oneBoro Forum

Fifa 2016 Sim - Middlesbrough vs Brighton

Hi all. Being a Fifa player, I thought it would be cool to sim a game to see what happens. Here's how it went!

BORO: Dimi, Friend, Gibson, Ayala, Nsue, Leadbitter, Clayton, Downing, Ramirez, Adomah, Rhodes.

BRIGHTON: Stockdale, Rosenior, Greer, Gouldson, Bruno, Skalak, Kayal, Stephens, Knockaert, Baldock, Hemed.

KICK OFF.

Early possession from Brighton leading to Knockaert coming in from the right slipping in Hemel but his shot from outside the box is wide.

Boro take short goal kick and pass the ball from defence and exchange the ball with Clayton. Nsue's run on the right is found by Adomah but after trying a flick to get past Rosenior he is dispossessed and Brighton switch play to the right.

A strong challenge by Leadbitter on Stephens catches the referee's eye but let's the advantage go on as Knockaert picks the ball up on the right. He drives inside and slides past Friend and Gibson before firing a shot wide of the right hand post. Goal kick.

Rosenior passes to Baldock who forwards to Hemed. Knockaert gets past Friend and finds the ball played in. A feisty shot brings a magnificent save from Dimi who parries the ball into the onrushing Baldock but his shot is well over the bar. A glaring miss and it should have been 1-0 Brighton.

A long goal kick finds Rhodes who heads down to Leadbitter. He finds Ramirez who's chipped ball into the path of Adomah gets headed into the Brighton box. Rhodes comes to collect but the referee flags for an Adomah offside.

A misplaced through ball from Rhodes half way up the pitch sees Brighton drive forward. It's three on three as Hemed and Baldock seek to gain an advantage of the defenders. Knockaert gets the ball on the right and plays a one-two on the edge of the ball to gain space. He finds Baldock on the penalty spot but Downing intercepts and gets the ball clear.

The ball comes back and Knockaert gets it again on the right. He drives past Friend seeking to get in a cross. As he attempts to cross, Friend recovers to get the ball clear.

Leadbitter receives the ball in the Boro half before playing a lovely through ball through to Downing who finds space on the right wing. As he drives down the line, he tries a cross but Gouldson does well and concedes a corner.

SUB - 35 mins - An injuried Nsue makes way for Ritchie DaLaet.

A Downing cross aims for the front post but Brighton clear. The ball falls to the sub Ritchie Da Laet who plays the ball out left to Friend. He plays a quick ball to Ramirez who finds Leadbitter but a slick tackle from Stephens recovers possession for the Seagulls.

A driving run from Stephens ends up in the attacking half of the Boro half before Boro defend to concede a throw in high up the pitch. A short throw and cross is blocked by Friend and the ball is eventually switched to the right where Adomah awaits in space. But the ball doesn't find him as Kayak does well to get in front of the winger.

Two minutes of added time is announced as Brighton end the half the stronger of the two. Hemed and Skalak exchanges passes outside the Boro box. He then finds Knockaert with a chip. A sensational touch by Knockaert knocks it over the head of Friend and a thunderous volley by Knockaert inside the area smashes off the top and over. An escape for Boro as the whistle blows for half time.

HALF TIME

BORO 0-0 BRIGHTON

Possession: 43% - 57%

Shots: 0-5

On target: 0-1

KICK OFF

Boro kick off and Downing picks up on the ball. He comes inside and delivers the ball to Boro captain Leadbitter. He drives forward and plays in Downing on the left who beats Bruno to the ball. His cross in nearly reaches the head of Rhodes but Greer gets up to the ball back into danger but Stockdale punches the ball out for a corner.

A Downing corner is aimed toward the front post and a diving Ayala fails to connect as Brighton clear the ball from their box. De Laet picks it up and gets it to Ramirez on the edge of the box. DE Laet overlaps and bides his time for runners getting into the box. His chipped ball finds Adomah for the volley but it's a lame effort and Stockdale collects comfortably. A decent chance for Boro.

A Stockdale clearance up the pitch falls to Hemed who finds Skalak on the left. He drives forward before DaLaet recovers and puts the ball out for a throw in.

