• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

:D Why Don't we say we found him floating in a boat off Redcar scar problem solved.

Because if we play one of pre season games against Hartlepool like we usually do, they'll hang him :D

Ramirez fits the system, he works with the players we already have, not really sure what's not to be happy about tbh.

If he was with us for the full season and had played like that throughout, he would have give Clayton a big run for his money in terms of most people's player of the year. Really, really hope we pull it off.

I'm not as happy about ramires as some

I've just been having a similar sort of 'debate' about championship form v premiership form and although he looked very good for us and had that creative spark but he has been a flop in the Premiership - which as some people on here don't seem to realize is a completely different ball game all together. I am indifferent to him signing and would much prefer Preat orZiyech - someone of that nature to come in - I'm pretty pleased with Fischer though.

:D Why Don't we say we found him floating in a boat off Redcar scar problem solved.

Because if we play one of pre season games against Hartlepool like we usually do, they'll hang him :D

That is brilliant. Love the monkey hanger story.

Ramirez scored 7 and assisted 4 in 18 games for us last season. If he played all 46 league games for us with the same ratios he'd have finished the season with 18 goals and 10 assists. The stats are apparently completely meaningless because they're in the championship.

I've just been having a similar sort of 'debate' about championship form v premiership form and although he looked very good for us and had that creative spark but he has been a flop in the Premiership - which as some people on here don't seem to realize is a completely different ball game all together. I am indifferent to him signing and would much prefer Preat orZiyech - someone of that nature to come in - I'm pretty pleased with Fischer though.

It's important to keep some sort of stability within the squad and Ramirez knows the team, tactics and what it takes to play under AK. But he needs to only play the number 10 position. That is important and as he is free, or whatever the arrangement, I'm pretty sure we are going to bring in another player for the attacking midfield spot. Unless downing is the second no 10 and we bring in one or two extra quality wingers.

Ramirez scored 7 and assisted 4 in 18 games for us last season. If he played all 46 league games for us with the same ratios he'd have finished the season with 18 goals and 10 assists. The stats are apparently completely meaningless because they're in the championship.

Yep I realise the stats but I'm still not convinced he'd do it in the prem

Great stats and not meaningless at all, I love Gaston and hope he comes here and does it again for us but I also can understand why some people aren't as excited as others.

People really should go back and watch Ramirez when he was playing for Southampton at the very beginning, in the Premier League. Back when he had a manager who actually believed in him, albeit still didn't play him in the hole behind a striker, like no manager has ever really done barring Karanka during his time in England. He was one of the best players in that team at the time, alongside Lallana and Lambert.

What's happened since has got to make Southampton believe he is a financial flop because he's not played enough games to justify £12m. But a flop altogether is going a bit far. His one chance elsewhere was to go to Hull, in a team which still refused to play him in his best position and stuck him out on the right.

Why would some prefer Praet or Ziyech? On what basis? That they look exciting in other leagues?

People really should go back and watch Ramirez when he was playing for Southampton at the very beginning, in the Premier League. Back when he had a manager who actually believed in him, albeit still didn't play him in the hole behind a striker, like no manager has ever really done barring Karanka during his time in England. He was one of the best players in that team at the time, alongside Lallana and Lambert.

What's happened since has got to make Southampton believe he is a financial flop because he's not played enough games to justify £12m. But a flop altogether is going a bit far. His one chance elsewhere was to go to Hull, in a team which still refused to play him in his best position and stuck him out on the right.

Why would some prefer Praet or Ziyech? On what basis? That they look exciting in other leagues?

Well we'll see won't we if he signs. It's all down to opinions and mine is I'm not sure he will cut it