oneBoro Forum

Karanka has criticised the fans after West Ham defeat

AK has had a pop at the fans following the defeat against West Ham

@SimonBird_

Aitor Karanka moaning that the Riverside crowd were too demanding and should have showed players "more respect". Crazy thing to say.#boro

@SimonBird_

Aitor Karanka moaning that the Riverside crowd were too demanding and should have showed players "more respect". Crazy thing to say.#boro

@dpcoverdale

Karanka says the "atmosphere was awful" today and that #boro fans have a "small memory".

One way of losing the fans is to start criticizing them

@GraemeBailey

Boro boss Aitor Karanka slams his own fans: "The atmosphere was awful. They demanded too much. Thousands asking for long balls." Bizarre.

@GraemeBailey

Just to clarify Karanka's quotes - Boro's fan were brilliant today, as they have been all season. Disgusting comments.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Playing that sort of football for 3 years, what does he expect the atmosphere to be like?

We are bored watching this side week after week

I didn't think the football today was anything like last week

I would like to say in the south stand today block 64 we had fans arguing with each other! Some fans want us to play open and expansive football, that's not our style and we don't have the players to do that! It was a strange atmosphere today as Adama splits people as he can be frustrating to watch! Stuani the normal boo boy had a good game just like against Watford! This season has seen us gain a lot of what I class as plastic fans that weren't watching us against Bolton at the riverside 4 seasons ago! Which has also created this strange atmosphere

Well I've got to say I'm shocked that Graeme Bailey is trying to stir the pot, he's usually so unbiased about Karanka...

I think this has got lost in translation a. Bit. I think what he meant to say was. I coach the team all week to play a certain way and due to pressure from the crowd we played a completely different way in the last 10 mins and I think the crowd have to buy into what we do and back the way we play

"Slaven Bilic felt the Riverside atmosphere was no different to any other Premier League stadium as he was asked for his take on Aitor Karanka's post-match comments.

Bilic says home fans can often be demanding but didn't notice the "awful atmosphere" which Aitor Karanka felt hindered his side in the game against the Hammers"

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/slaven-bilic-riverside-atmosphere-well-12488713