oneBoro Forum

Boro V Brighton and Hove Albion (A) 2-0

Amex Stadium Saturday 29th March 2014

Kick off 3pm or to the military minded a***st us 1500hrs.

Well I guess this could go down as THE LEAST SUPPORTED MATCH DAY THREAD THIS SEASON............................so far!:D

Though I hope not because there are plenty of topics that can be discussed before and during the match (as the Huddersfield thread proved)

The big question is will my usual knack of doing a winning match day thread continue or will I like many others before me simply have a one-off and without hope of another match day thread until next season....hmmm hard to say but maybe just maybe???

It has been let's face it a disappointing 2014 so far, ok nowehere near as bad as last year but we do not seem to have come on by leaps and bounds and the Karanka feel good factor has waned somewhat for whatever reasons.

Lately we do not seem to be as solid as recent weeks defensively wise and from being a hard team to beat let alone score against has taken a back seat, slightly worrying due to the fact that as we now have learnt where the oppositions goal is and getting the ball into the net has been nullified to a degree.

So what does the boss do from here on in? Use only the players he sees as being with Boro next term, though injuries have to be taken into account, or give a few of the fringe players a go? (Lots to discuss here)

The opposition Brighton still have hopes of making the play offs so will that mean they will see Boro as a guarenteed 3 points or will they show us some respect knowing that on our day we can beat anyone in this league (Karanka's words and not mine) and I just wish I knew when "our days" were coming (as you know I do not bet on the Boro but could buck the trend if I knew).

Of course our season is over and done with we all know that we will be facing 6 new teams in The Championship next season but I would hope that the last remaining games to come that we will show some fight and spirit and some wins as it has been a while since we had one.

You make your own luck have been told that many times....can Boro?

Solely because I seem to have the luck when doing a m/d thread I am going for a Boro win but sadly not reflected in this weeks prediction in the pl...........that says a lot:rolleyes:

Let the debate and discussions or lack of them begin!

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

id like to see the contingent of who Karanka wants to play next season start in this game. Match practice and playing in a formation will only benefit for next season.

I wouldnt say its been a disappointing 2014, we are no longer relegation threatened at the beginning of the season. I dont think realistically people are expecting Karanka to come in, stop the rot, and make us promotion candidates all in one season. He has stopped us from going down, and now we are mid table safely. That is success in my opinion. Obviously, it isnt what we would prefer, but promotion has to be a long process and the championship truely is a hard league to get out of.

Id like to see him drop Graham, he doesnt offer much in an attacking sense. Id also like to see Steele in goal, Dimi has had a bad game last match (done at near post), as these are 'nothing' games it would be good to see how he reacts to first team football again.

My prediction is....a 2-1 Loss.

Would like to see him start as he did the second half, with Tomlin in the #10 role and Butterfield playing in one of the DM positions. Also a start for Luke Williams maybe?

I'm going for a draw

Would like to see him start as he did the second half, with Tomlin in the #10 role and Butterfield playing in one of the DM positions. Also a start for Luke Williams maybe?

I'm going for a draw

I'd love to see the same line up and attitude as the first 10mins of the second half versus Huddersfield.

I really dont think graham is the problem , he feeds off little balls slotted down channels from 10-15 yds for him to run onto,at the moment we are fireing balls 40 yds and expecting him to bring them out the air and keep it 10 secs till everyone catches up

Do we really want to bring a youngster into the team and ask them to do that.

Going to this one as I live in Brighton, but as the missus is a Seagull (not literally) I will be sitting a***st their lot. Been to all the Boro Brighton matches at the Amex & it's usually an entertaining game, resulting in a draw on the last couple of occasions but also a Boro win a couple of seasons back (apologies if I'm wrong!). Much as I'd love a win, can't see past a 1-1 draw. Great stadium (& awesome city) though, so hope all you lads making the long trip have a fun day out!

Quick update from the QPR thread... The winner of the 'Guess the Attendance' game is...

OLLIE10!

His guess of 14,999 was just 76 away from the actual attendance of 15,075!

Rep point left for Ollie10 :)

Well, now that the season is well and truly done and dusted for us, I would like to see (and no doubt we will get) Karanka concentrating on getting his favoured players as much match time as possible, in order to help them adapt to the system he uses.

Whether this helps or hinders us against Brighton, I guess we'll find out on the day.

I suppose I'm with the majority in not holding out much hope, given our current form, matched against the hosts' play-off ambitions. Brighton's season and recent results aren't hugely impressive, but certainly decent and Boro will have to raise their game to come away from the Amex with anything. On current form, I think the best we can hope for is another draw, but most likely the hosts will take all 3 points. The fact Brighton have lost their last 2 games, does give a tiny amount of hope, but probably won't count for much on the day...as does the fact they're not prolific goalscorers, although they do have the joint best defensive record in the league.

Brighton W15| D11| L11| F39| A31| Pts 56| Pos 9th

Boro W10| D16| L12| F47| A43| Pts 46| Pos 15th

Last 6 Games

Brighton W D W W L L

Boro L W D D L D

For once, the historical stats suggest Boro often get the better of Albion on their own turf, although the goals for and against make it apparent it is usually a close-run affair. The overall record is also very much in favour of Boro, with 20 wins, 9 draws and 9 defeats.

Played 18 (A)

Brighton Wins 6

Draws 4

Boro Wins 8

Brighton Goals 27

Boro Goals 29

Biggest Brighton Win 3 - 0 (1983-84)

Biggest Boro Win 2 - 4 (1990-91)

Last Brighton Win 1 - 0 (1989-90)

Last Boro Win 0 - 1 (2012-13)

There have also been some notable victories for Boro, including 4-0 and 5-0 home wins in the early 1990s and an incredible 6-4 away win during the 1958-59 season (also a 9-0 thrashing at home that season). In recent years it seems both teams have made a bit of a habit of winning away and losing at home. All of which leaves me thoroughly confused and undecided...

My Prediction Brighton 1 - 1 Middlesbrough

Aitor Karanka was very complimentary of Luke Williams in his post match interview. Hopefully that means he could get a proper chance in the side soon.

I'd like to see him start in place of Ledesma tomorrow. Along with Tomlin they would provide better support for Graham who is getting zero service at the moment