oneBoro Forum

M/D threads, formatting and volunteers.

Ok may as well get round to the annual request for M/D thread volunteers authors for next season, but want to also discuss (I know what BWS will say) the way the games are formatted and also to try and ensure that the next thread is up soon enough especially when the Saturday/Sunday followed by a midweek game comes up and let's face it that happens regularly.

Will go with the majority with regards to the formatting so please if you do have an opinion please state which you prefer.

Currently it is Boro V Whoever for home games

Boro V Whoever (A) for away games

The same applies to cup games with an indication as to the competition the game is relevant to such as Boro V Oldham (Capital Cup) (A)

Now if your preference is Boro V Whoever for home games and Whoever V Boro for an away game then please state as I would much rather we go with the overall preference on this matter.

Another matter is the results on the thread after the game, personally I like to see it as it helps later on reminding what we did and also for being able to work out straight away sequences and form guides which are always useful for the preparation of the next match day thread for the author.

Some members have complained about the timing of when the results are published so if it is the majorities wishes then the results will not be edited until the following morning thus allowing for any reader who may not know the result to wade through the posts regarding the particular match.

Now with regards to the authors of the thread I hope everyone still feels that the winning author stays on should he/she record a win and that changes only apply when there is a draw or loss to allow the next volunteers. Think it is great to see someone like cornishboroboy doing a sequence of 6 games?

Ok the hard part now and as mentioned sometimes there were times last season where there was sometimes too much of a delay before the next match day thread was posted and as we all know that the opening post standards were well below par to what is the norm, reasons being rushed due to time limits or the author being away and not having access to a pc and though it did not happen too much we do need a way of ensuring a decent opening post results and in plenty of time so I propose this course of action.

If you do volunteer and there is just a few days before the next game then perhaps prepare a saved draft for the next game especially if you are the current author and if you are the next in line volunteer wise then do the same so that it is nearly ready for a quick publication.

Hopefully this will allow for a Saturday game's thread to be up and running by the Tuesday before the game (think this is a reasonable time period and keeps things fresh) and Sunday publication for a Tuesday/Wednesday mid week game.

As with previous seasons I will always pm the next in line so that they have plenty of warning about their authorship of a M/D thread.

Am sure many will agree I much prefer the M/D threads where we have had input from opposition members and it is good to see that some opposition fans do take the time to come onto the forum and make their views known and not just on a match day basis, therefore it is hoped and encouraged that the resident author might visit and join a current opposition fans forum and invite their members to become temporary members of oneboro so that we can have some two way discussions with them.

It is well known that our M/D threads are one of the most important aspects of this forum and perhaps one of the main reasons why many have become members of the forum, we do have a great standard on here, we have had some brilliant and fantastic opening posts in the past seasons and long may they continue so I do urge that anyone who is going to volunteer this season takes all this on board and that they can commit to doing the very best opening posts as possible.

So please I urge everyone to make their comments about the above and to request that anyone wishing to author this seasons match day threads to volunteer and make it known that you want to participate.

First come first served basis and up to a maximum of say 15 volunteers as it would be hoped that all would get a turn at some point (please advise me later on if you want to withdraw)   

Obviously being northern I don't welcome change to kindly. So to that end

Always put Boro first and just suffix it with (A) for away games

Defiantly winner stays on. But won't be upset if someone has to handover without a loss/draw due work or home commitments

And wherever possible keep the 'Hidden penis' game in the opening posts that (I think it's BoroBadger) does :)

Happy with the current set up (Boro always first, winner stays on) and I enjoyed doing it last season so wouldn't mind doing it again this time round. Do we do match threads for the pre-season games too?

I'll volunteer again Alan.

I'm also happy with the setup as it is.

With regards to putting the score in the title, maybe it can be added the following morning?

That should give our foreign-based readers enough of a chance to read the threads 'as live' before it's included.

I'm more than happy to volunteer again for the new season.

I'm happy with the current set up, Boro should always come first and I agree the score should be added the following morning. Think I need to save the roster as I lost track of who was up next. :D

It's nice to see people volunteering, old hands and new. :)

An occasional problem last season was that MDT authors weren't always able to create their MDTs as early as some members wanted.

With that in mind, I have just done a little experiment which shows that it's possible for a mod to create a new thread from another member's post. The newly created thread is timestamped the same as the member's post and the thread belongs to the member, not to the mod. A bit of editing and hey presto - a new MDT, suitably timed and suitably authored!

Happy with the current set up (Boro always first, winner stays on) and I enjoyed doing it last season so wouldn't mind doing it again this time round. Do we do match threads for the pre-season games too?

I have generally put up a m/d thread for friendlies just in case anyone wants to comment but they are not counted towards the main season.

Ok as things stand the current running order will be as follows:

Juninho9

BoroTom

Boro27

Red Rocket

UweFuchshe

Chipchat

Boro Badger

Boro-unger

Atokous

MMC

Take note of what you said MB though you do a good opening post normally so thank you for your previous threads and I wish that you were starting the first game as we would have been you know where!

Please guys try and get some information about opposition forums and links and wherever possible become a member of their forum and invite others to participate in our associated match thread

Go on the DS I'll do one. I normally refrain due to the high standard of everyone else's. MD Thread but why not. I am out of the country 18th July - 9th August so won't be able to contribute if we are doing pre season games

Go on the DS I'll do one. I normally refrain due to the high standard of everyone else's. MD Thread but why not. I am out of the country 18th July - 9th August so won't be able to contribute if we are doing pre season games

Thanks Chris and as mentioned the friendlies do not count nor any prep needed as they are just a subject title.

Have added you to the list and will give ample warning when you need to start preparing :)

If you need an extra pair of hands, happy to offer. (Though going to be absent from start to mid-August on honeymoon)

Good of you to volunteer and list updated.

Hopefully we will not get around to you before Christmas :)