Boro vs MK Dons (A) 1-1

How Will Boro Perform?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. How Will Boro Perform?

• Smash Hit (Win)
    • Sleeper Hit (Draw)
    • Box Office Flop (Lose)

A Dark Cloud Covers Teesside

2016 so far: A couple of wins against Derby and Brentford were the perfect start, but going out of the cup at the first attempt, and 3 in the league without a win has not helped the cause. The optimism of the transfer window was hampered when Boro limped to a disappointing 1-1 home draw with Blackburn Rovers. The critics snarled and the knives are drawn. Grand Leader Karanka is under pressure.

Fortunately, our heroes have a game quickly following that one to try to put things right, and it's a first ever trip to Stadium MK to face the the evil franchise Milton Keynes Dons. The defence have been breached, but remain our strengths. It is now time for our attack to...

mZ6hmss.jpg 

CAST

Aitor Karanka as The Gaffer

Dimitrios Konstantopoulos as Goalkeeper

Emilio Nsue as Right Back

Ben Gibson as Centre Back 1

Tomas Kalas as Centre Back 2

Richie De Laet as Left Back

Adam Clayton as Central Midfielder

Grant Leadbitter as Captain

Christhian Stuani as Right Midfielder

Gaston Ramirez as El Mercenario

Stewart Downing as Left Midfielder

Jordan Rhodes as The Great White Hope

WHAT THE CRITICS ARE SAYING

http://www.concreteroundabout.co.uk/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=16665

RELEASE DATE  9th February 2016. 7:45pm

RUNNING TIME  95 minutes approx (with interval)

BOX OFFICE

Despite the premiere being delayed due to a release date clash with MK Dons v Chelsea, the die hard fans have still snapped up all the tickets for this clash.

CONTROVERSIES

- Would James Husband be better in the role of Left Back

- Who will fill the 'Centre Back' role if star man Dani Ayala is unable to reprise his role?

- Will David Nugent make a guest appearance? 

- Will there be any recasting of roles (or 'rotation')?

- How many roundabouts is too many?

The floor is yours...

• Replies 806
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Great OP Tom.

- I'd keep De Laet at LB, played well on his debut and showed some good pace.

- Tomas Kalas, impressed me when he came on against both Forest and Blackburn.

- Think Nugent will be dropped for Rhodes, although I would personally like to see him playing just off Rhodes.

- Think the only change will be Sola dropped, Stuani to come in.

- Nowt against roundabouts.

This is probably the biggest game of the season so far for so many reasons. We have to stop this winless streak sooner rather than later, and a win would take us 3 clear at the top. Simply no excuses not to play your strongest 11, yesterday was really the first time I was properly ***ed off with AK.

His honeymoon period is over, it we don't go up with this squad he will bear the brunt of the blame.

Agree with BoroTom's team other than Nugent for Ramirez? Play Nugent in the no.10 role just behind Rhodes. Hopefully Nugent's goal yesterday will give him some confidence back.

Think we'll see a much improved performance from Boro on Tuesday, 4-1 Boro. Rhodes to score first.

Team:

Dimi

De Laet

Gibson

Kalas

Nsue

Clayton

De Saart

Downing

Ramirez

Stuani

Rhodes

I think we will a very fresh team. That 'three' I think is about as good as we could hope for. As for Rhodes, well he's just raw goals.

I think we will batter them.

I know we were all calling for Rhodes on Saturday, but in the end Nuge scored. It would be a bit harsh to drop him after that and it doesnt exactly send out a good message. I would go with:

Dimi

De Laet

Gibson

Kalas

Nsue

Clayton

Forshaw

Downing

Ramires

Adomah

Nuge

Kalas has been getting some good reviews as CB and he has more experience than Fry so would expect him to slot in. Has Baptiste had any more minutes?

Would give Grant a rest as if both him and Clayton are on 9 cards we dont want them missing the same games. De Sart hasnt been here long enough for me to personally pick him over Forshawm and I dont want Williams to play for us again.

Front 3 - 2 orthodox wide men and a 10. They are all interchangeable and could cause problems. If Downing and Adomah dont produce the goods, then sling them. But it would be harsh to overhaul the whole front end and could have a more disjointed effect.

Nuge scored. Thats it. Nothing to do with bedding in. If we arent winning we have Rhodes and Stuani to bring on. Cant comment on Kike Sola but his reviews werent entirely favourable to say the least.

