• Boro Win
    • Draw
    • Millwall Win

[align=center]Middlesbrough V Millwall

[/align]

[align=center]            03/03/15

[/align]

19:45

This will be without doubt one of the most dull games you will find this season. Millwall come into the game in really poor form, they look to be heading for relegation. If only their manager had known jose mourinho for 5 minutes ey.............

Last time out

Boro

Another awful performance from Boro, only this time the opposition actually had some quality and punished us. Boro were never in the game minus a few half chances. Too many changes was always going to make it tough

Millwall

Another defeat against relegation rivals rotherham looks to have left olly on the brink of the sack

Team News

Unfortunately Ayala will still be out for this one, with a bit of luck so will Reach. carayol is likely to play some part in his first game for almost a year. Dont have a clue who is injured for them, ill update it later

View from the Opposition

Coming up

Reverse Fixture

Jelle Vossen. That is all

The team

So many players need to be dropped I dont even know where to begin.  Would love start with this

----------------------Dimi--------------------------

Fredricks---Woodgate--Kalas---------Friend

---------Clayton-------Leadbitter---------------

Wildschut-------Tomlin----------Carayol

-------------------Vossen---------------------------

Need to go back to the 4-2-3-1 and never go three at the back again. wildschut was the only bright spark from the sheff wed game for me, would love to see him play again, ideal game for carayol to return in too

Sadly we will probably start with the most negative formation we can and hoof the ball at Kike for 90 minutes

Will do a proper thread when I have fully recovered from the disappointment of yesterday. Dont really fancy discussing football at the moment 

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

--------------dimi------------

Fredricks--Kalas--Woodgate--friend

-------Clayton----Leadbitter---

Bamford----Tomlin----Adomah--

-----------Vossen--------

I know people don't like albert playing on the left but we have a fair few wins playing this system. I also like the way Bamford, Tomlin and Adomah can all interchange positions in this system and cause trouble for defenders.

I think it's important that we start on the front foot and get the supporters involved, we don't want a performance like Bolton where our edginess passed on to the players and we dropped to their level instead of playing football

I think it's safe to assume, as others have done, that Vossen will start this one. He's not been out with an injury as such, so physically you'd assume he doesn't need to be eased back in. We need to stick a few past them and get the fans up again, yesterday was hopefully the culmination of the bad run that's been going since ***nal.

UTB.

--------------dimi------------

Fredricks--Kalas--Woodgate--friend

-------Clayton----Leadbitter---

Bamford----Tomlin----Adomah--

-----------Vossen--------

I know people don't like albert playing on the left but we have a fair few wins playing this system. I also like the way Bamford, Tomlin and Adomah can all interchange positions in this system and cause trouble for defenders.

Pretty much the team I'd go with, maybe Nsue in for Bamford or Adomah. Woodgate needs to come in regardless. We need a leader at the back at the moment so wouldn't be fussed if he was alongside Kalas or Gibson. The past few games have seen Gibson look a bit tired, mentally especially so wouldn't be too unhappy to give him a break.

Whatever way we line up, we've got to attack from the off. Hopefully get an early goal and settle the nerves of the crowd. The last few at the Riverside you can feel the tension from the crowd.

Get an early goal and we could go on to get 3 or 4. If not it'll be another 1-0 scrappy victory for us.

It's to be hoped that the team get over this quicker than the fans :rolleyes:

I already have....

Its time to get behind the boys and push them over the line of promotion....

There are 12 games to go and if we get back to playing 4-2-3-1 and our strongest line up with limited changes from here on out we will get promoted.

UTB.

Maybe gibson is tired, but as mentioned many times before, the defence doesnt cover as much ground as the the rest of the team. On that note, maybe gibbo would benefit greatly next to woodgate?

