thanks Alan - a real coup for the forum

My question...

Grant, where do you think we will finish in the division this season and does this differ from your hopes at the start of the season?