• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks MMC for the nice reply on the QPR thread. Living in Stockton I usually do come on here a couple of times a season before we play you, and whatever the result with only what I consider decent comments afterwards, no gloating or worse stuff. Last year honours finished even, after being tanked at your place, we gained revenge with a win at our place, helped by the fog,and pitch, but that is much better this year. This season I guess we're in the driving seat for bragging rights, having already drawn at your place, which will mean bugger all on Tuesday night. Our fans are mightily pee'd off at the moment, myself included, after a decent start to the season it's gone very flat. We've been swapping 13th and 14th with yourselves over the last few weeks, and could swap again on Tuesday but I'm not holding my breath. I was at Doncaster the other week and whilst nearly 3k turned up the team didn't bother, same again at Blackpool yesterday with another 2k Town fans. We do actually beat you on away support, average around 1625 to Boro's 1475 as per 8th March, but not boasting about that as we are helped considerably by location and the number of local teams and nearby Lancashire teams. Just mentioning it as many of us are fed up of wasting our money. We need a win slightly more than yourselves, after a month of what should have been a number of winnable games we have a tough run in. Last thing I want is for us to be dragged into the relegation battle as per last year. We will probably end up with less than last years 56 pts, the only good thing is there are three really bad teams down there. The 12 point gap though, is maybe not enough, with 9 games to go, but I just can't see where the next 2 wins needed are coming from. A draw will be a RESULT for us on Tuesday night in all honesty.

Thanks MMC for the nice reply on the QPR thread. Living in Stockton I usually do come on here a couple of times a season before we play you, and whatever the result with only what I consider decent comments afterwards, no gloating or worse stuff. Last year honours finished even, after being tanked at your place, we gained revenge with a win at our place, helped by the fog,and pitch, but that is much better this year. This season I guess we're in the driving seat for bragging rights, having already drawn at your place, which will mean bugger all on Tuesday night. Our fans are mightily pee'd off at the moment, myself included, after a decent start to the season it's gone very flat. We've been swapping 13th and 14th with yourselves over the last few weeks, and could swap again on Tuesday but I'm not holding my breath. I was at Doncaster the other week and whilst nearly 3k turned up the team didn't bother, same again at Blackpool yesterday with another 2k Town fans. We do actually beat you on away support, average around 1625 to Boro's 1475 as per 8th March, but not boasting about that as we are helped considerably by location and the number of local teams and nearby Lancashire teams. Just mentioning it as many of us are fed up of wasting our money. We need a win slightly more than yourselves, after a month of what should have been a number of winnable games we have a tough run in. Last thing I want is for us to be dragged into the relegation battle as per last year. We will probably end up with less than last years 56 pts, the only good thing is there are three really bad teams down there. The 12 point gap though, is maybe not enough, with 9 games to go, but I just can't see where the next 2 wins needed are coming from. A draw will be a RESULT for us on Tuesday night in all honesty.

Hey Ziggs totally agree with your pain we have been there probably more than you (certainly in my life time)

i think you have a good chance to win after the current ref decisions we have and if not we wish you the best of luck after the game for the rest of the season

Badger in Asia

Perfect summation of both the match and our season BB :( For what its worth, I'll do the usual boring stat stuff...mainly to kill some time.

This one has all the makings of a bore draw. However, Boro do seem to have some kind of hex hanging over them at the moment, with injuries, poor refereeing and player errors all seeming to cost us dearly, just lately. I have a distinct feeling more of the same will see the home side take all 3 points, even if Boro turn in another decent performance.

So, lets see...Huddersfield without a win in their last 4 and generally patchy form overall, still have 3 wins in their last 10 games, compared to Boro's solitary victory. They have, however, lost 6, compared to 3 defeats for the visitors. If either side still has any fight left in them, they'll want to make amends for the defeats in their last games (the Terriers were also trounced 4-2 in their last home game against Blackburn). Unfortunately I see both defences and midfields dominating a dull, scrappy game...until Boro's aforementioned bad luck kicks in...

Huddersfield W12| D8| L17| F47| A51| Pts 44| Pos 16th

Boro W10| D15| L12| F45| A41| Pts 45| Pos 14th

Last 6 games

Huddersfield L W L D L L

Boro D L W D D L

These two teams have played each other many times and the historical stats say home advantage counts...a lot.

Played 42

Huddersfield Wins 23

Draws 9

Boro Wins 10

Huddersfield Goals 65

Boro Goals 39

Biggest Huddersfield Win 6 - 0 (1965-66)

Biggest Boro Win 1 - 4 (1987-88)

Last Huddersfield Win 2 - 1 (2012-13)

Last Boro Win 0 - 1 (1997-98)

Reverse fixture this season ended in a 1-1 draw at the Riverside.

My Prediction: Huddersfield 2 - 1 Middlesbrough

Looks like Dimi will continue in goal tomorrow its fairly clear Karanka doesn't like Steele I wouldn't be surprised to see him sold in the summer

I don't think its clear that karanka doesn't like Steele because dimi is in goal tomorrow. Dimi has been playing well so why drop him.

3-1 to us tomorrow

Perfect summation of both the match and our season BB :( For what its worth, I'll do the usual boring stat stuff...mainly to kill some time.

Nice work AnglianRed filling in some of the gaps in Boro Badger Issue #7!

I don't think my opening post has helped, but this has got to be the quietest match day thread ever.

1-0 to Uddersfield as my littl'un call em. Yet another lacklustre performance in front of goal me thinks. I reckon I may have more chance scoring tomorrow night and I'm a married man!!!!!!

I don't think my opening post has helped, but this has got to be the quietest match day thread ever.

Don't feel too bad...its early days yet. Plus the season is winding down and there is very little to play for. ;)

Come Friday afternon, things should be a bit livelier.

Don't feel too bad...its early days yet. Plus the season is winding down and there is very little to play for. ;)

Come Friday afternon, things should be a bit livelier.

You mean 3 days after the game is finished? :P