oneBoro Forum

The Leaving of Ayresome Park

Not sure if some of our non-Teeside based members are aware, but Tees did a fantastic documentary tonight on the period of leaving Ayresome. You can listen online (there's a month to listen)

Really enjoyable and brought back some nostalgia of my few trips there. Enjoy

http://bbc.in/1F2n4Aj

Will have to give that a lisren, my whole childhood from 85 revolved around the 6 mile round trip walking to the match. Great times, except fot people peeing in your pocket

I've just listened to it. Anybody who hasn't you must do, it brought back so many memories of being a kid going to night games at Ayresome Park back in the 70s and getting a squeeze on a Saturday. Brilliant.

I've just listened to it. Anybody who hasn't you must do, it brought back so many memories of being a kid going to night games at Ayresome Park back in the 70s and getting a squeeze on a Saturday. Brilliant.

Vector , imagine standing outside the north stand turnstiles now on a saturday asking random strangers for a squeeze

So you werent one of the ones that climbed over the wall instead.