sketch-1446664403109_zpstbkw4wgq.jpg

Details

Teams – Hull v Middlesbrough

Location – The Kacey Stadium

Competition – The Sky Bet Championship

Date – Saturday, 7th November 2015

Time – 15:00

Introduction

After a damp squib of a game, in which Boro were put through the mill by a stodgy Rotherham team, Boro take the short trip down to the City of Culture 2017, Hull.

The Last Games

Boro:

Middlesbrough 1 - 0 Rotherham 

Boro never really got out of first gear in beating The Millers. A dull performance saw the three points stop over at Middlesbrough, if only because they fell asleep with the rest of us in the stands and missed the bus down to South Yorkshire...

Hull:

Brentford 0 - 2 Hull

The orange and black Tigers beat the red and white Bees in a game of football, and also in a game of knowing what colour animals are...

Brentford started well and had the better of the early chances. They didn't convert them however and Hull's Robertson and Clucas knocked two second half goals past helpless Brentford goalkeeper Button, who must have been dearly wishing that his 't's could have been 'f's. 

Upon conceding the second goal, one indignant Brentford fan was heard to shout: "Boo Bees!" 

Graph showing the excitement levels leading up to the Hull v Boro game

sketch-1446664942948_zpsid0ejuvj.jpg

Injury/Availability News

Boro:

:)    - The Middlesbrough players are going hull for leather in training in an attempt to remain fit for the game

Hull:

:cool: - Have no injuries. In fact, Theyyyyyy're great!

Form (League only - most recent last)

Boro: LDLWWW

Hull: WDWWWW

The Un(ger)-Official Match Preview

We all know that Boro can turn up the heat for games like this. The only question is: Will they?????

The answer is yes. Yes they will.

2-1 Boro, Leadbitter and Nugent to score.

Just remember one thing gentlemen; Hull is for Heroes!

The View From The Other Side

- "We don't seem to have an opinion on this match, we must be too interested in second rate sports like rugby or something"

The Boro-unger multi copyright-infringing Motivational Hull based misquotes of the week! 

- "If you're going through Hull, Keep going..." - Winston Churchill

- "Hull is empty and all the devils are here" - William Shakespeare

- "It's easy to go down to Hull; night and day, the gates of dark death stand wide; but to climb back again, to retrace one's steps to the upper air - there's the rub, the task" - Virgil

- "Don't bring me dooooown; Bruuuuce" - The Electric Light Orchestra

- "Why does it smell like Soy Sauce?" - Everyone who's been to Hull

- "Do you know who I am?!" - Ronnie Pickering

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice opening post Unger! I hope this isn't a game too far for some inevitable tired legs out there.

However if we are all fit and up for it I think we can beat Hull but wouldn't be disappointed with a draw.

Dimi, Kalas, Ayala, Gibson, Friend, Leadbitter, Clayton, Downing, Adomah, Fabbrini, Nugent.

1-0 Nugent 24min.

We've been able to rest most of the players over the course of the last few games so hopefully tiredness won't be too much of a factor. Hull have named an unchanged side for the last two games to they haven't had the benefit of that. Hull have the best defensive record in the league right now, it would be nice to change that on Saturday and put ourselves back in that position. I believe that this is a really stern test and it will be interesting to see how we go about our attacking play.

I was reading the Hull forum the other night.. They seem like a decent bunch of fans, I don't get the impression they think they are too good for the league like the Derby fans do.. Reading some of the posts, Hull seem a lot like us, Excellent defence & have the talent to score goals but don't always finish teams off which frustrates fans.

I think the likely score/s will be 0-0 or 1-0 either way.

Nice opening post Unger! I hope this isn't a game too far for some inevitable tired legs out there.

However if we are all fit and up for it I think we can beat Hull but wouldn't be disappointed with a draw.

Dimi, Kalas, Ayala, Gibson, Friend, Leadbitter, Clayton, Downing, Adomah, Fabbrini, Nugent.

1-0 Nugent 24min.

I think we'll see that line up but Nsue over Kalas hopefully...Nsue has been a revelation this season...poor man's Dani Alves :P

1-0 Nugent 24min.

I think we'll see that line up but Nsue over Kalas hopefully...Nsue has been a revelation this season...poor man's Dani Alves :P

I think AK will pick that team.. I think he will choose Kalas over Nsue because he is better defensively.

I was reading the Hull forum the other night.. They seem like a decent bunch of fans, I don't get the impression they think they are too good for the league like the Derby fans do.. Reading some of the posts, Hull seem a lot like us, Excellent defence & have the talent to score goals but don't always finish teams off which frustrates fans.

After the posts on here over the last few weeks, we can't criticize the derby fans anymore imo. Been as bad it not worse with unrealistic expectations.

:rolleyes: Here we go again.

Actually not talking about you so you can calm yourself! I agree with your assessments more often than not. I'm taking about the people who predict 5-0 wins in Every game and think we're gonna steamrroll every team and get annoyed when we don't. You definitely don't fit into that category! But there are a few who shall go unnamed, and they are coming across every bit as arrogant as those derby fans everyone made fun of last year.

So a draw, a win or defeat :D all neatly covered.

A draw you say, yes please would take a drab 0-0 now (mainly as i cant get there and i'll be being dragged round a Xmas Fair!!!!)

This is a relly stern test against a real rival for one of those hallowed top 2 slots. I work with a Hull fan and every week he expects the wheels to fall off, his prediction was 2-1 Boro, i would tear your arm off for that!!

Our away record has been awesome this season so far

We have a habit of stepping up to the plate against the better teams where we,d of been happy with a point,  Notts Forest, Sheff Wed

It seems to bring the best out of the team as a whole

Boro will nick this 1-0, with an early goal   :heart:  and soak up the pressure for 75 mins

Adomah  15 mins

:rolleyes: Here we go again.

Actually not talking about you so you can calm yourself! I agree with your assessments more often than not. I'm taking about the people who predict 5-0 wins in Every game and think we're gonna steamrroll every team and get annoyed when we don't. You definitely don't fit into that category! But there are a few who shall go unnamed, and they are coming across every bit as arrogant as those derby fans everyone made fun of last year.

I don't fit into the arrogant category even though I thought we would hammer Rotherham :)