oneBoro Forum

Boro on FIFA 17

Obviously this wont appeal to everyone, however, for those who play FIFA and are getting the new FIFA game you might be interested to know that Boro have a starting transfer budget of £26.622, 128.

With the new manager mode, clubs also have board expectations in 5 different categories. These are; Domestic Success (very low), Continental success (very low), Brand Exposure (medium), Financial (low) and Youth Development (high). Boro's expectations are in the brackets above.

In comparison, ***nal have (£95 mil), West Ham (£63 mil), West Brom (£29 mil), Watford (£26 mil), Swansea (£32 mil), Sunderland (£29 mil), Stoke (£36 mil), Spurs (£68 mil), Southampton (£38 mil), Man Utd (£122 mil).

I can't wait to play with Boro at the Riverside Stadium and see Karanka on the touch line!

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

This year's FIFA has all the makings of being brilliant, if for nothing more than being a Boro fan.

I'm really looking forward to giving The Journey mode a go. Just before they announced it, I'd been arguing in the middle of some FIFA vs. PES debate about how FIFA is dying out for something new and something to make the offline modes more attractive. This mode is a huuuuuuuge step forward in that direction and if it hits it off with fans, it will (surely) be further invested into, which goes towards making a more customisable system.

I hate Fifa for degrading the online possibilities since 14. Before that it was possible to play 2v2 online with 4 friends on four separate xboxes. I used to do that alot as I find it exptremely unfulfilling to play against the AI. Before 14 you could just invite your xbox live party to a game and hey presto it was a 2v2 match. They even had online forums where people were looking for 3v3, 4-4 games etc. It was so much better. Douchebags.

I hate Fifa for degrading the online possibilities since 14. Before that it was possible to play 2v2 online with 4 friends on four separate xboxes. I used to do that alot as I find it exptremely unfulfilling to play against the AI. Before 14 you could just invite your xbox live party to a game and hey presto it was a 2v2 match. They even had online forums where people were looking for 3v3, 4-4 games etc. It was so much better. Douchebags.

Agreed with all of this, I also cant stand the whole Ultimate team premise.. I'll still buy this though and the Xbox One to go with it lol

I used to love Lounge Mode, no idea why they got rid of that. As a student at the time that's all we did.

When are the Boro team's ratings out? I think we will be midly surprised by our new ratings. Negredo or Valdes to be the top rated one though

I've seen th boro beta ratings... If they stay as they are you'll be mildly surprised in a disappointed way with several of our first 11

Yeah i've seen those too. if i'm not mistaken, they are also the ratings the players were at the end of last season? I'm hoping they will be updated as Friend's and Gibson's stats are so much lower than they should be.

I'm sure I seen Gibson was in the 70s this time. How Friend still hasn't been put at least at 75 is beyond me. Pretty sure Ayala is now, though. Great testament to his improvement as he was a 68 2 years ago.

I really like the Ultimate Team premise now. It's nowhere near as bad as some pay-to-win games, mostly through the fact that you cannot pay to win. It got 10 times better when they got rid of players having favoured formations (I hope they fired whoever thought that was a good idea to begin with).

One thing with the market that bugs me is that they try and shut down any 'tactics' that are used to earn coins which can surely only be seen as a method of pushing people towards spending money. If people are going to be stupid enough to put cards up at low buy now prices, let people snipe them without saying they're searching too often. If people want to literally pay for coins and others want to earn them and sell them, let them. They will no doubt re-invest that money back into FIFA points to buy packs anyway, certainly the Twitchers / YouTubers do.

PS4 is my console of choice, but I only really stick to manager mode and Online seasons.

I like Ultimate team but I see so many people waste money on packs for better players, when they're just bad at the game! Ironically having a better team decreases your chance of winning as fifa will always make you lose your advantage and even up the sideS during the game.

The ratings are always off for us in my opinion. Adomah was our highest rated at 74! (Without Negredo and Valdes).