oneBoro Forum

Jordan "Jock" Rhodes.

I am really worried with what I have been reading from you guys regarding Jordan, from a Boro sake but mostly a Scottish worry too.

What has happened to him since signing for you?

We (Scotland) had high hopes for him but tbh, he isn't getting a start with you guys but he WILL no doubt get called up by Strachan tomorrow.

Strachan usually starts with players that get regular starts at their club so it'll be Steven Fletcher up front for us with maybe Griffiths and McCormack coming off the bench so Jordan will be a squad player for both the Malta and Lithuania games coming up in a fortnight.

So, its up to Jordan now, does he stick around at Boro and risk being just a Scotland squad player or does he go to a club that plays him, therefore increasing his chance of game time with Scotland.

To be frankly honest, he's lucky that he even gets picked but I'm glad he does, I support anybody that pulls on the Scotland jersey, even if English born.

Sorry for posting about your country's arch enemies lol but, I had to.

For the banter (no rude replies please), Scotland MUST beat England, its been 16 very long years since we last did beat you lads, closest being the one Lambert broke my heart in, it was 2-3, we were ahead once, maybe twice and was at Hampden, not sure what year though ???.

Last meeting we scored a good goal in a 1-3 loss, Andy Robertson scoring but that's all I can and want to remember ????????.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Welcome to the forum CS.

In short no one really knows what's going on with JR. He could start for us in the cup mid week and nail down a squad place but that's as far as it goes in my opinion. It's clear that Negrado is our nailed on No1 striker which is a shame for him as he did well pre season scoring 5 goals which was more than Negrado and Nugent put together. The worrying thing is that he hasn't even been brought on as a sub this season when Negrado was clearly flagging and didn't even make the bench yesterday but that could've been because of family issues as his grandad passed. Away last week.

There is also talk that he and Karanka don't get on as he may not have been his signing.

If he really want to start for your lot it would be best if two things happened

1) Move to a club where he'll be number one choice

2) Actually be Frickin Scottish :P

"Your lot", poor choice of words ????.

You would do well to sign a few Scots lol or appoint a Scottish gaffer, its about time the English leagues had more Scottish gaffers and players ?.

Andrew Robertson a good young player as is John McGinn and Ollie Burke, future looking good for " us lot ", its also time to start making European championships and world cups, starting with 2018.

You would do well to sign a few Scots lol or appoint a Scottish gaffer, its about time the English leagues had more Scottish gaffers and players ?.

Andrew Robertson a good young player as is John McGinn and Ollie Burke, future looking good for " us lot ", its also time to start making European championships and world cups, starting with 2018.

We tried that once, didnt work out too well haha

The last time we hired a Scottish gaffer who brought in Scottish players, he destroyed our finances and nearly sent us tumbling down to League One. So no thank you!

"Your lot", poor choice of words???

I honestly meant no offence but could you explain what I did wrong there please

Are you seriously offended over "your lot"? Your lot as in the Scots and the Scottish team.

Wow.

And I seriously hope we never touch another Scottish manager ever thanks.

The last time we hired a Scottish gaffer who brought in Scottish players, he destroyed our finances and nearly sent us tumbling down to League One. So no thank you!

I'm sure your not refusing all Scottish players in the future just because of strachan. :)

I'm sure your not refusing all Scottish players in the future just because of strachan. :)

If it meant wiping Strachan's time at the club from the record, I'd give it some serious consideration. :D

The whole Jordan Rhodes thing seems weird. Hopefully there is some other explanation, but it's odd that he wasn't even on the bench yesterday. He scored five goals in pre-season, and seemed to be doing really well. I for one am disappointed that he hasn't played yet.

People talk about Karanka not liking JR because he wasn't Karanka's signing. I guess no one knows that. I just hope it's not the case.... it would seem to be a sign of some pretty big personal flaws on Karanka's behalf if that was the case.

The whole Jordan Rhodes thing seems weird. Hopefully there is some other explanation, but it's odd that he wasn't even on the bench yesterday. He scored five goals in pre-season, and seemed to be doing really well. I for one am disappointed that he hasn't played yet.

People talk about Karanka not liking JR because he wasn't Karanka's signing. I guess no one knows that. I just hope it's not the case.... it would seem to be a sign of some pretty big personal flaws on Karanka's behalf if that was the case.

Don't think that's the case, he played the majority of our games in the second half of last season.

Don't think that's the case, he played the majority of our games in the second half of last season.

Indeed. And he played in all of our pre-season games. I was merely picking up on what others had said about Karanka not liking him. I certainly hope it's not the case.

It's still really strange that Rhodes wasn't even on the bench yesterday though. If it was anything to do with personal issues, or his grandad dying, that would have been the easiest thing in the world for Karanka to mention in an interview..... makes me think that there must be more to it.

Well, Jordan Rhides is NOT in the Scotland team, our strikers are Griffiths, Chris Martin, S. Fletcher and Steve Naismith.

By the way, I was being sarcastic when I said what I said regarding the "your lot" quote lol.

Strachan didn't destroy our finances, they were 'destroyed' long before he ever became manager.