oneBoro Forum

Mowbray and Emnes Nominated

Tony Mowbray is the short list for the Championship Manager of the Month Award and Emnes is up for Player of the Month.

I believe Gus Poyet will win this one but Emnes should win his award.

Well done to both, I dont think many of us expected this at the start of the season.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree. Think it'll be Poyet and Emnes too.

Also, anybody seen Savage Says on the BBC website? He's asked who he thinks the best manager outside the Premier League is. He mentions Poyet, Adkins and Clough. Surely Mogga deserved a mention in with those three? Oh well, no one cares what Savage has to say :P

He is only saying that surely on their league positions. I am sure at the start of the season that if Savage was asked that question Clough would not be in the list.

I listened to Savage yesterday on radio 1, I hated him as a player (i am sure I would have liked him if he was at Boro) but he is doing a good job carving himself out a career in the British Media and comes across as very honest.

Happy to hear that they have been nominated and hope marv gets the award. As for Mogga well we know how well he has done but he does not need the dreaded Managers curse does he?

Looking back am suprised he did not get the award during the latter stages of the season at all as it was thoroughly deserved and indeed in my eyes still is...but will refer to the curse again!!!

Peter Beagries thoughts on Mowbray.

http://www.skysports.com/opinion/story/0,,15231_7155933,00.html

Plus the list of all the nominees in this months awards.

Beagrie says he walked because he didn't get the contract he was supposed to, this was before bosman and i thought he walked as soon as we went into administration?

Anybody shed any light on this

Agree. Think it'll be Poyet and Emnes too.

Also, anybody seen Savage Says on the BBC website? He's asked who he thinks the best manager outside the Premier League is. He mentions Poyet, Adkins and Clough. Surely Mogga deserved a mention in with those three? Oh well, no one cares what Savage has to say :P

Savage talks crap, he's results orientated, always come to knee jerk conclusions and thinks he's 'contraversial'

i enjoyed listening to savage on chris moyles yesterday morning (as i did example this morning) i think he sound like a really nice guy who's honest, he made a good point of when someone mentioned his off the field conduct he challenged the 606 caller to give an example of his bad off field antics, and got the reply " everybody knows you wear bad clothes" at the time yes this was funny but i dont see why everyone has something against him, yes ok as a footballer he was known for being `physical`.

anyway back to the post i think emnes will face stiff competition from adam lallana who's been phenominal this month scoring me lots of points in FF)