oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Huddersfield (A) 2-0

Middlesbrough vs Huddersfield

Date: Saturday 28th November

Kick Off: 15:00

Venue: John Smith's Stadium

Setting:

After two games against the newly relegated sides from the Prem, Boro are back in action against a struggling Huddersfield side who currently sit 21st in the championship. Earlier this month Huddersfield sacked Chris Powell and appointed former Borussia Dortmund coach David Wagner as their new head coach. Wagner has had a tough start to life in the championship with two losses and Boro will look to further pile on the misery. 

Recent Form:

Boro: WWWLW

Boro 1-0 QPR

Hull 3-0 Boro

Boro 1-0 Rotherham

Boro 3-0 Charlton

Man Utd 0-0p Boro

Huddersfield: LLDLL

Sheff Wed 3-1 Huddersfield

Huddersfield 0-3 Leeds

Reading 2-2 Huddersfield

Burnley 2-1 Huddersfield 

Huddersfield 1-2 Derby

Boro are undeniably in better form but must maintain their winning ways in order to keep up with the breakaway top 5 teams. The worry is that Huddersfiled will look to sit back and frustrate Boro who have had issues breaking down defensive teams. This is a game Boro are expected to win and must deliver.

What do the Bookies Say? 

Boro win: 10/11

Draw: 12/5

Huddersfield win: 3/1

*As of Wednesday 25th November. For live odds with Paddy Power, CLICK HERE.

View from the Other Side:

Unfortunately, there is no thread up on their forum. For reference:

http://downatthemac.proboards.com/board/6/talk-town

What Team I Would Like to See:

--------------- Mejias ---------------

- Kalas - Ayala - Gibson - Friend -

------- Clayton - Leadbetter -------

-- Adomah - Stuani - Downing --

-------------- Nugent ---------------

For the same reasons as last week, i'm sticking with Mejias in goal. The rest of the team picks itself really, we look better with Stuani on the pitch in my opinion and, away from home, Leadbetter and Clayton's more defensive shield is preferred. 

Predition:

I'm confidant in Boro's ability to win this game and am therefore going for a 2-0 away win with goals from Nugent and Adomah. 

Talking Points?

- Will Huddersfield look to shut up shop from the off?

- Do you think Boro will become a team that can more assertively find a way through defensive teams?

- Bang, Marry, Kill: Jessica Alba, Margot Robbie and Mila Kunis

#UTB

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Dimi, Nsue, Ayala, Gibson, Friend, Zuculini, Clayton, Stuani, Fabbrini, Downing, Nugent

Lets go for it, we can beat these surely. Ideally the front four interchanging and just ripping apart their defence. I hope Huddersfield have a go and don't sit back and try to frustrate us.

3-0 Downing Nugent Fabbrini.

Kill Jessica Alba, Bang Margot Robbie, Marry Mila Kunis

Meijas

Kalas    Ayala   Gibson   Friend

Zuchllini    Clayton

Stuani        Downing      De Pena

Nugent

Have a feeling he might mix it up a little bit, with a couple of changes

AK wont under estimate Hudders,but will be quietly confident of 3 points i think

Shame Forshaw in injured for this one  :(

Maybe Fry instead of Ayala because of the yellows (just a thought, dont shoot  :) )

Could be the perfect opportunity for De Pena to stretch his legs so to speak, and show

us what he can do with more space and time on the ball.

Boro 2-0   Stuani and Nugent

Seeing as though the other Huddersfield thread has been deleted, i'll ask the question again....

Can anyone familiar with Huddersfield recommend somewhere decent for a few beers before the game. We'll be arriving around 12 at Huddersfield station. Not interested in 'Boro' pubs...

