oneBoro Forum

The King is dead, long live the King! Loan Window 2015

Just as we put to rest the emotional thread that was Summer Transfers 2015, we dive head first in to the Loan Window!

Reviewing the summers business is never easy as everyone has their own opinion, but personally I think it’s been a fantastic transfer window for the Mighty Reds!   

We’ve signed 10 (yes that’s TEN) players to compete for a place in the starting 11, adding Championship and Premiership experience alongside top quality experience from Spain and Uruguay, we also managed to bring back two of the mighty loan rangers from last season’s squad in Kalas and Nando.

At the end of the window the remaining squad at Rockliffe is:

First Team -  Dimi, Agazzi (Loan), Mejias, Kalas (Loan), Nsue, Ayala, Gibson, Nando (Loan), Woodgate, Friend, Adomah, Stuani, Leadbitter,  Clayton,  Foreshaw,  Stephens (Loan),  Reach,  Pena,  Downing,  Fabbrini (Loan), Nugent,  Kike, Wildshut

Injured – Williams, Abiela, Baptiste

Honourable Mentions: Fry, Maloney

So what should we expect during the Loan Window?

1)      The big question for everyone Boro fan is – What will happen with Albert?  Will time heal? Can AA and AK forgive and forget or is it the end of the road for AA?

Rather than repeat the points already made, this EG article sums it up pretty well - http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/albert-adomah-stays-boro-fans-9972507

2)      With five loans already in place what will AK focus on during the window? 

a.   Will he go back in for loans with players we couldn’t buy during the main window?

• The record breaking (isn’t it every year?) Transfer Window in the premiership has definitely been crazy! But somehow many of the players we were rumoured to be interested in have stayed at their clubs and found themselves further down the pecking order  - Jarvis, Gayle, Traore, Abdi etc.  Others may not have moved in the pecking order due to lack of activity at the their clubs but could still be an option – Pritchard, Rhodes(:D), Gouffran etc

b.   What positions still need cover? 

• GK – The signing of Agazzi on an initial season long loan gives us the three keepers AK wants.
  • RB looked weak until a few weeks ago, but with Nsue stepping up and our two remaining crocks being close to return things have changed there.
  • CB – also looks to be covered well with Stephens, Woody and Nando as options when the mountains that are Ayala and Gibson need a break – plus we have Fry; but I’m hoping he gets some game time on Loan in Div 1.
  • LB – Nando coming in for Husband ( who I expect will extend his loan) gives us enough cover for now.
  • CM –  We have two very solid players fighting for the two positions, but are Stephens and Maloney adequate backups?
  •  RW/RM – Adomah has been the “shoe-in” option, but with a cloud over his future what are our options?  The flexibility of Downing, Fabbrini, Wildshut and Reach plus Stauni gives us options, but will AK go for someone else
  • LW/LM – ‘The options for this position are as good as it gets in this league - Downing, Fabbrini, Wildshut and Reach plus the unknown quantity of Stauni
  •  AM – Another position we are relatively comfortable in with Fabbrini and Downing, but with the option of Pena, Forshaw and Nugent who have all played behind  the Striker in the past
  • ST – We may not have got Rhodes, Gayle or Crouch – but Nugent has a proven track record in the Championship and Stauni has shown he can find the back of the net – but do we need another option? What kind of striker are we missing?

3)      Who needs a loan deal for game time?

• Fry is the obvious choice here, after a great debut he’s dropped down the pecking order and needs competitive game time. The kid looks an excellent prospect and has time on his hand.
  • Williams – do we send him out on loan to recover match fitness somewhere where the game is a bit slower and less aggressive?
  • Will AA stay or go?

4)      How many times will posters complain about ITK, Journo’s, and random rumours?

5)      Will KM survive the break? Will PP get the chance to visit another airport? How many time will they both use the word EXCLUSIVE!

Whatever happens during the Loan Window I think we should all be able to agree that we are in a much better position than that we were this time last year. 

So enjoy the thread and remember we are all Boro fans, so let’s Stay Calm and Support the Boro!

UTB!! 

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent opening post there, well done, but have you mentioned Wildschut at all? Can see him going out for a period

thanks, for now, I think a loan for Wildshut depends on AA - no denying Wildshut needs a loan and game time.  If we get a top RW in then hopefully the muted Swindon loan can go through

Let's get ready to rummmbbblleeeeeeee  :blush:

Didn't someone on the transfer thread mention they'd heard that Pritchard was a loan target of ours? Maybe if Adomah is finished here then if we could get Pritchard he would be the replacement.  Not like for like obviously but Downing and Stuani would play on the right hand side, Reach/De Pena/Downing on the left and Fabbrini and Pritchard through the middle?

Of our players I think it makes sense to get Wildschut out on loan somewhere just to see what he could do with regular game time. Same goes for Fry as Amorebieta, Woody and Stephens should provide enough cover now.  So get him out on loan for a month or two and see how he goes.  The other one I'd really like to see out on loan is Mejias.  I said last season that he should have been out with a League 2 or even League 1 club if possible as I think it could help him a lot.

Excellent opening post Maz, i mainly steered clear of the other thread but my 2 penneth for all its worth:

1. I hope the Albert situation can be resolved but i honestly think that AK doesn't rate him as much as we think and may be less inclined, can see him being shipped out on loan with a view to perm tfr.

2. Can see us dipping into the Chelsea/Spurs lucky dip for wide cover, especially if AA is out on a limb. Other than a serious injury to a key player i dont think there will be much, the squad is strong and good cover in most positions. Not keen on Husband out on loan, but George is just a machine and obviously never needs a rest

3. Fry - needs some proper game time at a League 1 club with a coach who knows his CB and he can develop (Cov anyone!!)

Wildshut - anywhere!! Somewhere like Rotherham or alike, see if he has got what it takes because i think that given a short loan and some confidence he will be more than just a quick runner with the ball.

Once fit i think Williams could do with it but i think AK would have no hesitation in throwing him in at RB/CM as cover.

Overall i agree the squad is very strong for the Champ and we will be right there with the front pack.

Keep an eye on Pritchard maybe given what VB said but I think out of all the ones we may need to look out for it's RW.

I hope we don't need to touch the loan window though, looking at tylergomez's post from the Starting 11 thread, we should be fine to leave it alone without injuries to key players and if Albert remains a member of the team.

We've got enough players, we have the same, proven defence and midfield as last season and we've spent a shed load of money on our attack, why would we bring in someone on loan to start ahead of any of them?

We've got 5 loan players already, all of them on a season long loan, unlike last year where the players that we loaned in were on much shorter contracts. If another loan player came in, that could seriously disrupt the squad and morale, with players knowing that even if they train well, there is no guarantee that they will even get on the bench.

With the strength that we have in the team, I can't see any probable loan player getting much game time so why would they want to come to us?

AK has his squad of 23, he won't want anyone else.