oneBoro Forum

EG on it's last legs?

Just seen a thread on FMTTM regarding the Evening Gazette

Not living in the area and dependant on their web site I must admit being surprised about this possibility.

To all the local members, have you heard about this is there any mileage or credibility in what is circulating?

What's the news?

I think people have stopped reading the EG and instead are turning to PinkPonce to provide them the real news.

For the past year I've thought that my father was the only one still buying it, so it wouldn't surprise me.

Maybe they're just switching it online, didn't the Guardian do that recently because of poor paper sales?

I used to prefer it when it was an evening paper and a broadsheet, I miss the daily struggle of reading it laid on the floor and trying to keep the dogs from lying on top of it

it's part of trinity mirror - it won't go under, just go online i would imagine.

And most journo's are temp staff anyway so it doesn't matter if they go under, they'll just find a new paper to work for.

I just find the amount of spelling errors so cringeworthy - I mean, do they not proof read articles before going to print?

it's part of trinity mirror - it won't go under, just go online i would imagine.

And most journo's are temp staff anyway so it doesn't matter if they go under, they'll just find a new paper to work for.

I just find the amount of spelling errors so cringeworthy - I mean, do they not proof read articles before going to print?

totally correct in the first line, 

i was made redundant from the chronicle ,which is also owned by the trinity mirror group , last year, so redundancies wouldnt suprise me . the age of technology is sadly leaving people fighting to justify thier jobs in this industry. but i would imagine the journos, reporters and editors etc would be safe for now .it would be the warehouse staff most at risk initially.

the chronicle is actually printed at the gazette premises at the riverside hence the redundancies that i was affected by .  The reasoning behind which ,was to secure longer term security  haha .