oneBoro Forum

Middlesbrough V Bolton

The Riverside Stadium of Dreams

7.45 pm

Tuesday 24th February 2015

Welcome to my debut match day thread, fasten your seatbelts and enjoy the ride. On the back of a horrible fluke result against the scum, Bolton is now an absolute must win. Time of writing we are still top of the league, but as per the rest of the championship season , its tighter than an Ayala Gibson partnership. NB. This thread was due to have pictures, but my technical stupidity has prevented this at time of writing.

14 Left to Play…

Yes that’s right, believe it or not we’re nearly at the home stretch of this magnificent season. After this game we have Sheff Wed, Forest, Derby, Bournemouth, Watford, Norwich and Fulham to play away and Millwall, Ipswich, Wigan, Rotherham, Wolves and Brighton to play at the Riverside. Tantalising prospect if we can keep winning into the run in, but let’s focus on this game in hand….

Team News…

This game could be the return of everyone's favourite Greek yogurt, dimi konstonlopopopopoplas. Thomas 'long throw expert' Mejias has been decent enough so I'm sure Aitor will have that in his thoughts. Jelle got an awful head injury against the scum so may be unlikely to feature. Forshaw, Tomlin and Bamford all pushing for starts. Not sure for Bolton at the time of writing but I'll update later.

Reverse and Previous Fixtures…

Way back when in August 2014 (so long ago that Seb Hines played for us), Boro beat Bolton 2-1 with goals from Leadbitter and Kike, highlight can be found here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJE3Wj0iTB4 

Other notable games include Middlesbrough's famous League Cup win, highlights of which can be found by any speaking to any Boro fan worth their salt... or alternatively here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e49ogV_WxFg

Usually Boro Bolton games provide some goals, so it's worth a look through the history books if you have a minutes or 5.

The Opposition…

My one to to watch is former boro favourite, David Wheaters chin who should line up next to one of our own, David Wheaters forehead. Recently been captaining the trotters, but never  really hit the same heights he did at the Riverside. Perhaps we can hope for an own goal from the lack of communication between chin and forehead? Bolton have been an up and down team of late, humping Fulham and narrowly loosing to Watford and Liverpool. They may also use their secret weapons; players who you previously thought were extinct..

Key Stats...

To be updated when I've got a bit more time...

Key Chants…

We're going up, We're going up with Tony Mow... I mean... the might Boro are going up....

He's one of our own, he's one of our owwwwnnnnnn, David Wheaters Chin, He's one of our own....

We still hate Leeds scum, We still hate Leeds scum...

View from the opposition…

http://www.the-wanderer.co.uk/boards/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=25891

Sing Along...

Everyone raise your lighters and prepare to sway to the tune of Hallelujah or Mark Viduka by Jeff Buckly or Alastair Griffin...

I dreamed there was a secret ball 

Karanka dreamed it would beat them all

Leading Boro up, just like a concord

It goes like this, the full pitch width

Adomahs cross and Tomlin’s flick

The baffled keeper can’t stop Patrick Bamford

Patrick Bamford, Patrick Bamford, Patrick Bamford, Patrick Bamford

Defence was strong but we needed Friend

Omeruo, Woodgate and Big Ben

Just to stop Chris Martin, running goal wards

The faction flags wave in the sky

Cheers erupt at the Riverside

The ball goes in from the head of Patrick Bamford

I placed a bet, it was far too much

Praying for Leadbitters touch

To find the golden boot of Patrick Bamford

But even though the brolly one

Will shout ”Mark Vossen” all game long

The pass will always make it through to Bamford

Enjoy the game one and all UTB.

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

With what happened today and coupled with the Bolton result and sending off then to me this has to be a MUST win game.

Boro need to show us that the blip has stopped and to make amends for the Leeds result

Is Dimi back for this? If so,

Dimi, Nsue, Kalas, Gibson, Friend,Clayton, Leadbitter, Adomah, Tomlin, Bamford, Kike

I'd like to see Wildschut given a chance but no idea why he isn't favoured. Reach has been abysmal for months, please keep him away from this team. Is carayol any closer to returning?

Is Dimi back for this? If so,

Dimi, Nsue, Kalas, Gibson, Friend,Clayton, Leadbitter, Adomah, Tomlin, Bamford, Kike

I'd like to see Wildschut given a chance but no idea why he isn't favoured. Reach has been abysmal for months, please keep him away from this team. Is carayol any closer to returning?

Dimi will be back on Tuesday mate.. Only 1 game ban.

Probably claimed for the 32nd time this season, but without a doubt the BIGGEST game of the season.

-------------------Dimi--------------------

---Nsue---Gibson----Kalas---Friend---

-----------Leaditter--Clayton------------

----Adomah----Forshaw----Tomlin-----

-------------------Bamford----------------

Bringing Dimi back is a no-brainer, but Mejias did do alright today.

Although tempted to bring Fredericks back in, I thought we lost something when Nsue went off today. Him and Adomah seemed to have a good understanding together on the wing.

Reach failed to impress me today. Seemed to take on his man, but rather than whipping a ball into the box, would stop and pass it back to Friend. Tomlin playing may give Friend a bit more space to run into since LT will drift into the centre.