oneBoro Forum

Boro v Sheff Wed (A) 3-1

Sheffield Wednesday v Middlesbrough 

So after a Topsy-Turvy week that saw Boro lose their first match of the season, possibly lose the best right winger at the club and come through a Carling Cup tie that was made more awkward than is ought to be. But a win is a win and coming from behind no less, a task that had not been achieved in over a year when Boro managed to claw back a beat a Bolton side away from home with goals from Leadbitter and Kike.

The Opposition

Sheff Wed are one of my teams this season to keep a eye on. With Signings like Lewis Mcgugan, Alex Lopez and if our friend Alan Nixon is to believed Gary Hooper they certainly are making a statement of intent of their aspirations for this season. Add to the fact that Boro haven’t beaten them since November 2012 and that was at home. You will need to go back to 15th September 2009 to look for an away win.

In terms of form they are almost identical to Boro with 2 cup wins, 1 league win 1 loss and 2 draws. They too sit on 5pts. So pressure maybe on them to perform at home.

Boro

After a strange week where IMO Karanka got his tactics wrong against City and everyone on the forum have been speculating to exactly what went in the dressing room between AA and AK this (on paper anyways)  is totally the wrong kind of fixture for us. But a win would send us into the International break on a high and the season back on track.

When the international break is over at least the transfer window is too and our squad should have taken a more solid shape with the exception of a couple of loan signings.

Men in Black

Referee                     Mark Heywood

Assistants                  Dumitru Ravel Cheosiaua and Neil Radford

Fourth Official        Darren Handley

Possible line up

----------------Dimi----------------

Kalas--Ayala---GibboFriend

-----Clayton-----Leadbitter-----

????-----Fabrini-----Downing

---------------Kike--------------

???? I would like to think will be filled by Albert Adomah but even after his talks with Gibbo are positive I cant see him being in the right frame of mind for the game. Possible scenarios are:-

Put Downing on the right and reach on the left (I think this is most likely)

Nsue on the right

Wildschutt on the right

But would like to hear your thoughts

Betting

Boro are slight favourites for this match at a fraction over evens, Sheff Wed are 5/2 and the draw is a tiny bit under that.

Personally the bet I’d go for both teams to score (BTTS) at evens or if you're feeling confident BTTS and a Boro win is just over 3/1

Goal scorers –            Kike 11/2 FGS and 2/1 anytime (Got to be worth a punt)  

Downing is 3/1 anytime for the romantics a***st us.

Anyways guys and girls over to you!!!!

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Does anyone know how many tickets we've sold? We took 4,000 last season but we've only been allocated 2,500 this time round and by the looks of it we haven't even sold those tickets?

EDIT: Last season tickets were £27 now they're £33 what an absolute rip off.

Does anyone know how many tickets we've sold? We took 4,000 last season but we've only been allocated 2,500 this time round and by the looks of it we haven't even sold those tickets?

EDIT: Last season tickets were £27 now they're £33 what an absolute rip off.

I reckon this season's Boro side are worth a fiver more to watch than the team that played last year.

Will there be tickets available on the door? I'm in Leeds this weekend doing family stuff, but might be able to swing it.

Think we will bounce back with a decent win (2-1 or 3-1)

Bad day at the office last week and we owe Wednesday one so AK will have them up for this. Team will be difficult to pick as Albert seems to haver spat his dummy out and Stuani scoring goals midweeek in the same team as Kike suggest he might get the nod there , but a cointoss over the two really. Think he might find a place for Forshaw but not sure where so I have stuck him on the right.

----Dimi----------------

Kalas--Ayala---Gibbo—Friend

Forshaw----Fabrini-----Downing

---------------Stuani--------------

Probably completely different by saturday!

Think we will bounce back with a decent win (2-1 or 3-1)

Bad day at the office last week and we owe Wednesday one so AK will have them up for this. Team will be difficult to pick as Albert seems to haver spat his dummy out and Stuani scoring goals midweeek in the same team as Kike suggest he might get the nod there , but a cointoss over the two really. Think he might find a place for Forshaw but not sure where so I have stuck him on the right.

----Dimi----------------

Kalas--Ayala---Gibbo—Friend

Forshaw----Fabrini-----Downing

---------------Stuani--------------

Probably completely different by saturday!

Forshaw at right mid.. Do you know something :). He seems to like downing RM so id say your team but stewy RM and reach left. Or stuani right ....or ....

I hope we break this curse of Sheffield Wednesday.

But I don't expect we will.

2-0 to Wednesday

Dimi

Kalas Ayala Gibson Friend

Forshaw Leadbitter

Stuani Fabbrini Downing

Kike

Subs: Mejias, Woodgate, Stephens, Nsue, Clayton, Reach, Nugent

If there was ever a time that Forshaw should be given a chance in the league, it's this one.