• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Valdes, Chambers and Fabio, unsurprisingly the defensive recruitment.

Valdes has to be the best though. Much, much better signing than I thought he would be. He's had his moments of madness and I think he showed in the game against Everton precisely why I was so annoyed with the risk he took at Spurs. Would Guzan/Dimi have made those saves? Maybe they would have but I've got much more confidence in Valdes.

On the flip side, Fischer was probably the worst. We've gone through a full January transfer window effectively trying to replace him. He looked anonymous from the first game I saw him in, which was against Sociedad. I'm not even sure if it's just that he is not good enough or if we just can't figure out how best to use him. Regardless of the answer to that question though, it was poor recruiting him if he's actually crap or if we had no idea where he was going to fit. He just can't seem to grab a game by the scruff of the neck, he had plenty of chances to show us what he can do against Accrington and failed. He doesn't look like a winger, he doesn't look like a midfielder and he doesn't look like a lone striker. So where does he fit? Nowhere.

In all seriousness:

1 - Valdes

2 - Chambers

3 - Fabio

That'd be my top 3. I'm encouraged by elements of De Roon's game which are starting to develop, but there's considerable room for improvement. He's struggled with the increased speed of the game here compared to Serie A, but has shown some encouraging signs that he could be a good signing given time.

I think in the summer we made some good signings, picking the best one is difficult you could make an argument for 5 of them. Negredo without his goals wed probably be in the relegation zone, Valdes for proving doubters and Man U wrong, Gaston has been influential this season and our bright spark going forward, Barragan has been so solid this season and Troare frustrates me but excites me he is the one that long term could be our best signing this season.

Valdés might be the best keeper I've personally seen in a Boro shirt. He inches out the big Aussie in my books, talent wise at least. And I bloody love Fab.

Traore looks like I good find and Negredo has done a very good job in the role he has been given to play.

For me, it has to be Valdés or Ramirez. Both so talented and really make the difference for us at each end of the pitch. Gaston has spoilt it a bit with January but he has the ability score or creates the goals to keep us up, just as Valdés has the ability to stop the goals that will keep us up.

Valdes all day every day, the guy has been world class. Think he's statistically one of the best keepers in the league this year (too lazy to back that up right now though so feel free to prove me wrong if you want :P )

Traore & Fabio are tied 2nd because I love them both. Fabio is just like..wind him up and watch him go.

Traore has already improved tremendously IMO, I know he's essentially still "run really fast" but he looks a totally different player to Traore of August.