oneBoro Forum

Saturday 19th April 2014. Kick off 3pm (1500hrs)

Riverside Stadium.

Well I don't know if this thread should start off with a fanfare as this is the first time this season that the same m/d originator has authored 5 consequetive match day threads:)

On Saturday we welcome to the Riverside the Lions of Millwall FC to what could be a very tasty affair and though I did not really think I would use my immortal words again this season but to some members of the forum and fans alike possibly THE MOST IMPORTANT GAME OF THE SEASON........so far!:D

However and due to the precarious league position of our opposition this will not be a stroll in the park indeed a typical type of game where in the recent past we could expect Boro to lose.......but we are made of sterner stuff these days as recent performances have shown and without having to field a full team as the last 2 games have shown (however lack of man power could bite us in the ass!) Millwall will fight all the way and if our old boys Bailey Hoyte and Skippy want to prove a point then they could spoil our day and give Millwall some comfort room with their last 3 games.

Circumstances have allowed the very vague and distant and remotely possible hope that Boro could, if ladyluck conspires our way, make it into the top six............however as stated before our barren run HAS come back to haunt us at the crucial time and we will be talking about "if only" at the end of season.

Ok so what keeps the interest alive well depending on the results of the following we could come 5pm Saturday still be clinging onto the tiniest thread of belief.

Blackburn V Yeovil (could do with an away win)

Bournemouth V Sheff Wed (away win or draw would suit us best)

Huddersfield V Brighton (Home win preferred)

Wigan V Reading (Hard one to call but draw is best or home win)

Forest V Birmingham (Away win preferred or draw at worst)

Watford V Ipswich (Draw imo best but if not home win)

I have a sneaky feeling that this will be a well posted thread as loads to chat about and certainly on match day there will bea lot of posters and guests reading from afar.

Talking points.

Will the old boys (if playing) get a good reception from Boro fans?

Who will be playing in defence this week?

And cruicially will I get to do 6 yes 6 m/d threads on the spin?

Over to you guys and I thank you!;)

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

6?? 6!!!???? My dear DS you think so small, you're going to do 9 on the spin!!! 3-0 boro, bailey gets sent off for crippling leadbitter, Scotty runs around for 80mins then sulks for the remaining 10, hoyte plays a blinder... At right back!!!! But to no avail!

Looking at the other fixtures you put up DS, there's none that are really out there, if you get me? If any of those results we need happened it wouldn't exactly be a massive shock.

And if we beat Millwall (Which I really fancy us to do) and the Leicester result goes our way tonight.. We could be right in the mix!

#DareToZlatan

We need the team that finishes 6th to finish on 70 points maximum and if we win all our remaining fixtures it could all come down to goal difference.

As far I can see it's only bailey that's a regular for this 'Big'club. But with the return if Omerou and maybe friend can't see past a Boro win here. Also if whitehead/Leadbitter gets under Baileys skin he'll be so eager to impress he'll become counter productive

I hope Scott McDonald gets the boos he deserves and Holloway for that matter, slagging off Karanka with that stupid quip about "knowing Mourinho for 10 mins".

I think we are completely different animal to last time we faced Millwall, which really for me was make or break. lets show them how far we have come.

2-0 Boro

Basing on Saturday away at Burnley and the fact the season is closing fast, I've decided to treat myself to an Easter drive from London to the Riverside on Saturday. I'll be there booing McDonald and Holloway. Hopefully we'll put one nail in their coffin too...

I'm also going to make a point of seeing my mackem-supporting mates this weekend ;)

These are all the fixtures left for the teams above us currently, plus ours:

12th: Middlesbrough

Millwall (H)

Reading (A)

Barnsley (H)

Yeovil (A)

11th: Notts Forest

Birmingham (H)

Leeds (A)

Bournemouth (A)

Brighton (H)

10th: Blackburn

Yeovil (H)

Birmingham (A)

Charlton (A)

Wigan (H)

9th: Bournemouth

Sheff Wed (H)

Ipswich (A)

Notts Forest (H)

Millwall (A)

8th: Reading

Leicester (H)

Wigan (A)

Middlesbrough (H)

Doncaster (A)

Burnley (H)

7th: Ipswich

Watford (A)

Bournemouth (H)

Burnley (A)

Sheff Wed (H)

6th: Brighton

Huddersfield (A)

Blackpool (H)

Yeovil (H)

Notts Forest (A)

-------------------------

We have one of the easier final run ins, while Reading clearly have the toughest set of fixtures left.

There's probably to many games where teams above us play each other to be of any use to us though.

Hopefully Friend will be back for this one so we can go back to our usual 4-2-3-1 system, ledesma at LB is the stuff nightmares are made of haha.

-------------Dimi--------------

Varga---Woody--Omeruo--Friend

------Chalobah--Leadbitter------

Adomah---Butterfield---Tomlin/Williams

---------------Graham----------------

Would be harsh on Butterfield or Tomlin if one of them was left out but if were playing our usual system then one probably will, could play Tomlin on the left and play Butterfield through the middle and leave williams out though.

At least with Ayala banned he will have more time to get properly match fit for that Reading game which really is our biggest game of the season.......

Hoyte will get a good reception I hope as will Bailey, can see Mcdonald getting booed, he didnt have nice words about the club or fans when he left. He will find his level when they are relegated though so its all good :) Three goals all season says it all really

3-0 Boro Butterfield, Graham, Adomah