Meijas

Kalas    Ayala   Gibson   Friend

Zuchllini    Clayton

Stuani        Downing      De Pena

Nugent

Have a feeling he might mix it up a little bit, with a couple of changes

AK wont under estimate Hudders,but will be quietly confident of 3 points i think

Shame Forshaw in injured for this one  :(

Maybe Fry instead of Ayala because of the yellows (just a thought, dont shoot  :) )

Could be the perfect opportunity for De Pena to stretch his legs so to speak, and show

us what he can do with more space and time on the ball.

Boro 2-0   Stuani and Nugent

Bugger off with Mejias! Other than that, i think that would be my side too.

Edit: I'd have Nsue in for Kalas if Stuani is starting wide right.

I got this quote from the Huddersfield forum regarding their new manager:

"When asked about fear of other teams with better players he said that he wasn't aware of other teams' strengths and said he would set-up with our strengths and let them worry about us."

Read more: http://downatthemac.proboards.com/thread/98743/new-beginning#ixzz3saMlkGgm

Hopefully he will not just sit back but actually try to play football which should play into our strenghts. Obviously his coaching team will have told him all about the Boro, but let's hope he wants to actually win the game.

-----------Dimi-------------

Nsue-Ayala-Gibbo-Friend

------Clayton-Zuculini-----

Stuani-Downing-De Pena

----------Nugent------------

Adomah didn't have the best of games last week so deserves to be dropped, but I suspect AK will play him on the left instead og CDP. It would be interesting to see Stuani and Nugent through the middle but I doubt that's going to happen.

We have to win this, so I'm going to go with a fairly routine 2-0 win after seeing off some early pressure from Huddersfield (there is no disregard for Huddersfield here, but I just think their new manager needs a wee bit more time to get the team right).

BD I think that same line up as well. I have a feeling there will be a game soon where we play

Adomah-Downing-de Pena

------------Stuani------------

just to throw the opposition off. Whether that will be this week or not I don't know.

Posted on another thread by our latest member Gandalfthegrey for the benefit of Humpty and others

I live in Huddersfield and will be at the game. As for pubs, plenty in the town centre,there are two Wetherspoons, a couple of trendy hipster type places towards the church. There are three real ale bars by the railway station. Head of Steam and The Kings Head. The Sportsman which is beyond the George Hotel (of rugby league fame). The best pub in Hudds is The Grove behind the new sports centre, this is a bit of a walk and is in the opposite direction to the stadium from the railway station, however if you like real ale and loads of choice it's worth a taxi ride. Nothing on Leeds Road on the way to the ground. A few closed down, including Ricky's recently. It was rough, sleazy and horrible. Plenty of good food places, best curry house is Shama on Bradford road. You have to bring cans as its dry. Not too far from the ground and opens fairly early.

Posted on another thread by our latest member Gandalfthegrey for the benefit of Humpty and others

I live in Huddersfield and will be at the game. As for pubs, plenty in the town centre,there are two Wetherspoons, a couple of trendy hipster type places towards the church. There are three real ale bars by the railway station. Head of Steam and The Kings Head. The Sportsman which is beyond the George Hotel (of rugby league fame). The best pub in Hudds is The Grove behind the new sports centre, this is a bit of a walk and is in the opposite direction to the stadium from the railway station, however if you like real ale and loads of choice it's worth a taxi ride. Nothing on Leeds Road on the way to the ground. A few closed down, including Ricky's recently. It was rough, sleazy and horrible. Plenty of good food places, best curry house is Shama on Bradford road. You have to bring cans as its dry. Not too far from the ground and opens fairly early.

Thanks Downsouth, I'm senile.

chance i might get to this one ,  first away match of the season for me (i usually only get to 2 or 3 at the most lol)  but my friend in bradford just rang and said if i could get up there to his place  his  next door neighbour has a spare ticket i can use  . from what i gathered it sounds like a season ticket in  a***st huddersfield fans but beggars cant be choosers ,  cant be bad  free overnight stay  chauffeur driven to and from Bradford  and a bit of banter in a***st thier fans , older generation from what i can make out   ,

do i dress in-cognito  or go for it  with my boro shirt mmmmm .