I would guess coming from La Liga meas he is definitely an AK signing rather than a scouting team discovery, so he must have seen something there to improve our team. Moaning and groaning wont help the lad or the team so I hope people dont react if he does start.

talk all you like about personnel changes in the side and formation twitching but whoever takes the pitch and whatever set up we adopt , the glaring issue that needs to be adressed is the number of chances we are currently creating  ,  when we lost at home to Bristol earlier in the season and struggled against Fulham it was not for the lack of shots/chances it was simply our inability to finish them off, we now have argueably the best finisher in this league at our disposal and we have to drastically increase the number of chances we create from that of the last half dozen or so games .

its AK,S taslk to put on the field a set of players in positions they are best suited to with the ability (which we all know the have) and in turn those players have to work as a unit and get back to enjoying their game again( recent alleged tantrums from Adomah and Downing prompted this particular adjective) we can overcome loss of form and in the main we can cover suspensions and injuries  but what no team can suceessfully work against is a lack of unity .

its not the time to hit the panic button and change formations but we have to stop this little rut and if we go into this match with the right attitude ,which i think we will  ,hopefully this will be the turn back in the right direction .

i think Adomah, Kike Sola and Ayala may be replaced with Kalas,Stuani and Rhodes with maybe Nugent playing just behind Rhodes ,

and just one other thing i was wondering , to those who go to the games , do you think Nsue could temporarily operate on the left side as i really believe DeLaet is better suited on the right.

aaaannnnnd  Breathe ;)

I have quite high hopes for stream for this one - there's 1 FA Cup replay and our game that are the most high profile English games on Tuesday.

Honestly, I would have taken your arm clean off at the beginning of the season if you had offered me Boro being

joint top with game in hand.

We have got this far mainly due to an outstanding defence with no top class striker. Unbelievable the number of games played that were 0-0 half time.

We now have a top class striker in Rhodes. The chairman has shown tremendous faith in our manager.

Now's the time for Karanka to show his class and adapt to the situation at hand. There are two ways this season could go imo.

1. We continue to play the defensive way we have, hoping that Rhodes can put away the few chances we create and hope that our rivals come off the boil.

2. We show a more positive and aggressive attitude in our remaining games and play to a system that allows our players to display their talents.

Tuesday's game is perfect for us to get back to winning ways. In recent seasons mid week games have been good for us. Hull form is q poor away from home. We still have a chance to stamp our authority in this league.

Time for Karanka to show us he is a class apart from the ginger whinger and co. Great managers rise to the occasion. Great managers get the best out of their players.

I think we will start to show our class and it will coincide with an improvement in Downing's form.

Best way to gain promotion is to win the championship and I think we will.

UTB.

Blackburn was massive to stop the rot and we didn't as whilst we didn't lose the game the performance was garbage. I don't see how there can be any excuse for not winning this game. Karanka can keep blaming the players and he's probably right to a certain extent but some of it is down to him. It's time to stop screwing around and trying to be clever with some of these sides and just go out and take it to them. Our squad is so much better than most that it's ludicrous to think we needs to be cautious all the time. Tuesday is a case in point, we are goals better than MK Dons, not a goal better, not a bit better but comfortably better than them and we need to show it. I actually don't care what the line up is, pick whoever you like but there needs to be a change in mindset in my opinion

Honestly, I would have taken your arm clean off at the beginning of the season if you had offered me Boro being

We have got this far mainly due to an outstanding defence with no top class striker. Unbelievable the number of games played that were 0-0 half time.

We now have a top class striker in Rhodes. The chairman has shown tremendous faith in our manager.

Now's the time for Karanka to show his class and adapt to the situation at hand. There are two ways this season could go imo.

1. We continue to play the defensive way we have, hoping that Rhodes can put away the few chances we create and hope that our rivals come off the boil.

2. We show a more positive and aggressive attitude in our remaining games and play to a system that allows our players to display their talents.

Tuesday's game is perfect for us to get back to winning ways. In recent seasons mid week games have been good for us. Hull form is q poor away from home. We still have a chance to stamp our authority in this league.

Time for Karanka to show us he is a class apart from the ginger whinger and co. Great managers rise to the occasion. Great managers get the best out of their players.

I think we will start to show our class and it will coincide with an improvement in Downing's form.

UTB.

Of course everyone would have taken this position at the start of the season but it could, and probably should, have been a lot lot better. Too many dropped points against bang average teams.

UTB.

Of course everyone would have taken this position at the start of the season but it could, and probably should, have been a lot lot better. Too many dropped points against bang average teams.

And could Burnley and Hull fans not say the same thing.?