oneBoro Forum

The Competition

Now that the window has closed, whats everyones opinions on how the league will shape up, personally im concerned about QPR mostly as they've kept hold of Austin, Fer, Phillips etc, and they have strengthened their squad with a few other players. Hull will also be there or there abouts imo, along with Ipswich and ourselves. I think ***o being ruled out for the season will seriously weaken Wolves chances, and i personally dont think Derby will be automatic contenders due to the managers lack of experience, as well as the club being in a bit of a rutt. Reading have signed some good players but have a lack of depth, and i think Brighton will run out of steam sooner rather than later. Thoughts ?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Boro and Hull to be promoted with QPR, Derby, Ipswich and Fulham in the play-offs.

I think QPR and Hull have retained more of their squad than many of us were expecting. I think Derby have some good individuals but it will take a while to click, and I think Fulham have made some good signings as well.

Reading has really strengthened.

Derby have bought some good players and could suddenly click and be a real threat.

Hull and QPR are more of a threat by not losing any/many.

Ipswich were always going to be in and around the top 6.

But we finished 4th last year and were very close to the top 2. And our squad is stronger now in my opinion. We may not win the league. But we should be in the top 2.

Boro and Hull to be promoted with QPR, Derby, Ipswich and Fulham in the play-offs.

I think QPR and Hull have retained more of their squad than many of us were expecting. I think Derby have some good individuals but it will take a while to click, and I think Fulham have made some good signings as well.

Oh yeah I agree on Fulham. They could suddenly become a force.

I said 2 weeks ago that QPR were a massive threat to us and not a single person agreed with me that they could keep their assets.. They came down and went straight back up last time and I expect them to do the same this time.

I said 2 weeks ago that QPR were a massive threat to us and not a single person agreed with me that they could keep their assets.. They came down and went straight back up last time and I expect them to do the same this time.

Maybe I agreed but just didn't say it out loud! :P

Only by the play offs. They didn't storm the league. I think they'll be hovering around the play offs but not top two.

I still fancy hull for top two.

Said it before, will say it again, I don't see Chris Ramsey lasting the full season. Really not convinced by him. The club seem to love him but can't see it.

Same for Kit Symons, club love him but he and Ramsey are under real pressure now. If Fulham in particular don't start picking up with the squad they have (got one of the best left-backs in the league right now... and Luke Garbutt isn't bad either!), Symons will likely pay for it. Can see them or QPR bringing in Jokanovic at some point this season, even though he has since gone to Maccabi Tel Aviv.

As for the Championship, it's a tough one. Regardless of Ramsey, with their squad at the minute, they should be up there come the end of the season. Think it largely depends on them keeping Charlie Austin past January though, won't be easy to replace such a natural goalscorer (woah... deja vu).

Derby have got one of the best midfields in the Championship now. Johnson and Butterfield are two amazing signings and added to their already strong midfield, they should boss the park most games. Can't see anything but automatic promotion for them if Clement turns it around.

Reading have bought well, think Vydra might be worth all that £2m. Can see them sneaking into the play-offs. Hull are another obvious one, they've got a strong squad, Wolves will be alright too.

I've got a really horrible feeling about Leeds, reckon they might well make the play-offs. They've looked alright so far. Chris Wood is starting to settle in.

As for us... 2nd. Derby 1st.

no mention of brighton yet? started great, already battered ipswich.

i think its going to be interesting for sure. hull i dont fancy at all yet, wait and see on them. qpr have some good players but overall they are weak. derby in transition same as brentford. wolves just lost a striker for the season and look a bit thin to stay the pace.

burnley seem like steady eddies same as ipswich. consistency is the key thing here.

i reckon us, ipswich, burnley, brighton with possibly derby and hull competing at the top end. dont see qpr getting carried all season by austin. stragglers just behind might be reading, leeds, wolves, qpr and brentford.

boro

ipswich

---------

brighton

burnley

hull

derby

----------

qpr

wolves

reading

leeds

brentford

add fulham to the chasing pack forgot about them.