• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Good draw for us, I reckon. Be interesting to see if Rhodes plays in THAT one, given its one of a few possible destinations for him. I reckon it'll be Nugent (or going by tonight's squad, Stuani) who will be in Negredo's place, though. That is if we aren't going to play a full-strength side.

Given Aitor's comments about the EFL Cup after we went out, I guess it would be a shock to see us drop any players for it because of it being a cup game. It's clearly a route Mr. Gibson sees as the most feasible for getting back where he wants the club to be.

Good draw for us, I reckon. Be interesting to see if Rhodes plays in THAT one, given its one of a few possible destinations for him. I reckon it'll be Nugent (or going by tonight's squad, Stuani) who will be in Negredo's place, though. That is if we aren't going to play a full-strength side.

Given Aitor's comments about the EFL Cup after we went out, I guess it would be a shock to see us drop any players for it because of it being a cup game. It's clearly a route Mr. Gibson sees as the most feasible for getting back where he wants the club to be.

The difference is that FA cup games are played at weekends, rather than midweek like the EFL cup. There is no need to rest players for FA cup games, we ought to be looking at a good cup run.

The difference is that FA cup games are played at weekends, rather than midweek like the EFL cup. There is no need to rest players for FA cup games, we ought to be looking at a good cup run.

Whilst that is true, we do have a couple of players who I'd expect to come in for the game. Either or both of Ayala and Espinosa, Leadbitter, Stuani, that's just to say the least. We have players in our ranks who I'd argue are going nowhere and desperately need game time to show us what they can do if they're sticking around. Thinking of one man in particular and that's Julien De Sart. Definitely doesn't seem to be anyone jumping out for his signature but he's supposedly meant to be a player for this division.

Potential banana peel this one. As has been said at least it's a home game. We have some strong players that can come in for some gametime ie Guzan, Espinosa, Ayala, Leadbitter, Fischer, Downing, Stuani, Nugent, Rhodes. Plenty of players that should be good enough to perform against a championship side.

Rhodes will probably be gone and they won't want to cup tie him. I'll be surprised if he plays.

Looking at our line up against Burnley last year:

Mejias, Kalas, Amorebieta, Ayala, Friend, Forshaw, Clayton, Adomah, De Pena, Fabbrini, Nugent

Really, Friend, Ayala, Clayton and Nugent and Adomah were first teamers at that time. Nugent doesn't really count because he'd just come back from a 3 game ban, so it was actually Kike getting rested, and Friend doesn't count either as we had no backup left back. So we only really had three first team players in the XI, but on the flipside two of them, Clayton and Ayala were our best two players last season. That might give a hint as to the sort of lineup Aitor will go with against Wednesday.