oneBoro Forum

The future of Subotic

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/middlesbrough-fc-summer-transfer-target-11852996

Very interesting article about our "nearly man" and I feel that he would have been a Boro player had circumstances been different.

In no way am I starting a January transfer window thread but purely on one individual who it seems will be possibly available and less than the original £10 million first mentioned.

Should Boro go back in for him or not, depending on his return to full fitness.

If he does manage that and ok he is a defender then perhaps it will be a good buy for the club and yes I am aware of what may be needed around the January period.

I don't think we need him just for the sake of it being him now. Maybe next season, or if we suffer a major injury before January, but we currently have Ayala, Gibson, Espinosa, Chambers and Barragan.

If you've got the option to take a player of his calibre on a good deal it's worth it. Even for 10 mil it's a small gamble should we stay up and a small out lay.

I have a feeling that defensively we will be sound this season. Ayala, Gibson, Espinosa and Barragan should keep us good.

I'm still unconvinced attack wise so I'd rather the money be spent there in January if needed.

If you've got the option to take a player of his calibre on a good deal it's worth it. Even for 10 mil it's a small gamble should we stay up and a small out lay.

I have a feeling that defensively we will be sound this season. Ayala, Gibson, Espinosa and Barragan should keep us good.

I'm still unconvinced attack wise so I'd rather the money be spent there in January if needed.

I'm not sure how £10 mill could be considered a small gamble, even for subotic. It's still a massive chunk of our budget and would make any player our forth most expensive signing ever

I'm not sure how £10 mill could be considered a small gamble, even for subotic. It's still a massive chunk of our budget and would make any player our forth most expensive signing ever

I guess in context if it keeps us up and nets us another 100m or whatever then yeah it'd probably count as a small gamble

Guess it depends how you look at it.