oneBoro Forum

M/D thread volunteers

Well at last the time has come to start planning for the PL in terms of match day threads and those who want to delight us with their premier skills in the preparation of our much beloved forum threads.

Ok the threads do take on a life of their own but they were hugely popular last season in terms of views, posts and comments and also possibly the best in terms of preparation and I have no doubt that our first season in the Premiership will be as equally if not better than our promotion season.

Last season was possibly the best in terms of interaction with opposition fans visiting the forum and must say it is great that a number of individuals from different Championship teams have remained with us and still add a few thoughts and comments along the way. But we now have a whole host of potential new visitors to the forum who are used to PL football and other club forums  so I hope that when they do they will like the way we prepare for the games on oneBoro and will get themselves involved before, during and after the game.

The downside (if there is a downside) is that there will not be as many games as normal to prepare for but thankfully there should be plenty of time to produce the match day thread so that the opening post can be interesting and entertaining as many have been in the past, basically let us always have a work of art in the production each and every time.

Would like any thoughts comments from members regarding this and ideas about what you might like to see added on to the match day thread, (the ratings that boro_unger started last season comes to mind as well as video clips of the game added as soon as possible)

Personally I like having the whole experience of a particular game under one umbrella so to speak instead of loads of different threads on the same subject.

With regards to the formatting should we keep what we are used to ie Boro V Whoever for a home game ( with inserts if a cup game) and Boro V Whoever (A) for an away game (with inserts for a cup game) or should we start using Whoever V Boro?, indeed we will go with the consensus of opinion of the members in this matter.

As you are aware the author of the opening post stays on should the Boro win the author only changing should we lose or draw a game but due to not so many games should we change this aspect of the M/D thread? Personally I hope that the way we have been doing this continues.

Now then who indeed wants to volunteer, who are going to be the lucky omens and who will simply flirt and pass by quickly in terms of the number of threads prepared?

Last season finished with a draw so sadly MMC does not have the opportunity to prepare the first Premiership match thread but I have been approached already by a member asking if he could start the season rolling and as it is such good news to be in the PL it is very apt that this season's opening match day thread will be prepared by Boro Badger with his headlines and the clever way he produces his threads, I am assured that it will be bigger and better than we have seen in the past and maybe his rewards in sweets might improve!! :)

So if you feel that you can do justice to the forum in terms of preparing the match experience then let's hear from you and the order will be as to whom volunteers on this thread.

I will ensure that reminders are sent to those who volunteer so they have sufficient time to prepare and as I do not think we will have as many winning runs as last season then those who do volunteer should get in touch if they can not do it due to circumstances in order that I can move onto the next person.

Looking for at least 10 brave souls with a limit of 15 and please remember that if you do volunteer then you accept some decent preparation and content is put into the opening posts.

Well that makes me feel somewhat better as the season is slowly but surely creeping up on us :D

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

On a side note I have to say i didn't do the slot in the programme justice last season. I just didn't have enough time to devote to it. I don't know if OneBoro want to see if Boro will accept any other writer from OneBoro to take up the slot next season. They are quite specific in what they allow mind...have to toe the line.

I'll carry on as well. Hopefully will get to explore the multimedia side of things a bit more as well down the line.

On the one hand id like to see the person with the longest winning streak from last season start, but on the other hand BOROBADGER!

Happy with the current format, but ill leave the content to our more talented writers

Not really related to match day threads as such but I like the idea of doing the player ratings for every game and giving an award to the player with the highest average over a season and the player with the single highest performance (tiebreaker could be number of voters that week?)

Good idea chip.

Count me in for the match day thread. Hopefully get another record :)

What an honour - thanks DS!

I have 44 days to prepare so it really better be good... This is the Premiership so the pressure is on!

I want a page 3 in your paper this season...