oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Blackburn 1-1

ATL6IYm.jpg

S1QTRCN.png

New signing Rhodes poses in front of Ayala and Dimi

Due to an accident by Boro-Unger, and my inability to back things up, the M/D thread opener is a little bare. So below is likely lineups, previous results and some opinions from the opposition on Rovers Talk. Also, prediction of score and FGS gest a +1. Happy guessing.

Boro: De Dimi, De Nsue, De Ayala, De Gibson, De Laet; De Clayton, De Leabitter; De Stuani, De Downing, De Adomah; De Rhodes

Blackburn: Steele, Marshall, Duffy, Hanley, Spurr; Bennett, Evans, Akpan, Conway; Gomez; Danny "Not Jordan Rhodes" Graham

Previously on BORO VS BLACKBURN: At the Riverside last season, some poor refereeing saw Boro lose their 1-0 lead, Karanka sent to the stands and Boro slip down the table to 5th. Last season both games against Blackburn ended in draws. Boro have, in all competitions ever, won 38 games against the Rovers, while Rovers have taken a whopping 57 wins. 34 games between the two clubs have ended in draws.

Opposition opinion

Rover The Top: [On their season ahead] "It's going to be a relegation scrap. It was always going to be tough after we started under embargo, and changing the manager was a big gamble that hasn't worked out yet. We've gone 7 games without a win and now we have a run of games where we play most of the sides who are looking for promotion. And of course, we've just sold our main goalscorer. I'm usually an optimist but I can't find any enthusiasm for the direction the club is heading in."

McTeeth: [On the transfer window] "Although a little older both Gomez and Graham have excellent experience in the Championship and we've been desperate for a creative midfielder and now have a very proven one."

Predictions

Stuart7Ripley4Ever: Boro 0-3 Blackburn

RoverDean: Boro 0-1 Blackburn

RoverTheTop: A Boro win, with Rhodes scoring

WacoRover: Boro 2-1 Blackburn

Thehatts: Boro 0-1 Blackburn

Talking points: How will the strikers for each team fare against their old clubs? Rhodes versus Graham.

• Replies 800
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I reckon 2:1 Boro but think Nugent will start up front with Rhodes on the bench.

Dimi

Nsue Aysla Gibson (hopefully) De Leat

Leadbitter Clayton

Stuani Downing Adomah

Nugent

I think Rhodes and Ramires will get 2nd half debuts but only see De Leat starting of the new buys.

Btw - hope we don't have any gentlemans agreement that Rhodes does not play against Blackburn

I would hope he is going to start with Rhodes. He will have had a few days on the training pitch to work on formations and tactics. As we have just paid a big fee for him, I think we will just let him loose because we need the 3 points.

Boro 2-0

Rhodes & Adomah to score

Dimi

Nsue Ayala Gibbo De laet

Leadbitter Clayton

Stuani Ramirez/Nugent Adomah

Rhodes

I think Gibbo is fit and will play, depending on how Gaston has been in training, him or Nugent behind Rhodes.

No downing Adam? I agree other than downing for Adomah.

Dimi

Nsue Ayala Gibbo De laet

Leadbitter Clayton

Stuani Ramirez Downing

Rhodes

Not for me mate no, i assume most people will have Downing in their side but for me he needs dropping after his performance against Forest. Some people will say he wasnt that bad, but he was, he was god awful, thats why he got the hook at half time. How often does that happen to a 'star player' ? Not very and it shows how poor he was. Also, he got dropped at Wolves and it seemed to spark him into life for a few weeks so maybe this could do the same.

Moving on from the Forest game though, i look at it and ask myself, who is more likely to score ? Who is more likely to grab an assist ? Adomah on both for me. Downing has also spat his dummy out a bit aswell when been moved to the left this year and doesnt track back like the other wingers, so if he doesnt want to play left, and he's not delivering through thee middle, he can sit on the bench.

If the next game was immediately after Forest, I could have maybe seen Downing dropped. Two weeks between games though, I doubt it.

Gibbo has struggled to get back, and even with 2 weeks without a game to recover through, I expect he will start on the bench.

I expect:

Dimi

Nsue Kalas Ayala De Laet

Clayton Leadbitter

Stuani Downing Adomah

Rhodes

Subs: Meijas, Gibson, Fry, Forshaw, Ramirez, Kike Sola, Nugent

Couple of disciplinary facts about the game, not sure if they come into effect immediately for MK Dons if they happen, but here they are:

Clayton, our highest fouler by some distance, is 1 booking away from a 2-game ban.

Stuani is 1 booking away from a 1-game ban.

Gibson is 1 booking away from a 1-game ban.

Not particularly for this match, but:

Grant is 2 bookings away from a 2-game ban.

Friend is 2 bookings away from a 1-game ban.

De Pena is 2 bookings away from a 1-game ban.

No downing Adam? I agree other than downing for Adomah.

Dimi

Nsue Ayala Gibbo De laet

Leadbitter Clayton

Stuani Ramirez Downing

Rhodes

Not for me mate no, i assume most people will have Downing in their side but for me he needs dropping after his performance against Forest. Some people will say he wasnt that bad, but he was, he was god awful, thats why he got the hook at half time. How often does that happen to a 'star player' ? Not very and it shows how poor he was. Also, he got dropped at Wolves and it seemed to spark him into life for a few weeks so maybe this could do the same.

Moving on from the Forest game though, i look at it and ask myself, who is more likely to score ? Who is more likely to grab an assist ? Adomah on both for me. Downing has also spat his dummy out a bit aswell when been moved to the left this year and doesnt track back like the other wingers, so if he doesnt want to play left, and he's not delivering through thee middle, he can sit on the bench.

If the next game was immediately after Forest, I could have maybe seen Downing dropped. Two weeks between games though, I doubt it.

Gibbo has struggled to get back, and even with 2 weeks without a game to recover through, I expect he will start on the bench.

I expect:

Dimi

Nsue Kalas Ayala De Laet

Clayton Leadbitter

Stuani Downing Adomah

Rhodes

Subs: Meijas, Gibson, Fry, Forshaw, Ramirez, Kike Sola, Nugent

Thats fair enough Adam, but I think as wilsoncgp says above, it is unlikely that Downing will be dropped as there is a two week break between matches. Does he deserve to start? Probably not. He was diabolical against Forest and deserved hauling off at half time.

Moving on to the Blackburn game, 2-0 FGS Stuani.

Looking forward to the weekend, hopefully we fill the riverside!

The 5 card deadline passed months ago Wilson, they need 10 cards for a ban now.

I'm quite confused here, I thought it was just cumulative across the season, I'm trying to look this up and all I can find is the FA website, not quite sure what it means regarding how many games you get banned for:

http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/suspensions

So does the 10 cards still count as a 2-game ban if it is before the cut-off point in March? Or if it's past the first cut-off point, then it is only a 1-game ban?

The 5 card deadline passed months ago Wilson, they need 10 cards for a ban now.

I'm quite confused here, I thought it was just cumulative across the season, I'm trying to look this up and all I can find is the FA website, not quite sure what it means regarding how many games you get banned for:

http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/suspensions

So does the 10 cards still count as a 2-game ban if it is before the cut-off point in March? Or if it's past the first cut-off point, then it is only a 1-game ban?

Still a 2 game ban

After the cut off point 5 games doesn't matter anymore, you just move on to the next limit, which is 10=2 games.

(pretty sure)

• Like 1