oneBoro Forum

Negativity amongst Boro fans

What on earth is going on? Ok I'll admit, I'm not exactly an angel, I've tried to cave it in since the Charlton debacle but I can't believe the negativity going around already this season.

Fans slating Guzan before he's even kicked a ball which carried on during the game at Sunderland and tonight, fans moaning at tonight's result even though we know for a fact the cup isn't our priority. And just in general, fans moaning after positive results against Stoke and Sunderland. Do we suddenly think we should be beating everyone?

Aitor has mentioned this negative atmosphere before, and I'm afraid to say he's bang on. A win at West Brom would cap off an excellent start to the season. We should be enjoying our return to the Premier League, not dreading it. Get behind the club!

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

What negativity? :huh:

Let's start first with Guzan. Would anyone have realistically said "I'd take Brad Guzan for our #1" before Valdes came along? Pretty sure a lot were saying they were only happy with it because they knew Valdes would be #1.

Negativity during the Sunderland game? We started poorly, that's as much negativity I can recall from that game.

Who the hell was 'moaning' after the Stoke and Sunderland games? Have I been on a different forum? I certainly don't think we should be beating everyone and pretty sure no-one on here thinks so too.

We've had a few closed threads tonight already, I think this one can be added in for good measure...

We've had a few closed threads tonight already, I think this one can be added in for good measure...

Regardless of my opinion on the op, asking for the thread to be closed because you disagree is ridiculous.

What negativity? :huh:

Let's start first with Guzan. Would anyone have realistically said "I'd take Brad Guzan for our #1" before Valdes came along? Pretty sure a lot were saying they were only happy with it because they knew Valdes would be #1.

Negativity during the Sunderland game? We started poorly, that's as much negativity I can recall from that game.

Who the hell was 'moaning' after the Stoke and Sunderland games? Have I been on a different forum? I certainly don't think we should be beating everyone and pretty sure no-one on here thinks so too.

Not many fans wanted Guzan which I understand but to then call him names and curse him because he starts ahead of Dimi is a bit pathetic if you ask me.

And there was definitely negativity around after the Stoke result.

What negativity?  :huh:

Not many fans wanted Guzan which I understand but to then call him names and curse him because he starts ahead of Dimi is a bit pathetic if you ask me.

Negativity is the wrong word, but fans are concerned to say the least.

Regardless of my opinion on the op, asking for the thread to be closed because you disagree is ridiculous.

:-/ If I must clarify, that comment was entirely tongue in cheek...

Can you actually prove either of those things? I haven't seen any name-calling about Guzan or negativity from after the Stoke result that wasn't just critical observation being treated as negativity.

Negativity is the wrong word, but fans are concerned to say the least.

I get the concerns with regards to fitness but we've handled it well so far. We more than matched Stoke for the 90 minutes and despite all the huffing and puffing from Sunderland we came though it.

Hi KM perhaps you can help me with something? I need to know the answer to the following question:

What's gone wrong and what needs to change?

Thanks in advance, your good friend, CT.

Hi KM perhaps you can help me with something? I need to know the answer to the following question:

I've got a book out on that, I'll see if I can find it. :D

You've made my night with that post, I'm actually Pmsl

Plenty to be positive about we are building the strongest group of defenders in the clubs history when they're all fit and we have Alvaro Negredo up front with Gaston our best no.10 since TLF.

Problem comes when we start getting Victor Valdes and defenders injured exposing Baptiste and Guzan to the Premier League in our lineup. Oh that and we have casual Albert walking the touchline like a linesman although that might be unfair to modern linesman they do move at a fair pace these days.

We have a strong core, when they're fit, it's just a couple of glaring issues alot of us get a bit edgy about but no there is a bunch of positives for us to look forward to, that doesn't mean to say there's not problems though.

Hi KM perhaps you can help me with something?  I need to know the answer to the following question:

Did you pick up a hobby whilst you were away, CT? You've come back like such a cheeky chappy, a lot chirpier than usual. :D