oneBoro Forum

Boro Attendances

Had a free half hour so I thought I'd have a look at boros attendances both home and away this season so far. Unfortunately I am now on my mobile but will upload the full table when I'm at a computer.

Safe to say this season has been a massive improvement at the riverside so far and as always, our away support is second to none. Just to give a few facts:

- average home attendance - 23560

- average away attendance at the riverside - 795

- average boro away attendance - 2324

- total attendance of away fans at the riverside - 13508

- total attendance of boro fans at away games - 44158

Highest attendance at the riverside - 32870

Highest away attendance at the riverside - 3008

Lowest attendance at the riverside - 19966

Lowest away attendance at the riverside - 149

Derby County are the only team so far to have brought more to the riverside than we have brought to them (and both home and away games were sold out to away fans so not much we could do about that).

With 6 home games and 4 away games left this season, a massive pat on the back to each and every one of the fans out there, including any away fan who has made the trip to the riverside. Fantastic effort and I'm sure there will be maximum support for the final 10!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Really? That's surprising, I thought it would be a lot lower than that.

That's incredible, on the coldest nights when getting to the ground after work will be difficult, that we still manage an attendance as high as that in recent times. Real testament that the support has been there from the stands this season.

Really? That's surprising, I thought it would be a lot lower than that.

That's incredible, on the coldest nights when getting to the ground after work will be difficult, that we still manage an attendance as high as that in recent times. Real testament that the support has been there from the stands this season.

Indeed. I remember it regularly got down to around 13k in the past few years.

Brilliant effort from all on Teesside this and with 6 games to go something nudging a seasonal average near to 25k is not impossible.

In tough times that really has to be applauded

Excellent support, footballs not cheap and not everyone can afford a season ticket, or to go to every game, some have to pick and chose.

Haven't been on here long, and we may not always agree on every issue, but the passion for the Boro on this forum is brilliant, every fan would go to the match if they could.

Excellent support, footballs not cheap and not everyone can afford a season ticket, or to go to every game, some have to pick and chose.

Haven't been on here long, and we may not always agree on every issue, but the passion for the Boro on this forum is brilliant, every fan would go to the match if they could.

I would absolutely kill to be a season ticket holder, I've wanted to be one since I was a kid. Seen some beauties at the Riverside a few years back like the UEFA Cup games, the 8-1 against City and one of my personal favourites, the 5-2 against Nuneaton Borough.

Still remember Gez Murphy who scored a hat-trick for Nuneaton over the 2 games and the bloke who they had in goal who was absolutely loving it, affectionately known in the New Holgate that day as 'Fatty'. 'Fatty for England', 'Fatty for Boro', 'Swap him for Schwarzer'. Oh, what a game that was. Just checked him up, turns out his surname was Acton which is precisely where I'm living now!

Miss going to games as a regular thing and want to be roaring the lads on every week but I've only lived in Boro for 1 out of the past 6 years and always worked on Matchdays when I was back there.

I would absolutely kill to be a season ticket holder, I've wanted to be one since I was a kid. Seen some beauties at the Riverside a few years back like the UEFA Cup games, the 8-1 against City and one of my personal favourites, the 5-2 against Nuneaton Borough.

Still remember Gez Murphy who scored a hat-trick for Nuneaton over the 2 games and the bloke who they had in goal who was absolutely loving it, affectionately known in the New Holgate that day as 'Fatty'. 'Fatty for England', 'Fatty for Boro', 'Swap him for Schwarzer'. Oh, what a game that was. Just checked him up, turns out his surname was Acton which is precisely where I'm living now!

Miss going to games as a regular thing and want to be roaring the lads on every week but I've only lived in Boro for 1 out of the past 6 years and always worked on Matchdays when I was back there.

8-1 City, Alves looked like a world beater that day,I thought we'd signed a world class striker.

8-1 City, Alves looked like a world beater that day,I thought we'd signed a world class striker.

It was in one of the last rounds though. I think his overall performances throughout the season more than testified he was *** for us.

Well done everyone.

I have enough trouble getting down the road some days but if I ever get better and come into some money, i'm moving nearer!

Always find the away support to be much louder than the home support from what I can hear.

It was in one of the last rounds though. I think his overall performances throughout the season more than testified he was *** for us.

It was his first half-season and he finished with a hat-trick. Imagine how many shirts that sold after that. Not for me though, I managed to get mine on the day. They were wearing next season's shirts that day and when I went in to get mine in the shop, they had one shirt left with his name on. It was a size too big. Got it and he bagged a hat-trick.

Needless to say, his 6 goals in that first half-season made people believe he could score goals with a full pre-season. He was never a world-beater at Heerenveen, he got in the right place at the right time and that's why he scored so many goals for them and I believe it was Malmo in Sweden. He was a good finisher.

Unfortunately, he lost his scoring touch and we went down. I'm surprised we got as much as £8m for him.

Massive well done to everyone, I remember a cold Tuesday night match against Millwall a few years back thinking to myself why am I still doing this? But its been worth it every bit of it and a massive well done to everyone and I bet there's a lot more passionate fans who listen on the radio week in week out so well done :D

Can I just mention lasts night support/attendance I thought for a Friday night game on tele it was amazing and when the goal went in at the end it sounded like almost double and I honestly seen people welling up.