oneBoro Forum

The Games Industry

Rather than hijack other threads (I am guilty as charged) to discuss video and computer games I have set this up as a sticky away from the members section.

Any discussions about FM,COD,Fifa etc should be posted on here please.

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

For anybody that wants to keep upto date with what is going on in the games industry then I would suggest you use these 2 websites.

www.mcvuk.com

www.gamesindustry.biz

They are the trade bibles when it comes to news on what is happening as they are both very well connected and they do publish great interviews,inside information etc.

Apologies for starting it in the Bates thread! =] Will be able to vent my annoyance at people rage quitting on Fifa when you're demolishing them. Swear you should get points if they leave (even if it doesn't affect the other player).

FIFA will have a demo as usual within the next 3-4 weeks Id say, since it is out at the end of september. PES always releases a demo at the same time, I always play both to see which Ill get. FIFA invariably wins :P

PES has stepped back up though, last years edition was fun. I enjoy the Become a Legend on it a lot more than I do the Be a Pro on Fifa. The only downside is if you're on the bench or get subbed and having to sit through and watch the time you don't play (even if you can 2x the speed). But that's not the biggest issue ever.

Although I've always been a Fifa fanboy. Thinking 12 looks incredible, I don't know how they've done it but I suspect it'll be an improvement on 11. My only concern is the realistic injuries. I hope it's not done to the extent where they try and flaunt it so much getting injuries happens on a regular basis (just like they love showing off how they have the advantage rule through the commentary).

yeh i know what you mean, the crunching tackles etc look pretty good though.

only reason iv always gone for pes is the players look better on it imo and somehow their movement seems more fluid. also i never seem to be able to score on fifa for some reason. :p

but i'll have a go on the demos when they come out and see.