• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I never wanted him, We don't need him, Venkys wont sell him.

He was always a plan B to Nugent who was AK's Number 1 target in his first summer transfer window, Rhodes only came into the picture after Nugent re-signed for Leicester last summer. I honestly believe Karanka when he says that Nugent was our Number 1 transfer target, even more so having seen him play in our team.

Ok I'm sure your right. Just thought with him banging them in again and if we were say clear at the top but Nugent/Stuani got injured. Would Gibbo see it as so close to the prem that hey ho and take a gamble ? Just a thought.

I'd stick Stunai up top, he can play in any position. We might get a loan in, if that happens but we won't buy Rhodes. We can't afford him. And Kike was playing well until he got dropped so yes, I do have some faith in the lad.

I wouldn't want him for the price that he will cost as we already have good strikers. I'd be far more tempted at the prospect of Bamford returning on loan. I think we would be open to loaning Kike out to another Championship team if we manage to land Bamford.

Whilst I thought that Rhodes would have been perfect for us at the time, I really do think that Nugent is exactly what we need. He is clinical and works his socks off. Plus he has the experience of going up with Leicester which could be invaluable as the season goes on.

I rate Rhodes alot, but I think Nugent brings a balance and work ethic to our attack whereas Rhodes just scores. Nuge makes goals from his work, rather than Rhodes who gets the service.

Nope think we will go for him next summer if we go up as we won't be Blackburn's 'rival' then ;)

I definitely think we'll strengthen further in Jamuary though. SG will have learnt from last season and that season under Mowbray when we were flying and then only brought in Kieron Dyer :/ bringing in a fresh face or two will keep everyone on their toes. Names I think we should look at is Dwight Gayle (again), Kennedy from Chelsea and Pritchard

Totally forgot about Bamford anarl. He wasn't even in Palace squad on Sunday?

Don't forget, we've got Robbie Keane to come in January, so Rhodes wouldn't get anywhere near the starting line up. ;)

Don't know how him and Villa are going to fit in to be honest.