SUB: Leadbitter comes off for Julian De Sart in a strange move for the Boro.

A cross from a short throw finds the head of Ayala who clears but only to Stephens who finds Baldock. He is driven out wide by Ayala but finds time to turn and cross but as a Brighton body comes in, Boro clear for a corner.

SUB - Brighton replace Bruno for Gaetan Bong.

From the resulting corner by Skalak, Dimi comes out and easily collects. He plays the ball but Rhodes is unable to get near it.

However Brighton lose possession and De Sat picks the ball up. Ramirez receives it and gives to Clayton but his attempted chipped ball to Adomah is found out by Rosenior.

A long ball up from Gaetan results in Boro regaining possession and Ramirez picks the ball up on the half way line. But he is easily dispossessed as he is surrounding by Brighton players.

Skalak finds space and beats Da Laet on the left wing. Baldock makes a darting run in front of Ayala and collects the ball on the edge of the box. He is pushed out wide and plays it back to Skalak. He finds Rosenior who is offered space just outside the Boro box. Ramirez intercepts the ball and plays it up to Rhodes who moves it left to Downing.

The ball remains in the Boro half as the defence move the ball around. A lovely lobbed passes finds Ramirez just inside in the Brighton box and he finds space beating Stephens. Adomah makes a run on the shoulder of the last defender but Ramirez is mid pace and is unable to pass as the opportunity passes Boro by. He is pushed out wide before losing the ball to Gouldson.

Stephens picks up the ball and engages in delightful interchanging play with Hemed and Kayal inside the Boro half. Skalak breaks on the left and receives the ball before Rosenior overlaps. But Da Laet puts pressure on him before the ball is forced back to the half way line.

Gaetan Bong gets the ball on the right for Brighton and plays a decent ball into the feet of Hemed who finds the run of Baldock just outside the box. However his shot is easy for Boro keeper Dimi to collect.

A long ball comes to nothing again as Brighton regain the ball in the Boro half. Kayal plays the ball to Baldock who's amazing touch outfoxes Ayala and he is one and one with Dimi just inside the Boro box. Dimi rushes out to narrow the angle. Baldock shoots with his left foot but Dimi saves the day for Boro as the ball goes out for a corner. What a let off for Boro.

SUB - Skalak is replaced by LuaLua on 84 minutes.

Knockaerts corner is met by the head of Baldock who cushions it down to Hemed on the penalty spot. His half volley is blocked by De Laet before he clears to Downing on the edge of the box.

He finds Ramirez and overlaps to receive the ball on the right. Rhodes is on the shoulder of the last defender up the line but Downings right footed ball is woeful and it goes out of play.

The Brighton throw falls into the Boro half with Kayal as Downing and Clayton pressurise him. He finally plays the ball to the feet of Hemed who cushiones down to Baldock but his shot is wide of the mark.

FULL TIME.

Boro 0-0 Brighton.

MIDDLESBROUGH ARE PROMOTED!!!

P.S. that was an uneventful game!

I used to like doing these things. Problem is it's AI up against AI, they nearly always cancel each other out these days because they regularly just play to the same strengths. At the hardest difficulty they're at their most defensively solid so all the clever things they might do to a human player when they make a mistake, they will never get much of a chance to try.

At their lowest difficulty, they barely know how to pass a ball. :D

An Football Manager simulation would be better but you need someone to set up the right environment to go into and play the match.

Boro are always rubbish on FM, like when you're not in control. Karanka gets sacked or leaves for a different job within the 1st season and after someone like Dean Smith comes in to do absolutely nothing, I *** you not, Grant Leadbitter takes over as player-manager and gets them playing well. :D

On the next sim Brighton won 1-0 so I got frustrated and played it and won 2-0. Haha

When I played it I won 3-0, therefore that means in reality we're going to win 5-0.

I mean, it's just maths.

I got the same result when I simmed it, FIFA is nothing if not consistent.

Welcome to the forum by the way, long time lurker or have you just found us? :)

On the next sim Brighton won 1-0 so I got frustrated and played it and won 2-0. Haha

When I played it I won 3-0, therefore that means in reality we're going to win 5-0.

I mean, it's just maths.

You called it, sir!