oneBoro Forum

Steve Gibson wants Karanka...

to extend his Boro stay but admits there will be a time for him to move on to bigger things.

On the back page of tomorrow's Northern Echo.

Karanka only has a year remaining on his current contract. Would be brilliant if we could keep him here for many years to come. This man has revitalised Middlesbrough Football Club. He's made the fans believe again. He's made people sit up and take notice of Middlesbrough Football Club again.

Wouldn't it be lovely if a new deal was announced before the season finale? But I suspect with the way Karanka likes to work he will want to focus on promotion and nothing else until the season is over.

What do you reckon Karanka will want to do next? Could he achieve all of his ambitions with Middlesbrough? Or is he capable of managing one of the big boys?

Didn't Gibson say this a few months ago?. I seem to remember something like that so it could just be the Northern Echo regurgitating that quote over the quiet international break

I've had a strange feeling for a while that Karanka could leave at the end of this season if we fail to gain promotion as I can't imagine him wanting to stick around for too long in the Championship. I really hope I'm wrong though as he has been brilliant since he arrived.

Ye sadly I agree I don't think he'll want to stick in the championship for much longer. But if we were to go up this season I think he'll want to stay and see how far he could take us. When you see the transformation at Southampton, West Ham and Swansea it just makes you wonder... :D

Unless we fail to get promoted this year and dont look like it next year. I honestly think he will be here until a massive club comes in for him. Behind the top 7 or 8 clubs in the premier league i think the gap between the rest of the premier league and the top 5 or 6 in the championship is very close. Although my bias side may be coming out if we get promoted we will be as attractive a prospect as most jobs would be until the elite level.

If we dont get promoted he has done nothing, a big club arnt going to hire him for nearly getting a team promoted whilst spending quite alot of money

Unless we fail to get promoted this year and dont look like it next year. I honestly think he will be here until a massive club comes in for him. Behind the top 7 or 8 clubs in the premier league i think the gap between the rest of the premier league and the top 5 or 6 in the championship is very close. Although my bias side may be coming out if we get promoted we will be as attractive a prospect as most jobs would be until the elite level.

Totally agree - I think he may be here for some time - he doesn't seem like to the type to give up on something if his remit is to get us promoted I think he will stay till he does or is booted out.

Once we are Promoted I think we are the ideal club in the premiership for him to build up his reputation.

There is a model in place with the mendes/kenyon links and we will all thrive under it.

If all goes well and we get promoted I think his next job will be for a champions league team.