Dimi

Fredericks Woodgate Kalas Friend

Ledbetter Clayton

Bamford Tomlin Reach

Vossen

Id put Bamford back to where he was scoring goals from on the right. Bring a fresh Reach & Vossen back in, with Woodgate as a calm head over Omeruo and Kalas over Gibson. God only knows why Fredericks isn't getting a game.

Dimi

Ledbetter Clayton

Bamford Tomlin Reach

Vossen

Id put Bamford back to where he was scoring goals from on the right. Bring a fresh Reach & Vossen back in, with Woodgate as a calm head over Omeruo and Kalas over Gibson. God only knows why Fredericks isn't getting a game.

I think it must be to do with his injury. Obviously in his position it tends to be a case of if he plays, he plays the full 90. Maybe two games in 3 days is still too much for him. Hopefully he should play this one.

In other news, how many fans do we think they will bring? It is the furthest they have to travel this season, a Tuesday night, and they are rubbish. I think over 100 would surprise me. 

leeds wasnt a poor display we gifted them a goal and just couldnt get one ourselves not for lack of trying  ...btw how bad was bamba , who played out of his skin against us  ... yesterday against watford ,at fault in all three goals .   where we shot ourselves in the foot massively yesterday and to the same degree againast blackpool where we sank to a low level of performance despite winning the game and  it seems also as the game progressed against bolton was  we set up with too much  emphasis and focus on both the state of the pitch and the style of play the opponents  played to  insteadof  imposing OUR selves on them as the league positions warranted .  flashback to a regular descrepency under the last manager .

if we  arent brave enough to take the game to teams from here on in and that includes "those " games ,  we may well blow the chance we created for ourselves .

this goes for both the manager and the players

footnote ,, saw the goals last night and  i thought the handball was dubious although i havent seen it close up as yet  but  what was Dimi doing on that second goal ...Mejias would have been crucified .  

Dimi

Ledbetter Clayton

Bamford Tomlin Reach

Vossen

I think it must be to do with his injury. Obviously in his position it tends to be a case of if he plays, he plays the full 90. Maybe two games in 3 days is still too much for him. Hopefully he should play this one.

In other news, how many fans do we think they will bring? It is the furthest they have to travel this season, a Tuesday night, and they are rubbish. I think over 100 would surprise me. 

unless theyre  just staying in the northern reaches and coming straight over from Rotherham

I would start with this line up, I want us to attack with pace and flair.

-------------------------Dimi----------------------------

---Fredericks---Kalas-------Gibson---Friend---------

----------Leadbitter------------Forshaw---------------

-Nsue-----------------Tomlin-------------Wildschut---

------------------------Vossen---------------------------

Clayton is still the best player to play alongside Leadbitter but I think he could benefit from having a rest for this game and being fresh for a much tougher game against Forest next weekend.

Against such a poor team I want Wildschut to inject some pace in to our game and be direct.

We need to hammer these and improve our goal difference because the way this season is going it could come down to goal difference.

UTB.

Having witnessed the free flowing all out attack mind set Boro performance at the Den earlier in the season you would forgive me for anticipating and relishing the reverse fixture especially as how Millwall are fast plummeting towards relegation.

But I am not because nothing of late has convinced me that we are out of this downward slump we are currently experiencing and to be honest this game can go two ways in that we will hit even lower heights(or should that be depths) or simply blow away recent performances with a display that wipes away all recent concerns so maybe taking that into account a very frustrating draw might be the final outcome.

Millwall with not a lot to lose might come to The Riverside with the idea that we are vulnerable due to the pressures of where we currently are and what the loss of points will inevitably do and have belief that they can add to our current woes and can you really blame them?

I can only judge things on what has recently happened in general terms from the ***nal defeat and we have flattered to deceive at times and have done ourselves no favours at all in terms of scoring goals and winning games and just because it is Millwall should we really think that suddenly a corner has been turned?

This simply is a must not lose game and part of me is now thinking that my seldom used phrase is applicable to the game. At this moment I would not be surprised with a draw unless we see a renewed and confident Boro performance