Boro linked with Championship forward with 11 goals this season
Middlesbrough FC have again been linked with a move for the Charlton Athletic striker, according to reports.
Charlton Athletic striker, Lyle Taylor, has again been linked with a move to Middlesbrough FC.
The 30-year-old had been linked with a move to Boro in August 2019, when Boro attempted to hijack a proposed £3 million transfer for Taylor from Charlton to Brentford.
When the move broke down between the two parties Boro remained hopeful of securing the services of the striker ahead of the transfer deadline day.
Taylor has been a key player for Charlton Athletic but finds himself out of contract in the summer.
According to reports, Boro face competition from Premier League sides Burnley, Crystal Palace and Bournemouth. Championship clubs Stoke City and Preston North End are also keen on the Montserrat international.
Charlton manager Lee Bowyer told Sky Sports that he has accepted he will loose the player in the summer.
"There are so many different hurdles. It's hard, and not just for us but other clubs. We’ve got Lyle Taylor and his contract finishes on June 30," Bowyer told Sky Sports.
"He'll probably go somewhere else and will earn more money than he's got in his career. It could make him for the rest of his life."
"He's our main striker and his goals win us games. As a free agent he'll be getting good offers, and whatever he gets he deserves. He's done really well for us but that’s the reality of the situation."
- Cardiff City boss reveals reason behind rejecting Boro bid for defender
- Middlesbrough join Blackburn Rovers in the race for winger
Taylor joined Charlton Athletic in 2018 from Wimbledon and has reached double figures in both campaigns for the Addicks.