oneBoro Forum

Just a thought

This is in no way a transfer thread, but IF the worst happens and we don't go up this season for whatever reason, would you want AK to strengthen from within the Championship with proven players or gamble with signings from abroad?

If you want Championship players, then who?

I'd go with Gestede up top and Antonio on the left wing. Not sure whether our budget would stretch to both of them though, I may be being wildly unrealistic.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Would we definitely be selling? AK has said within the last week that the plan was promotion in 2 and a half years, we're currently only a year and a half into that. I'd be surprised if the plan had been to weaken half way through the plan by offloading our best performers?

I thought most of our players were tied down to long term contracts.

I've said elsewhere with the number of loan players we have and weaknesses in certain positions you'd expect a lot of coming and going in the summer whether we go up or not. No idea who we'd look at, probably a lot of loans again though either way.

If we don't get promoted I think our squad will be dismantled and look a lot different next season.

I fear that none of the loans would come back and of our permanent signings the likes of Gibson, Friend, Leadbitter could be gone..

We need to get promoted this season by any means possible.

If we don't get promoted I think our squad will be dismantled and look a lot different next season.

I fear that none of the loans would come back and of our permanent signings the likes of Gibson, Friend, Leadbitter could be gone..

So basically the worse that could possibly happen?  I think you need to get some medication mate for these mood swings of yours ;)

Failure to win promotion might see us lose a player or two but I think the bulk would stay for at least another season.  You might lose one or two out of Leadbitter, Gibson, Friend, Tomlin, Adomah and Ayala but I don't think they'd all go unless of course we opted to make those changes of course.  The loan players are more of an issue because we have so many of them and the left wing spot is a problem as is right back.  I'd also like another central midfielder in albeit Forshaw has started to look the part recently.

So basically the worse that could possibly happen?  I think you need to get some medication mate for these mood swings of yours ;)

Failure to win promotion might see us lose a player or two but I think the bulk would stay for at least another season.  You might lose one or two out of Leadbitter, Gibson, Friend, Tomlin, Adomah and Ayala but I don't think they'd all go unless of course we opted to make those changes of course.  The loan players are more of an issue because we have so many of them and the left wing spot is a problem as is right back.  I'd also like another central midfielder in albeit Forshaw has started to look the part recently.

I suppose I did give a case for the worst scenario but I think its likely to happen if we don't go up.

If we get promoted I think we will be able to keep all of our permanent signings and all our loan signings if we want to, Bamford being the exception because I think Chelsea will want to keep him for the early part of next season at least.. It all depends if and who they sign.

We'd need to replace Bamford and Kalas/Fredericks, and there are question marks over whether Dimi could do another full season as number one. Other than that, I really don't think we'll lose many, if any, current first teamers. I don't see why we would sell to a rival, or why they would want to leave to one, which only leaves Prem teams. Are any Prem teams realistically going to interested in our players? As excellent as they've been, I would say it's due to the system and team ethic as much as individual brilliance.

we need a new left winger and a striker. wildschut ledesma will probably be going. maybe we would just need to get another couple of free's in that karanka already knows like damia and nsue. derby missed out on promotion last season and never sold anyone so maybe we would see only small changes.

I don't think we can see small changes because we've got so many loan players and we've clearly got players on the books that Karanka doesn't really fancy. So from the squad as it is now we're likely to see 10-15 players leaving I'd say. All of the loan players to go and also Ledesma, Carayol, Whitehead, Woody (not sure about his contract though) plus anyone we may choose to sell from the rest if we get serious interest in them. We're going to need at least two forwards in, one right back, a left winger, probably two central defenders, maybe a central midfielder as well. Most may be loans and maybe we'll end up with one or two we've already had here but that's still some significant change there. None of that takes into account losing a key player and having to replace him or players currently in and around the first team that Karanka may also like to replace if he doesn't think they've done enough this season.

I don't think we can see small changes because we've got so many loan players and we've clearly got players on the books that Karanka doesn't really fancy.  So from the squad as it is now we're likely to see 10-15 players leaving I'd say.  All of the loan players to go and also Ledesma, Carayol, Whitehead, Woody (not sure about his contract though) plus anyone we may choose to sell from the rest if we get serious interest in them.  We're going to need at least two forwards in, one right back, a left winger, probably two central defenders, maybe a central midfielder as well.  Most may be loans and maybe we'll end up with one or two we've already had here but that's still some significant change there.  None of that takes into account losing a key player and having to replace him or players currently in and around the first team that Karanka may also like to replace if he doesn't think they've done enough this season.

damn forgot about all the contracts running out whitehead woody etc. deano  was on top wages to. that should free us spce for a couple of new wages on its own.